Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
Is it possible to use the original scout art for scout and great scout? so it doesnt look like a renaissance units in antiquity
Also, i tried to check for the name of the promotion that gives xp for explored tiles, so i could add it to my Javelineer unit from my mod ( Overpowered ! )
The Javelineer gets the Upgrades to great Scout after 5 level and Mountain crossing and ice from ignore terrain cost, but it doesnt get Reconnaissance ( Xp gain from discovering tiles )
I though it was : PROMOTION_JFD_RECON_XP
I added it to my unit and load my mod after this one but the promotion wasnt ther.
i would like to make it Great scout at level 8 or 10 unstead of 5.
And if possible keep my javelineer art for the great scout.
I am probably asking to much and you probably dont care anyway
So have a good day
Thanks for the great mod btw

Hi great mods! I have a couple of questions about tribes, that I couldn't find the answers to in the wiki. Is the only way to "unlock" and be able to improve tiles in tribal territory to annex them? A consulate wont allow me to do this? Second, if I build a consulate, and then annex the tribe, will I lose the bonus the tribe provided?

Hi great mods! I have a couple of questions about tribes, that I couldn't find the answers to in the wiki. Is the only way to "unlock" and be able to improve tiles in tribal territory to annex them? A consulate wont allow me to do this? Second, if I build a consulate, and then annex the tribe, will I lose the bonus the tribe provided?
The former: maybe. The latter: absolutely sure.

Former: yes. The point is to make you decide which you want more: bonuses from the consulate, or to get a Great Recon and fight some barbs to improve the land yourself.

Hello
Is it possible to use the original scout art for scout and great scout? so it doesnt look like a renaissance units in antiquity
Also, i tried to check for the name of the promotion that gives xp for explored tiles, so i could add it to my Javelineer unit from my mod ( Overpowered ! )
The Javelineer gets the Upgrades to great Scout after 5 level and Mountain crossing and ice from ignore terrain cost, but it doesnt get Reconnaissance ( Xp gain from discovering tiles )
I though it was : PROMOTION_JFD_RECON_XP
I added it to my unit and load my mod after this one but the promotion wasnt ther.
i would like to make it Great scout at level 8 or 10 unstead of 5.
And if possible keep my javelineer art for the great scout.
I am probably asking to much and you probably dont care anyway
So have a good day
Thanks for the great mod btw

The Scout and Great Scout use the original Scout icon; it's not until the Explorer that you get a renaissance era icon. Unless you're referring to the unit flag, where the flag was chosen to create a consistent differentiation between normal and great recon units.
As for your issue with the recon promotion, are you having any database errors that might be causing the promotion to not be given?

I think there's a UserSetting to control the level for upgrade; if not, then you should be able to just scour the Lua file for it.

i was talking about the unit itself, the icon is ok.
I just gave up trying to make things fit, i am passing to much time searching and trying and not playing.
The only mod i made was all copy and paste and editing some value. i havent write any code line realy. I did a lot of research tho and looked a few tutorials. the point is, Lua is like chinese for me
But now i just want to play so i might jusr go back to my older build for civ, wich had 130 mods but was working fine.
well in fact it CTD around 200-300 turns. but i think it is maybe the revolution mod spawning to much city states.
I will retry it again but post the logs this time to request help.
Anyway thanks for the reply and have a good day

Hello, I'm thinking of installing this mod. Currently I am heavily invested on the latest vox populi.
And I'm just a bit curious on what would my Civ V's vox populi would gain or loose from installing this mod.
The reason for this is because I'm very interested in the resources that this mod adds (http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Resources) or is there a way to install this mod and only get the resources?
Thanks in advance and I hope I don't sound rude that I'm mainly interested in the more resources aspect of this mod.

