Resource icon

Cities in Development (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Organized crime triggers at 49% sum of two although 52% doesn't. (Terrorists at 27% of violence and 22% of sabotage but nothing at 29% of violence and 23% of sabotage.)
I'm playing with plenty of other mods, but I don't think they affect something to CiD feature. (Except VP version 11-17.)

Edit 1. It seems that organized crime triggers when dominant sum of two doesn't exceed 50%.
1-1. Sometimes it works properly. I must keep watching.

Edit 2. I don't know how crime works, but I guess crimes of each yields might be proportionally distributed by their yields' ratio of all yields in the beginning of the turn. If so, I think that crimes calculate yields from themselves, so their values oscillate every turn.

Last edited:
3.) If judging from recent last 2-3 VP versions, I can win DIPLO. Sometimes, you have to kill those cs hungy civs and not win via passive ways which we are used to.
5.) Snowballing is common on ALL games. Its just a matter of how you prevent and cope up.
6.) I think its mismanagement on your part. I rarely have my citizens killed.
3. The things is I had nothing against integrating CS's myself but somehow the AIs have no problems getting dignitaries to do so when I lack them most of the time. Are they getting free dignitaries on higher difficulty levels? If so then this is the reason of CS's being wiped away.
5. The problem here is the opposite of 3.: AIs cannot take advantage of that. Before Compass comes into play I easily control all of the CS's on my continent provided at least one of them is militaristic, then the biggest civs from across the ocean start sending Great Diplomats and we're back to problem no. 3.
6. I never got a citizen killed, what I meant was the plagues should occur less often but be more severe (i.e. kill citizens), right now they simply slow everyone down constantly. In the last session I was the only one who hit Renaissance Era in 1870, the rest was crippling in the Medieval Era.

Last edited:
CSD's diplomacy units can be purchased with Shackles. It's not only very awkward (Slave diplomat?), but also makes game broken. (All of your trade routes establish toward Enslaved city, you can ally with whole city-state.)

I haven't been able to really play games with this mod, but while trying to make some other stuff work I happened upon this error in the lua log file:

Spoiler :
Code:
[1459.515] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1461.562] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1461.984] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1462.156] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1462.328] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1463.656] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1463.828] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1464.046] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1464.250] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1464.453] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1464.687] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1465.031] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1465.500] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1466.078] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1467.734] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1468.781] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1470.281] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1471.140] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1471.921] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1471.921] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1471.953] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1471.953] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1472.921] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1473.609] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1474.000] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1474.171] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1474.343] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1478.562] TechTree: popupInfo.Data1: 0
[1478.562] TechTree: popupInfo.Data2: -1
[1478.562] TechTree: popupInfo.Data3: 0
[1478.640] TechTree: Invalid unit help
[1478.640] TechTree: GALLEY[NEWLINE]----------------[NEWLINE][ICON_PRODUCTION] Cost: 60[NEWLINE][ICON_MOVES] Moves: 3[NEWLINE][ICON_STRENGTH] Strength: 11
[1479.125] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\(1) Community Patch\Core Files\Core Values\TechHelpInclude.lua:471: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
[1490.531] TechPopup: stealingTechTargetPlayerID: -1
[1490.531] TechPopup: iValue: 0
[1490.546] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1490.546] TopPanel: GetIdeology working
[1491.703] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1492.468] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1492.625] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1492.781] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1493.015] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)
[1493.203] Runtime Error: C:\Users\Olritoim\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 54)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\ProductionPopup.lua:577: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'eraPriority' (a nil value)

While updating other mods I decided it's time to try this one as well, but I haven't been able to choose production when founding my first city. I have a feeling this error comes when I press the "choose production" button, since it appears chronologically at the same frequencies as I'm pressing the button. To state a few things: I am using latest VP, and I am not using EUI. I do have a bunch of other mods enabled, but they are the same mods that used to work before updating and starting with this mod. Could this be a simple mod conflict?

