Resource icon

[WIP] Bonus Resources Expanded

Hammurabi1337

Chieftain
Hammurabi1337 submitted a new resource:

[WIP] Bonus Resources Expanded - [WIP] Bonus Resources Expanded

Do you find it odd that Wheat is the only Farm resource in the entire game?

I did, but I quickly found that the reason for this is that modding in new Farm resource textures was thought to be impossible. Until now.

With help from Leugi, I present to you my new project: Bonus Resources Expanded.

The mod currently adds two new bonus resources: Rice and Maize. They come complete with Farm textures that are dynamically generated as normal Farms...

Read more about this resource...

Last edited:
May I suggest that, within the SQL Defines, the initial Descriptions should be replaced with TXT_KEY? It might be that some other authors want to translate the Mod (not there's a lot to translate, but it will be more mod-friendly).

Btw, I've written a German Translation for the mod, so feel free to add it if you find it convenient.

Attachments

• German Translation (Bonus Resources Expanded).xml
    1.7 KB · Views: 241
Ah, probably a good idea. I'll go ahead and add these changes to the next version. Thanks for the translation.

glad to hear that! Keep up your good work. Hopefully you may expand resources in your next version. so far the mod is working fine in my game, it gives me more bonus to play on deity. I also would like to test the mod in case if you need it. Again, thanks for your reply. Looking forward to seeing the updates. : D

Mode introuvable. comment faire pour avoir ce mode.

Last edited:
Cool mod, look forward to next version! You might wanna try to incorporate Wonders associated with these new resources, like Banaue Rice Terraces by Pouakai (changing the effect then of course since rice not a luxury in your mod)... And perhaps you can link rice to marsh terrain, would that make sense?

Cool mod, look forward to next version! You might wanna try to incorporate Wonders associated with these new resources, like Banaue Rice Terraces by Pouakai (changing the effect then of course since rice not a luxury in your mod)... And perhaps you can link rice to marsh terrain, would that make sense?

I definitely want to make Rice more selective in where it spawns since a) it makes no sense on a desert hill, which can be next to a river and b) it's really strong. I might be nerfing both crops a bit, at least before associated buildings are built.

I definitely want to make Rice more selective in where it spawns since a) it makes no sense on a desert hill, which can be next to a river and b) it's really strong. I might be nerfing both crops a bit, at least before associated buildings are built.

Just a few ideas of sorts, but how about having Rice require either a) Grassland as well as river adjacency, or b) marshes? That way it would only appear on flat grasslands next to rivers, grassland hills next to rivers, or marshes(doesn't require rivers in this case). Or would that be too complicated to code?

Also, how about having Maize be boosted by Granaries like Wheat and Bananas, but have Rice be boosted by Aqueducts, to account for the fact that rice paddies mostly make use of heavy irrigation and flooding the fields.

It would also be nice if Incan Terrace Farms and Dutch Polders(only these two UIs, though) can be built atop Rice as long as it's on suitable terrain, as they somehow seem to thematically fit the resource.

Top Bottom