Resource icon

Cultural Diversity

Mainly all cultures and all eras thought my game does crash at random moment and usually it happens during the medevil-renaissance point

Well given the fact that I've just finished a game which has had no issues with splash screens your vagueness is only making me dismiss this as an anomaly; if you specify which Cultures and which Eras you are having issues with then it might be possible to find the source of the issue by looking at the image for the specified criteria. Otherwise, no-one's going to do anything about this because it isn't worth the effort of trying ~22 * ~7 images and seeing if they work.

Well given the fact that I've just finished a game which has had no issues with splash screens your vagueness is only making me dismiss this as an anomaly; if you specify which Cultures and which Eras you are having issues with then it might be possible to find the source of the issue by looking at the image for the specified criteria. Otherwise, no-one's going to do anything about this because it isn't worth the effort of trying ~22 * ~7 images and seeing if they work.
I'm sorry but I've said what i've seen and that i just get the vanilla splash screens, most of the cultures i've played as are oriental, americas and classical

What other mods are you using? Might be something is interfering with the splash screens there.
Mainly the community patch, a few custom civs, really advanced setup, religons, unique culture influence, civ 4 traits, Rise to power, cities in development, and exploration continued expanded

Hello there. I am currently playing a game as Carol I of Romania, using a Romanian mod by More Civilisations and there are two problems that I'm encountering at the moment. One, this civilisation is grouped under Colonial for some reason when it should be under the Eastern group. While I'm actually fine with this, what can I do to actually place this civilisation in the right group? Two, the splash screens are not appearing at the moment, instead coming up with an error message and a red screen every time I advance to the next era. What can I do about this without abandoning my game? I am using the mods below.

Hello there. I am currently playing a game as Carol I of Romania, using a Romanian mod by More Civilisations and there are two problems that I'm encountering at the moment. One, this civilisation is grouped under Colonial for some reason when it should be under the Eastern group. While I'm actually fine with this, what can I do to actually place this civilisation in the right group? Two, the splash screens are not appearing at the moment, instead coming up with an error message and a red screen every time I advance to the next era. What can I do about this without abandoning my game? I am using the mods below.

CultureType issue will probably be because of a conflict with another mod which has altered Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes in some way, or has otherwise caused an error; ofc alternatively Pookie just broke something in Romania's Mod Support which is leading to the CulDiv support never being run...

Splashscreens are probs linked to this, but it should help regardless if you specify the names of the files it can't load since this should explain what is missing (or rather, what it's trying to find...).

Tl;dr Database and Stopwatch logs.

CultureType issue will probably be because of a conflict with another mod which has altered Civilization_JFD_CultureTypes in some way, or has otherwise caused an error; ofc alternatively Pookie just broke something in Romania's Mod Support which is leading to the CulDiv support never being run...

Splashscreens are probs linked to this, but it should help regardless if you specify the names of the files it can't load since this should explain what is missing (or rather, what it's trying to find...).

Tl;dr Database and Stopwatch logs.
Thank you for your reply, Chrisy15. I have since deduced through trial and error the offending mod, a Cherokee civilisation mod that appears to not be among the Cultural Diversity compatible civ mods. I have since removed it and the new splash screens and voices have made their appearance. However, possibly because I forcefully launched my game without the offending mod, there appear to be problems with the soundtrack, or rather, the lack of it. I'll start a new game with the Cultural Diversity soundtracks installed to see if this is a one-game problem or something else.

Thank you for your reply, Chrisy15. I have since deduced through trial and error the offending mod, a Cherokee civilisation mod that appears to not be among the Cultural Diversity compatible civ mods. I have since removed it and the new splash screens and voices have made their appearance. However, possibly because I forcefully launched my game without the offending mod, there appear to be problems with the soundtrack, or rather, the lack of it. I'll start a new game with the Cultural Diversity soundtracks installed to see if this is a one-game problem or something else.

If you aren't using the separate Soundtrack mod, there's a user setting inside CulDiv that you need to disable to avoid soundtracks being removed as you've experienced. So either download the CulDiv soundtrack, or flick the user setting.

If you aren't using the separate Soundtrack mod, there's a user setting inside CulDiv that you need to disable to avoid soundtracks being removed as you've experienced. So either download the CulDiv soundtrack, or flick the user setting.
Well, I have since downloaded the Soundtrack files, placed the three .zip files in the MODS folder and unpacked the first file. The soundtrack isn't playing unfortunately.

Mesopotamian bonus does not seem to work, not getting extra pop (nor any additional wheat). Playing with VP

Hey guys does it work if I only download the core files and not the soundtrack? What do I miss out on?

Hey guys does it work if I only download the core files and not the soundtrack? What do I miss out on?

The only thing you'll miss out on is new music: just make sure to flip the user setting to 0 in CulDiv's UserSettings file to avoid losing vanilla music without CulDiv music to replace it.

I have another question. Does this and also JFD other mods work well with vox populi?

I have another question. Does this and also JFD other mods work well with vox populi?

They're designed to be compatible, but not necessarily balanced.

I have tried to use Cultural Diversity with the Louis XIV civ by JFD and Janburota as well as Exploration expanded, Rise to Power and Cities in development, when i start the game it says that my civ is a Colonial one instead of a western one. I also remember this happening with Stalin but only Cultural diversity on. I was wondering if it's just because the mod is still in development or is it because i've translated the text part of the mods and it may have affected the mod as a whole.

I have tried to use Cultural Diversity with the Louis XIV civ by JFD and Janburota as well as Exploration expanded, Rise to Power and Cities in development, when i start the game it says that my civ is a Colonial one instead of a western one. I also remember this happening with Stalin but only Cultural diversity on. I was wondering if it's just because the mod is still in development or is it because i've translated the text part of the mods and it may have affected the mod as a whole.

Some kind of database error, altho very bizarre since iirc Louis uses base France. Try cutting down mods, especially potentially outdated Civs.

Top Bottom