Events Compendium (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am having an issue with installing this. I download it and add it to my MODS folder, start the game, and go to mods menu. It starts to install, but then the game crashes..

My Mods:
Community Patch (all)
JFD's Cities in Development, Rise to Power, Cultural Diversity, and Exploration Continued Expnaded
YAEMP v24

Edit: I extracted the files from the download and create a folder for them and then placed it in the MODS folder. Is this ok?

Last edited:
I am having an issue with installing this. I download it and add it to my MODS folder, start the game, and go to mods menu. It starts to install, but then the game crashes..

My Mods:
Community Patch (all)
JFD's Cities in Development, Rise to Power, Cultural Diversity, and Exploration Continued Expnaded
YAEMP v24

Edit: I extracted the files from the download and create a folder for them and then placed it in the MODS folder. Is this ok?
Yup, that's fine and was what I was gonna suggest to do; all Civ5mod files are are renamed zips, and all civ does is unzip them itself.

I'm hearing this "Grrrrrr" every 5 or so turns. Is this how it should work?
Is this while the game is processing other players' turns? I believe that is a sound effect that is part of the vanilla game. I have heard many different sounds, one sounds like si.

i haven't played civ 5 in a while, do i need this one or Sukritact's events & decision?

i haven't played civ 5 in a while, do i need this one or Sukritact's events & decision?

You don't "need" either; it's a choice.

Suk's E&D is the only one with Decisions, and so I'd always recommend using it; however, his events are notoriously unstable and so in my experience it's easier to disable them and use the CP events system instead (since I'm always playing with the core CP bc JFDDLC). This mod simply adds more events to the CP's events system, and requires at least CID and RTP as well (because it adds events based on mechanics introduced in those mods).

Do we run this mod in conjunction with the CBP events mod as well? I tried to run this mod with Sukritact's Events and Decisions mod and I kept crashing at the Mod screen. Scrolling through the mod list I noticed there was a CBP events mod as well so I'm thinking maybe we can't run these two event mods at the same time?

I think there is a specific E&D for CBO yeah, in which case use that instead. EC should work fine with either. Not sure though, since the version I am developing is quite different from the public one here.

I think there is a specific E&D for CBO yeah, in which case use that instead. EC should work fine with either. Not sure though, since the version I am developing is quite different from the public one here.

Rise to power blocks the CBO events and decisions, though. Is this intentional?

A question for JFD:

JFDLC seems to come with a version 5 of the Events Compendium. However, it is dependent on activating the RTP mod. Is there a v5 that is not dependent on RTP mod?

I ask because I brought in EC v4 to use when I'm not activating RTP. I ran into an error where an event choice button wouldn't bring up a dialog or go away when clicked. The lua.log contains the following bit that I think is the problem:

[68259.765] EventChoicePopupCity: Displaying Event Selection Popup
[68259.765] EventChoicePopupCity: Getting choice list for city event
[68259.765] EventChoicePopupCity: Found our city event 70
[68259.765] Runtime Error: Sound cannot be found

I thought it might be already fixed in v5.

Edited to add log files. Not using CBP, EUI, or Health & Plague.

Attachments

• Database.log.txt
    184.5 KB · Views: 97
  • Lua.log.txt
    812.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
A question for JFD:

JFDLC seems to come with a version 5 of the Events Compendium. However, it is dependent on activating the RTP mod. Is there a v5 that is not dependent on RTP mod?

I ask because I brought in EC v4 to use when I'm not activating RTP. I ran into an error where an event choice button wouldn't bring up a dialog or go away when clicked. The lua.log contains the following bit that I think is the problem:

I thought it might be already fixed in v5.

The Events Compendium is designed to be used with JFDDLC, because many of the Events it adds use JFDDLC components. If you use it without, then you'll run into various issues worse than that :p

The Events Compendium is designed to be used with JFDDLC, because many of the Events it adds use JFDDLC components. If you use it without, then you'll run into various issues worse than that :p

I am using JFDLC, I am just interested in sometimes deactivating RTP but still using EC, as I'm having some issues with RTP.

Should this topic not be locked since it is now part of JFDLC?

I guess it remains open because it's still a different mod, unlike CID and ExCE which are now part of RtP's actual Mod project.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom