1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[GS] Winter Update?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Aussie_Lurker, Sep 10, 2019.

1. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Actually, the Extra one doesn't have GS in it. Very peculiar.

It's the same components as the Gold Edition as far as I can tell.

WillowBrook and acluewithout like this.
  2. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

The fact that they haven't created a "Complete" edition leaves the door wide open for additional content, but there's no direct evidence of another expansion yet.

3. Kaan Boztepe

Kaan Boztepe Warlord

apart from that very weird spacing in the hall of fame you mean?

Meluhhan and Alexander's Hetaroi like this.
  4. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

And the absence of 4-5 series regular civs.

5. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Since Firaxis is a fan of Rock bands next up should be Platinum Edition adding Xpac 3 and then Diamond Edition for additional scenarios/maps/content.

You mean where there is enough room for 9 new leaders after Wilhelmina on the same line. :mischief:

6. WillowBrook

WillowBrook Lurker

Well, I'd put that in the category of indirect or circumstantial evidence, not direct evidence. :p

Vandlys and Deliverator like this.
  7. King Phaedron

King Phaedron Chieftain

I don't mean to be critical to the OP, Aussie Lurker, but I find all of his suggestions to be unneccesary or deeply disturbing.

(Make Walls provide Housing) They already do, use Monarchy and get your legacy from it. +1 housing per level of walls.

(Make cities require power or cause unhappiness) Absolutely not. Power, as it is implemented in the game, is pretty lame. The C02 pollution is too extreme in this game to bother with power unless you are using Nuclear Reactor or Hydro Dam. I don't even bother with power UNLESS I have very good Industrial Zone Adjacency for One Coal Plant between four cities. I won't even do Nuclear these days because I always forget to change the reactor, and I don't like having to worry about it constantly. And Oil is way too valuable to be used for plants. So Hydro dam or no power.

Power doesn't do anything aside from giving your Stock Exchange some extra gold, and some extra production. It isn't worth it the trouble of polluting the world and being hated for it. I tend to have a lot of units. Once I have promote a lot of Ironclads using Coal, I wind up with pollution without even having to build a single power plant. I mean come on, Jesus Krist.

Curiously, I am playing Norway right now, and every city that has a Harbor and Lighthouse for some reason generates 2 power from "Nautral renewable resources." I tried to find out what was giving me this power. It isn't a bonus to Norway or Harald, that's for sure.

The one thing I think needs critical attention in a future Patch is ARTIFACTS: I need them to stop spawning in land tiles I have reserved for Neighborhoods or other districts and therefore do not develop with builders. I don't build Theater Square in most of my games, so if an Artifact gets stuck on my land, that's it, the land is useless for the rest of my game, and if I wanted to build a neighborhood there, my city is ruined.

8. BTSeven7

BTSeven7 Chieftain

Are you suzerain of Cardiff?

CoconutTank and WillowBrook like this.
  9. Junky89

Junky89 Chieftain

Wish they would delete the "send aid" project.
    I never use it in my cities because I see it isn't worth putting the production yields inside.
    The Ai does using it very often in more than half of their cities. Saw it with top secret visibility on them.
    Problem is the outcome of the project.
    One send aid project costs 400 production yields and is worth 100 gold in the competition.
    If you do spend 1 Gold to the civilisation personally 1 gold is worth 1 gold.
    I learned that 1 production yield is normally worth 4 gold and not 0.25 gold.
    Therefore I think there are 2 solutions for this problem.
    Either they change the outcome of the project by multiplying with 16 to have a real alternative in comparison with donating gold or delete the project completely out.
    What do you mean about it?

10. Deliverator

Deliverator Graphical Hackificator

And the survey asking people what future content they would like for Civ VI.

11. TheyMadeMeDoThis

TheyMadeMeDoThis Chieftain

Ok, well, lools like im buying endless legends then! DLC worth it?

RohirrimElf likes this.
  12. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

I played a free trial of Endless Legend and don't think I got far enough to see the endless winter mechanic. It just didn't click as a game for me.

Weirdly, Endless Space 2 got me hooked pretty much instantly.

RohirrimElf likes this.
  13. NukeAJS

NukeAJS King

Or hedge somewhere in the middle where infantry require a fixed amount of oil to upgrade to but 0 oil per turn as upkeep. Just like how all iron/horse/niter units work.

14. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

I have the same. I have fifty hours in Endless Legend and still don't think I understand the mechanics they're going for. I must say I also find it difficult to have to translate the whole "dust" to gold, etc. It all feels quite alien to me, and I never know if I'm doing well or not. The same goes for Civ Beyond Earth btw. This tech web never gives me the feeling I'm ahead of the bell curve or not...

Regular Civ on the other hand is quite easy to get into. The fact that they have one button that guides you through the entire game is quite brilliant.

15. Smity2k1

Smity2k1 Warlord

I too very much enjoy endless space 2. Surprised it doesn't have a bigger following.

blackcatatonic likes this.
  16. Weraptor

Weraptor Prince

Speaking of Endless Legend winter, there is an interesting praying mechanic for upcoming selectable winter debuffs using a limited winter resource added in the Shifters DLC.

17. leandrombraz

leandrombraz Emperor

A Platinum Edition exists now, which include everything released so far. Not a complete edition, a platinum edition... Interesting :think:

Kjimmet, RohirrimElf and cvb like this.
  18. cvb

cvb Prince

whow,
    "Sid Meier’s Civilization VI: Platinum Edition is the perfect entry point for PC gamers who have yet to experience the addictive gameplay that has made Civilization one of the greatest game series of all time. The package includes Sid Meier's Civilization VI, six DLC packs as well as the Rise and Fall and Gathering Storm expansions."
    Any changes there in respect to the GS content???

I mean, until now the 2nd expansion was always bundled in the 'Complete Edition'. Would be a bit hollow to just rename that to 'Platinum Edition'.
    So I believe, finally there will be a 'Complete Edition' ... and "Extra" is extra content, fat DLC or expansion?!?

Btw, CivVI, 6 DLC packs as well as 6/2 expansions - Hexa!

HexaGameBattles (fair, hexagonal maps consisting of 3 or 6 absolute rotation symmetric sectors with so many players starting in the corners)

Last edited: Oct 5, 2019
  19. Alexander's Hetaroi

Alexander's Hetaroi Deity

Or as I said before they could call it "Diamond Edition" :mischief:
    But the good news is it is basically inevitable that more content is probably on the way and not just patches.

Kjimmet and RohirrimElf like this.
  20. RohirrimElf

RohirrimElf Emperor

I wish firaxis would talk more to its fanbase about what it is up to. All this speculation is Interesting. But watching every civ 6 filler on twitter go by a couple of times a week. Without any substance is killing me.

While paradox is pushing out pages and pages of content about the next big hre eu4 update. Every week for more then a year before its actual release. While we have to entertain ourselves with steam depot updates and codenames for expansions. I am so bored by the nonexisting Firaxis PR management. Just put out a monthly update at least. Put in some effort. Do a poll and ask the community what civ leader is missing for future content. Anything.

Elhoim likes this.