EDIT: Nay, I'm sure this error comes when pressing the choose production button. Upon closer look I noticed it actually has to do with something called ProductionPopup.. Stupid me.

EDIT2: Allright well the line the error refers to is such:

Code:
                return eraPriority + 2000;

and the context is

Code:
    function GetUnitSortPriority(unitInfo)
        local eraPriority = 0;
        if(unitInfo.PrereqTech ~= nil) then
            eraPriority = erasByTech[unitInfo.PrereqTech];
        end

if(unitInfo.CivilianAttackPriority ~= nil) then
            if(unitInfo.Domain == "DOMAIN_LAND") then
                return eraPriority;
            else
                return eraPriority + 1000;
            end
        else
            if(unitInfo.Domain == "DOMAIN_LAND") then
                return eraPriority + 2000;
            else
                return eraPriority + 3000;
            end
        end 
    end

It seems like it has something to do with techs actually, am I right to end with that conclusion? I have had another problem in addition to not being able to choose productions: Opening the tech tree takes around 2 seconds. I mean it does open up eventually, but there's a very noticeable delay between the initial push of the button and the popup opening.

I'm guessing that is caused by the galley error also visible in the lua log bit I pasted above, and the runtime error with CP that is likely associated with it. Between the "choose production" button presses I opened the tech tree, which can be seen in the lua log as well. I'm now starting to think those two are somehow related, since before the line that gives the error in the CiD file, there's erasByTech mentioned, as well as PrereqTech. Not sure what eraPriority is in the first place, and I have no clue about any of this coding stuff, so I might be completely wrong with this conclusion. But maybe someone would be able to help me with this, based on this?

EDIT:

Okay so I did a bunch of testing around and I'm 100% confident it was a mere mod conflict, and that I've again wasted a bunch of space in the thread, along with some time for anyone who's read through this post. Sorry 'bout that.

Last edited:
Could someone help me yet again?

I went and read through a lot of gametext files to understand how the different namings work with both CiD and RtP. I now realized that you can attach a unique name for a bunch of theocracy province levels, Catholicism, Orthodoxy and Protestantism. As it stands, I can't really go into the game and visually see what the theocracy looks like and what it involves, and this reading process is quite slow, so I thought I'd hop in here and try if someone already has an answer to this.

When choosing theocracy, are those three some sort of options, or merely different legislatures? I'm thinking I'll go all the way and add unique names for all the possible forms of government and legislatures, and that involves renaming provinces in all of those levels. Monarchy, republic and now theocracy are well represented in the gametext files, but I'm yet to find the dictatorship-specific province naming examples. Am I right to assume that I can just use the same pattern for the three levels, and basically just make use of the barony/county/duchy format on the others and replace *governmenttype* with dictatorship?

Also I found something that some of the vanilla civs/culturetypes use; TXT_KEY_PROVINCE_JFD_MARCH_*

I checked the JFD_Provinces table and there was no march there, although the rest were, including capital. I'm now wondering if I should also apply the renaming to marches, or is that a thing yet/at all? Could it be a culture/civ specific thing that I don't need to worry about? England and Central made use of that and had namestrings for them in the gametext file in the province component's core.

There are no Dictatorship specific Province titles, but you could add them following the same logic as the others, yes. And Theocracy ones go by religion, yea.

A March is specific to the Fort Colonies made from Colonies. You'll see that in the Provinces table, the Colony province has DescriptionAlt. They are probably rare, but functional, as are their unique titles.

What would the UseAdjective do in this context? I'm guessing it uses the adjective version of something already known since we don't need to specify that version for these strings, but what would it be in that case? The civilization's name? Are the provinces named like French County or County of France? How would this work for the province ruler? Would it be Duke of France or French Duke ? I'm implying the adjective refers to the civ name, but I can't think of anything else it knows the adjective version of. Am I on the right track here? It really shows that I haven't been able to see this in-game a single time.

