1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP][BNW]Into the Renaissance Deluxe

Discussion in 'Civ5 - Creation & Customization' started by JFD, Jun 15, 2015.

1. Natan35

Natan35 Mayor of St. Natansburg

But... The crusaders should deal with getting to the holy land first, no? Otherwise they get an unfair advantage.

(You'd be making the scenario inaccurate in order to make it accurate)

2. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Fixed that for you.

3. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

Well that was the issue I brought up earlier. If you play ITR as it is now none of the AI Western European Civs even try to get to the Holy Land. The Introduction says it's supposed to be about religious wars & crusading. The Byzantines and the Spanish are about the only 2 European civs that actually might get involved in some religious wars because they share common borders.

The AI is just too dumb and the unit placement system makes it even harder for the AI to move an army any further than 15 tiles unless it is through an empty map.

Remember there are no stack of dooms to automate movement so the AI has to navigate dozens of units through hilly/mountainous terrain around the mediterranean (where it will inevitably be blocked by many turns by neutral units and civilian units) and it just won't work. I've played enough of this game to understand the frustration & difficulty of moving an army across the map past neutral territory and I've got a brain which gives me one advantage on the AI :lol:
    Plus I know that the AI will not launch an attack on an AI unless it has that civ at a real disadvantage in military numbers. So currently it's basically impossible to get a civ like England or Austria to launch a 'crusade'.

If you want to at least prod the AI to launch a crusade (with a giant cattle prod I might add) the only option is to either place several crusader armies in the Levant outside cities like Jerusalem & Antioch or place those cities under initial Crusader control. Personally I favor the first option but I don't have the modding experience to say which would work best.

Also should Jerusalem even be a Citystate as its position I thought was jockeyed between whoever was in charge of the Caliphate at that time since the end of Byzantine control in the 7th century?

4. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

I sort-of answered that question in the last post of the previous page, you might have missed it. It's just a loose idea, but could work best in the circumstances we have.

5. Natan35

Idea: put the crusader units(embarked) in the Turkish coast, and place some more units between Byzantium and Konya(I assume Konya is on the map). That way, they will still have some distance to pass, but will be pretty close. Also, give civs a diplo penalty if they fight with the owner of the holy city of their religion. (If the turks fight with Byzantium, they should get a diploma penalty with Kievan rus.)

6. ConstantineVII

ConstantineVII Chieftain

Would you consider adding Genoa as a playable civ rather than a city state. The Genoese were vital merchants of the Mediterranean and were for the most part, the direct competitors of the Venetians during the Middle Ages. They held colonies throughout the Aegean and Black Seas. Not to mention their active military involvement during the Siege of Constantinople.

7. Zantonius Hamm

Zantonius Hamm Gay anime communist

The civ cap is already reached. No more will be added.

8. Natan35

But it can be exceeded. Some anime modder(well, sorry, you guys have long names, and I have bad memory for names) offered at solution back at JFD's thread.

9. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

He offered a solution to leaderscreens not appearing when exceeding the 22 civ limit, not a method of exceeding 22 civ limit itself. As JFD stated before, Into the Renaissance Deluxe will require Piety and Prestige to run, and that mod requires the Community Patch DLL to run. Which DLL doesn't allow more than 22 major playable civs.

10. spendabuck

spendabuck Chieftain

Tomatekh has just released some new religions based on Christian & Muslim heresies during the Middle Ages; any chance these could appear in the scenario like the Protestant Reformation?

11. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Oh, what a pleasant coincidence it is. :p

12. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

I know I was just answering Natan's remark about it being unfair for the Muslim civs :)

13. Natan35

Not unfair, inaccurate. Also, why does Mehmed control Konya(and the are that supposed to be sultanate of rum)? If anything, it should be a CS with powerful army that the crusaders have to pass through.

I also suggest allowing city states to declare war against civs who they are extremely angry(-30) with.

14. janboruta

janboruta Artistriarch

Crusader Kings II is your game then.

Next.

15. Tarmont

Tarmont Empress

Because the civilization is called "The Turks", not "Seljuks", "Rum" or "Ottomans", so it exists to represent every Turkish state in those regions. Also not sure what you're complaining about, Mehmed controlling Konya makes more sense that Mehmed controlling the Seljuk Empire. :p

16. Natan35

Says the guy who made Song.... In the thread of the Alt Leaders guy... Who's comment appears after the comment of the guy who has Prussia's leader as avatar.

Anyway.. Will the vandal music that I love very much did I mention that already and the fact that I like their leaderscreen very much did I mention it soundtracks be the same? Because I want Mehmed's music...

17. Redaxe

Redaxe Emperor

Well yes the scenario isn't going to be 100% accurate - how can it? None of the existing scenario's are particularly accurate either. Wonders of the Ancient World lets you advance to the Medieval Era without the appearance of the Roman Empire at all.....

Sometimes you sacrifice perfect historical accuracy for something to be fun. Personally I would really love to see a 2nd Bulgarian Empire civ https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Second_Bulgarian_Empire to the North of Constantinople (on the West coast of the Black Sea)
    This would put more pressure on Byzantium (which due to its easy defensive position can quite easily turtle & run away on Holy City Victory Points) but only so many civs will fit on the map so unfortunately we can't expect everything.

18. JFD

JFD Kathigitarkh

Same music as-... silly questions are silly.

Though new leaders get new moosic.

19. ModMonger

ModMonger Chieftain

Is there any time frame for the release of this mod at all?

20. Natan35

No... But when its half way done, it will be released.
    (Because JFD has supreme Commander 2 logic)