1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by JFD, Jun 15, 2015.

1. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Well, E&D's change to TSL and CP's latest version should provide some needed stability, as hopefully will Piety's next update. I'll come back to it, but it won't be for some time, as, as you highlighted zwei833, I have other priorities atm.

2. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Well, I started playing it at last, and it seems rather stable. I haven't made it far, but so far the only errors i have encountered are UI, TXT, City State Options, unit spawning, and map labels. I'm going to continue later, or would you prefer for us to wait for the Piety update as that will change a lot I imagine.

3. Hypereon

Hypereon He was a Consul of Rome!

Somehow in my attempt on ITRD with the P&S v.5 and all the newest versions of E&D, CP and EUI, the civilizations seem to load incorrectly - Bismarck leads Sicily, No Papal States but Rome, Napoleon's France and Catherine's Russia... :crazyeye: Zwei833, how exactly did you get this working?

Hmm, it seemed like MedievalWorldDeluxe_Civilizations.sql failed to load properly...

Okay, works now like a dream! :D

4. zwei833

zwei833 HRE Mercenary

The issue you met is due to the cache of the game, try to clear your cache.

5. siddhartha.om

siddhartha.om Chieftain

The front post says the BNW, G&K, and Denmark DLC are required.
    Also it asks for Peity and associated dependencies :undecide:
    So i guess this means Piety v.11 which you have created, and what are the "associated dependencies"?
    I would love to play this game as ITR is my favorite scenario and it appears you have made some exciting developments. But at the moment i cannot enable the mod.

I appreciate your time and this work is well worth the value.

Thank You, Siddhartha.

6. Andy0132

Andy0132 Warlord

Wait a moment, what do we do about Piety? You've made it into RtP. Wil ITR Deluxe have its own Piety stuff?

Hope you don't mind if I try to bring this back from the grave.

7. Ravellion

Ravellion Prince

I can't get it to work. It won't even start. I would love to try with the version of piety that was in place in January. Any chance of downloading a legacy version somewhere?

8. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

I don't have versions of Piety from before its technical overhaul. Unless someone else does and can post it so that I might keep a link around, I'll probably remove this download. I've simply no inclination to tackle this beast, as I'd need to build it from the ground up - which I neither have the time or patience for anymore. Same can be said of other scenarios - Conquest of the World Deluxe Deluxe, Fall of Rome Deluxe, and Scramble of Africa Deluxe. Fortunately, all art assets from ItRD will soon have been used.

9. Kesler

Kesler Master Kekkler

Here's a link to Piety and Sovereignty V5: https://www.dropbox.com/s/4nknt3ia5r8zo4t/JFD's Piety and Sovereignty (Piety) (v 5).zip?dl=0

Regardless if this helps or not, I implore you to leave this publicly available. Even if your interest has waned, and you share no more love for Scenarios, a lot of people do enjoy them, and perhaps somebody may take on the task themselves of trying to fix anything that may be wrong with the scenario. As it stands, I and several others have had success with the mod, and I think it's one of the best mods you've put together (Not to be outdone by RtP or CiD of course ;) )

10. Ravellion

Ravellion Prince

Sadly, I don't think it is Piety (see screenshot - I'd appreciate suggestions, though I understand if you don't want to put in any time). I'll see whether I can scratch up an older version of the CBP. I'll keep you informed if I can make this work that way. If not, I agree on keeping this online. Maybe someone else could use this mod as a jumping off point. I might even tweak it a bit, see whether I can make this work, if you don't mind. ItR is my favourite scenario and I do like playing scenarios to change up the pace a bit.

Attached Files:

11. SexyDexy

SexyDexy Chieftain

Is this going to be updated any time soon or is Civ 6 taking priority?

12. X_BriX

X_BriX Chieftain

Is it dead?

13. Andy0132

Andy0132 Warlord

Pretty much, yeah. Was bug-ridden for a long time, even before all of this. Probably best to let it die, unless you have the time and skill to resurrect this stuff.

14. JHLee

JHLee Prince

Well, is there any way to get the old version without the bugs?

15. CountvovnVodka

CountvovnVodka Chieftain

Anyone know where to get JFD's Piety and Prestige? I can't find it in the Steam Workshop.

16. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

unfortunately, the mod known as piety and prestige is no longer in existence. JFD has since released a new series of Gameplay altering mods, which could be found on the steam workshop

17. CountvovnVodka

CountvovnVodka Chieftain

But will this mod accept those? and work with them, or is it defunct too?

18. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

This mod is outdated