Either way, I also don't really know what a province leader is, and in which context we would see this string. Damn, I really should try to forget all the other mods and the quest to make them work together and just simply try these mods alone just to see what's what when I'm doing all these things.

Actually it's just now dawning on me that I can't really make any unique provinces titles to dictatorship or theocracy as is, can I?

They both require the DefaultTitle (assumably to know what to replace(?)), but as you said, there aren't ones. So in practice I'd actually just be making those DefaultTitles out of thin air, so to say, and it wouldn't really have an effect, would it? Or can all the massive amounts of code you've amazingly made to run the show understand to check for them in the case they actually are there, but with current setup just falls back to the basic *_DESC ending ones because... well, they aren't there?

If I'm indeed correct assuming the above, I would be open to doing the laborous, tedious task of doing all these defaulttitles in the xml file and writing the tiresome sql stuff into ready-to-copy-paste state, if you'd be open to expanding the customizability like so. That is, if I'm at all in the right track in the above assumption. I lack the general understanding to the extent that I'm having a hard time believing that my assumptions are often right. I'm also probably simplifying the process in my mind thinking that merely adding the xml entries and updating the sql file would be enough to extend the range of customization support?

Very likely that I'm also just not seeing something that actually makes it work by just making the defaulttitles from the thin air. If that's the case, then I'm definitely going to take a break and not waste anyone's time for a while :D

EDIT: Oh well, I'll just add the support for those anyway in case the system can fetch them, and even if it can't, they are there in case at some point it can. It's not like it's gonna break anything if they are there, and I have time to spare.

Last edited:
It can be exploited that buildings added by CBO or other mods can be purchased with no magistrate cost in colonies. I think there must be a default value to it.
Is it right that Terrorists ('Sabotage' + Violence) decrease 'Tourism' and Food? Because help text says so.

Last edited:
I got a CTD. There are some lua runtime error with your mods.
(I'm using EUI, but I disabled all lua or xml or sql of EUI which have same name with what you've modified, so I don't think it causes CTD.)

Attachments

• Report.7z
    10 KB · Views: 38
Last edited:
I'm not if this is the correct place to post this, but in the lua log i noticed a lot of errors connected to ShowInEnemyUnitPanel, which is located in CiD's folder. Game crashes on turn 1 right after i press Next turn.
  • i have the latest Community Patch version
  • not using EUI anymore
  • as for the mods i use they are quite a lot (have renamed some of them for the sake of my sanity)

Attachments

• Logs.7z
    69.6 KB · Views: 52
  • Mods.7z
    238.1 KB · Views: 37
I'm not if this is the correct place to post this, but in the lua log i noticed a lot of errors connected to ShowInEnemyUnitPanel, which is located in CiD's folder. Game crashes on turn 1 right after i press Next turn.
  • i have the latest Community Patch version
  • not using EUI anymore
  • as for the mods i use they are quite a lot (have renamed some of them for the sake of my sanity)

Your Lua log looks weird. I dunno why.

Anyway, is the UnitPanel by any chance not showing in-game? Parkes' Australia overwrites the UnitPanel file (for some reason; really dun know why) and so will be incompatible with any other mod that replaces it - EUI or CID, for example.

Dunno about the CTD; then again, you've got many mods enabled, so there's countless things that could go wrong. Try disabling a few, especially old ones or CL ones.

Is there no way to download latest EUI Comp files for this and RtP mod? Even though they aren't compatible with latest CiD and RtP, I really want those files to modify by myself...

JFD updated [WIP] Cities in Development with a new update entry:

Update to v55

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2KfUlRX1owlUmx3YWhubWRJbjg/view?usp=sharing

• Added new Development icons with much thanks to King Sukritact.
  • Various lua fixes.
  • Corrected several issues with Organized Crimes stating the incorrect yield that they reduced (Terrorists, Smugglers, and Anarchists fixed).
  • Fixed an issue whereby unmet City-State allies would be revealed on the city banner.
  • Added some CBO support for the Doctor specialist and Great Doctor.
  • "New",...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom