1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] [CIV6MOD] Hamtasy Civ (playable)

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Creation & Customization' started by Chinese American, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Chinese American

Chinese American Hamtastic Knight

HAMTASY CIV for Civ 6

Civ: Hamtasy
    Leader: Han Seungyeon
    Victory: Cultural
    Colors: Pink and Green
    Civ Ability: "Successful Beauty" : Each city receives +1 Production, Gold and Culture for each specialty district it constructs.
    Civ Unit: Hamtastic Knight : Hamtastic unique Medieval era unit that replaces the Knight. +10 Combat Strength when adjacent to another Hamtastic Knight.
    Civ Building: Concert Hall : +100% Tourism pressure from this city towards other civilizations in the Modern era.
    Leader Ability: "Hamtastic Idol" : Each city receives +10 Tourism and +2 Gold for each Theater and Entertainment Complex district. Bonus resources provide +4 Amenities.
    Leader Agenda: "Bushido" : Same as Hojo.

you can download from Google Drive

i wanted to upload to this site, but they don't have Civ 6 section up yet.

it's still very much a work in progress. there's no new art or sound, obviously. (there are some ArtDef files, but i don't think they work at all.) finally got game text to show up, but for some reason it gets mangled when you load a game from within a game.

i just completed the unique unit's ability. the process is very complicated. i had to settle for copying the hoplite ability, but not exactly what i wanted. maybe later i'll mess with it again.

there is still a lot to do with the leader and civ traits and agendas which i haven't started on. that'll be another long process. agendas would be the hardest to test.

testing is very tedious because you have to restart the game application for every change.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2016
  2. Chinese American

updated:

Civ Ability: "Successful Beauty" : Each city receives +1 Production, Gold and Culture for each specialty district it constructs.

3. The Kings Raven

The Kings Raven Chieftain

I was looking through this mod to learn from it and I noticed this line in Hamtasy_Modifiers.xml:

<EffectType>EFFECT_DIPLOMACY_AGENDA_HALLYU_IDOL</EffectType>

May I ask what this line does? I can't find it in any other files.

4. Chinese American

placeholder for the non-existent agenda. but probably does nothing, so i'll remove it later.

finished leader ability and building. so this is ready to be played. agenda is bushido from Hojo.

5. The Kings Raven

Thank you.

I'll continue my search for figuring out what Effects are and how they work.

6. Chinese American

There is a long list of effects, so lots of possibilities. However, you can't create new effects because they are tied to the DLL. So some stuff aren't possible.

7. The Kings Raven

I was afraid of that. (I wanted to create a building that gave great people points based on adjacency - e.g. great merchant points if it was adjacent to a commercial hub - but I couldn't find an effect for that)

8. Chinese American