[GS] Future Update?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Brazil being in the game and not Portugal is an egregious oversight that needs correcting.

Brazil being in the game and not Portugal is an egregious oversight that needs correcting.

Paradox can`t leave large area`s of the earth map empty. Europe would be overcrowded when you place a civ on their real starting locations .
While Southern America would need every possible civ to fill it up. Brazil in 21 century is a pretty big erea and cant be disregarded.
There are not a lot of competitors in the erea. A lot of small and a few medium sized nations that do not really earn their spot before brazil beside the usual ancient civs.
North America was barely populated. It was so scarcely populated the strategy of enslavement and extortion like the Spanish did south was not available to the English.
You would pretty much starve if you dont grow your own food.
Before the 16th century the central/south american population was pretty much crowded on a couple of perfect geographic erea`s. And not that much somewhere else.
Living in a rainforest must not have been enjoyable back then. Just emagine trying to clear an acre of farmland with an axe if you want to settle down.

I never said I had a problem with Brazil being in the game. But Portugal should be there too, if they are.

Sumeria and Babylon aren't close enough;
Cree aren't almost the same;
'Portugal is not important' is a statement that only makes sense in the present tense;
There being enough Greece relates little with Byzantium;
Central America should not be represented by the Aztecs only.

I am not saying thus is true, only its best explanation if there is not going to be xp3

So... what if the big theme of the possible third expansion isn't health, or plagues/diseases, or economic victory (not, of course, to say some of those might not also feature)... but a big religion revamp, featuring a Reformation mechanic, among other things?
I am 1,000% on board with this. In my opinion Religious Victory is the dullest, least fun victory type in Civ VI. It's just get a religion, build a couple of key wonders to help move things along, then vomit apostles all over the world. And aside from a couple of tweaks and small additions here and there, the religion system in Civ VI remains largely unchanged since launch. Now, that's not to say I consider there to be anything wrong at all with the base religion system as far as getting a religion and choosing beliefs and whatnot is concerned. But that doesn't mean Firaxis couldn't still give the whole thing an overhaul and make Religious Victory far more compelling. After all, Gathering Storm changed up the process for the Science Victory, gave Culture Victory the Rock Band, Domination the GDR, and brought Diplo Victory back from Civ V. Religious Victory got nothing.

Clearly the third expansion needs to add a religious zealot version of Liberty Prime from Fallout, where it goes around preaching the virtues of catholicism whilst razing any city that refuses to convert, :lol:

So... what if the big theme of the possible third expansion isn't health, or plagues/diseases, or economic victory (not, of course, to say some of those might not also feature)... but a big religion revamp, featuring a Reformation mechanic, among other things?

I like this question: everyone talks about health or corporations. These themes can be improved to give a little more solid content to the expansion (I liked the way they took an old item (volcanic eruptions or the golden ages of the old civs 2 and 3) to give it a whole new dimension in R & F and GS.
but what could be totally new and never seen before?

Well by those criteria, the alt from the 3rd expansion should be Elizabeth the First, as she's the only one of the original leaders since Civ 1 that is missing. All of the other 5 timers are in the game already.

Nah, 6 is going to be the first time Liz I misses out. Lincoln hasn't been in every version, so all the greats will miss out at some point. And so far there are only three alt leaders. England won't get a second.

For anyone unsure of Portuguese influence on world trade, this is a good read: https://www.amazon.com/Taste-Conquest-Three-Great-Cities/dp/0345480848

They belong in Civ.

Yeah, no Portugal is really inexcusable. One of the most important countries of explorers and colonizers in the history of mankind.

I can only think of how poor the mindset of the person in charge would be if they thought somethink like: oooh, there is a lot of european powers and we have Brazil which is a Portuguese Speaking country right?

And that is how one leaves England, France or Spain out of the Table as well...

Im Spanish, and I acknowledge that maybe Spain or England had a major impact in history at the End. But the contribution of Portugal is so hugue specially shaping the age of discovery and exploration that literally created the modern world and Ispired the whole Civ series, that the omission is like speaking of the cold war without speaking about Russia (cause you know, they did not come out as winners in the end)...

First Civ I will play if they decide to add it.

Can anyone tell me in what matter Firaxis dropped the DLCs in the past? I wasn't active in this lovely place when they were announced, so I skipped the whole marketing cycle around them. I still haven't lost hope we're getting something before Xmas.

I think my comment created a lot of responses directly or indirectly when I said "Portugal is not that important" due to me not being clear enough or misinterpretation....

For me not having Portugal is one of the reasons i think there is going to be XP3 because I think Portugal is important enough to be in every Civ game. But if not only explanation could be that devs think its not important enough because you cant say "we have Spain for Portugal" as you could maybe say for Cree and other native american Civ's. I would put Portugal importance bigger than Maya or some other possible XP3 Civ's - Portugal and Babylon at the top.

Can anyone tell me in what matter Firaxis dropped the DLCs in the past? I wasn't active in this lovely place when they were announced, so I skipped the whole marketing cycle around them. I still haven't lost hope we're getting something before Xmas.

In Civ 5 and 6 DLC was the first wave of content after launch of the base game and before the XP dropped

In Civ 5 and 6 DLC was the first wave of content after launch of the base game and before the XP dropped

Thanks, I thought the DLCs dropped between R&F and GS. Anyway, was there any indication of what's gonna drop before it did?

Thanks, I thought the DLCs dropped between R&F and GS. Anyway, was there any indication of what's gonna drop before it did?

For Civ VI, we anticipated correctly that they would follow the same pattern as Civ V and release the DLC in sequence when they released patches. We had a pretty good idea of when patches would release by watching SteamDB, which also indicated when DLCs were in the works.

Firaxis is not currently showing any DLC in the works on SteamDB, but there are ways for them to test things without it appearing on the website.

Firaxis is not currently showing any DLC in the works on SteamDB, but there are ways for them to test things without it appearing on the website.
You mean we hope/anticipate there are ways to test things like that :)
The same way we hope/anticipate a corkscrewlike shade in blurred picture is concept art of a new leader

corkscrewlike shade in blurred picture is concept art of a new leader

Every history buff knows Tzar Simeon of Bulgaria was notorious for being corkscrew-shaped. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom