Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

I don't know if you need more music for these groups...but i remembered some other soundtrack that could be useful.

Classical Group
Warriors of Troy soundtrack

Oriental (or European culture groups since they generally sound Western more than Oriental)
Nobunaga's Ambition Soundtrack
Romance of the Three Kingdoms XIII

JFD updated [WIP] Cultural Diversity with a new update entry:

Update to v13

Download (Core) | Download (Soundtrack)

• Added new groups: East Indies, Himalayan, Iranian, Woodlands, and Pacific. Re-named Tribal American to Great Plains and Sahul to Aboriginal. Modded civs that should go into these groups *should* be updated...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Thank you muchly to everyone that helped compile this update, especially Sir Kesler, sss64sss, and Scizor. We're now on track to release Sovereignty in a few days; I think this will come before an ExCE update. ExCE is (once again) the source of a difficult to trace CTD. With Sov's release, I'll detail my plans for the future viz. Civ 5 modding.

And now my dilemma, do I continue my Civ 6 game or dive back into Civ 5......

No, this is a mistake. I have absolutely no idea what happened, but most of the Himalayan tracks have been deleted. I'll have to redownload them and re-upload :/ I'll re-upload the Himalayan set separately too. Not sure when, however.

I will say, you made me make a very hard choice in having the Himalayans get Bharata's old bonus. I understand how holy the mountains are, but it just feels so weird that the area that spawned four religions doesn't have anything holy. I guess incense is holyish, but I've customized my starting bonuses so only the East Indies start with a luxury. I guess Bharata'll have to do with iron since South Asia was one of the earliest iron-working areas.

Pointless mumbling, but super great update. Playing American civs will probably feel a lot different now with the new starting bonuses and soundtracks. But dat East Indies soundtrack. You're hitting my gamelan weak point.

If you really wanted to be finicky with the bonuses, you could make Bharata's to do with faith (representing their high output of various religions) and Himalayan to do with piety (representing their integration of their faith into their state and daily life to a massive degree). But in the end all of the bonuses are more game-y and flavourful than historically accurate, and that's fine.

Also, +1 for the gamelan.

Okay, so I internalize all mod support for civilizations, and it looks like something's changed in the general civilizations sql since everything's defaulting to colonial except the vanilla 43 civilizations (even city-states). Where's the minor goof that destroys everything? Was I wrong in assuming the inserting civilizations works the same in this update (since I filled out both the Type and NEW.Type like prior updates had)?

Attachments

• Help.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
Need a semi-colon at the end of here:

INSERT INTO Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes
(CivilizationType, CultureType, SplashScreenTag, SoundtrackTag)
SELECT Type, 'CULTURE_JFD_COLONIAL', 'JFD_Colonial', 'JFD_Colonial'
FROM Civilizations WHERE Type IN ('CIVILIZATION_BOER', 'CIVILIZATION_BUCCANEER', 'CIVILIZATION_CL_AUSTRALIA', 'CIVILIZATION_CL_WWIIAUS', 'CIVILIZATION_COLONIALCANADA', 'CIVILIZATION_CSA', 'CIVILIZATION_JFD_AMERICA_LINCOLN', 'CIVILIZATION_JFD_AMERICA_ROOSEVELT', 'CIVILIZATION_JFD_NEW_ZEALAND', 'CIVILIZATION_JFD_USA_TEDDY_ROOSEVELT', 'CIVILIZATION_MC_NEW_ZEALAND', 'CIVILIZATION_PIRATE', 'CIVILIZATION_RHODESIA', 'CIVILIZATION_TEXAS', 'CIVILIZATION_UC_POLK_AMERICA')

And I've seen a missed NEW.Type part that was probably causing further problems at this point. The double post is because I noticed that Ethiopia is set to Western for some reason.

Okay, I was going to see if things were working for modded civs (because I noticed some city-states and civs that should not be colonial were being colonial), but now I have a problem where the game just hangs on the mod loading screen. I noticed it had been like an hour and still nothing. That's way longer than it should be... I think I messed something up. I did go into mods that changed city-state culture types and updated the culture tags there, since those are the only thing not internalized. If that would cause a problem somehow... I don't know. I'm just tired and frustrated at this point.

Attachments

• HelpAgain.zip
    12.7 KB · Views: 117
Starting with Mesopotamic civs doesn't seem to give me the extra pop.

Yeap, weird. Thanks.

Okay, I was going to see if things were working for modded civs (because I noticed some city-states and civs that should not be colonial were being colonial), but now I have a problem where the game just hangs on the mod loading screen. I noticed it had been like an hour and still nothing. That's way longer than it should be... I think I messed something up. I did go into mods that changed city-state culture types and updated the culture tags there, since those are the only thing not internalized. If that would cause a problem somehow... I don't know. I'm just tired and frustrated at this point.

Sounds like either an infinite load caused by two mods referencing CulDiv (check CulDiv's modinfo file and make sure the references there don't themselves reference CulDiv), or a trigger is breaking, for which I need your database log.

Top Bottom