Hello, I'm thinking of installing this mod. Currently I am heavily invested on the latest vox populi.
And I'm just a bit curious on what would my Civ V's vox populi would gain or loose from installing this mod.
The reason for this is because I'm very interested in the resources that this mod adds (http://civ-5-cbp.wikia.com/wiki/Resources) or is there a way to install this mod and only get the resources?
Thanks in advance and I hope I don't sound rude that I'm mainly interested in the more resources aspect of this mod.
You can simply modify Usersetting.sql in the mod's folder. Some typo for VP mod compatibility is outdated though.

I'm honestly not really that good into coding stuff, but is what I did good enough?
If it works like what you intended, then it would be okay. So, I'll just say whether you want or not.

VALUES ('JFD_EXCE_COMMUNITY_BALANCE_PATCH', 0), -- Community Balance Patch (automatically disables Policy changes)

Changing this value to 1 will also turn some typo into VP compatible ones. CBP is old name of CBO which is one of components of VP. (Warning. Outdated.)

('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_BELIEFS_ADDITIONS', 1), -- Adds new Beliefs to support the new Resources.
('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_BELIEFS_CHANGES_SUN_GOD', 1), -- Sun God grants +1 Food to Ginger.
('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_WONDER_ADDITIONS_BELEM_TOWER', 1); -- Adds the Belem Tower wonder.

These won't fit well with other VP's stuff balance-wisely. But it depends on your preference.

('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_BUILDING_CHANGES_FACTORY', 1), -- +1 Production on Sulphur and Rubber.

('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_BUILDING_CHANGES_GRANARY', 1), -- +1 Food on Bison.
('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_CIVILIZATION_CHANGES_INCA', 1), -- Inca may found Cities on Mountains.

First one simply doesn't work with VP. Others are already in VP so you don't need them.

-------------
/*
RECON XP SETTINGS
-------------
*/
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 20 WHERE Name = 'BALANCE_SCOUT_XP_RANDOM_VALUE'; -- Chance for a Recon Unit to gain XP from exploring, each tile.
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 100 WHERE Name = 'BALANCE_SCOUT_XP_MAXIMUM'; -- Max. XP a Recon Unit can gain from exploring.
UPDATE Defines SET Value = 10 WHERE Name = 'BALANCE_SCOUT_XP_NATURAL_WONDER'; -- XP gained from discovering a Natural Wonder.

These are already in VP with different values. So, you can simply delete these values for balance what G intended.

Does anyone know where the code for the Great Admiral's Voyage of Discovery is? I can't seem to find it. I wanted to copy it for a Great Merchant in a custom Civ.

Does anyone know where the code for the Great Admiral's Voyage of Discovery is? I can't seem to find it. I wanted to copy it for a Great Merchant in a custom Civ.

It's from the Community Patch; it'll be a column in Units added by it which you use to give it.

Hi
I've recently modded my civ5 and installed following mods:
EE
ExCE
CBP/CBO
RtP
Cultural Div
The issue is it's ancient era and all Civ's and barb's are running with adventurer's. It's kinda annoying as they are fairly strong eliminating early pathfinders... Is there some solution for this problem?

Regards,
Ryland

Hi, I'm a relatively new player. I've been using the community balance patch along with a slew of other mods for a while now with no issue, recently, however, one of my saves would run into a routine crash I've tried to troubleshoot myself buy I'm rather incompetent in that regard. Backed against a wall I wanted to know if I could reach out here for help or know anywhere where one like me can request general modding help. Thanks.

Hi, I'm a relatively new player. I've been using the community balance patch along with a slew of other mods for a while now with no issue, recently, however, one of my saves would run into a routine crash I've tried to troubleshoot myself buy I'm rather incompetent in that regard. Backed against a wall I wanted to know if I could reach out here for help or know anywhere where one like me can request general modding help. Thanks.

CTDs are notoriously hard to track down; general modding help ain't gonna cut it. ExCE is also quite notoriously prone to issues, so I can't say this is surprising :p

Can you describe what's going on when the crash happens? Can you use IGE to look at what other civs are doing at the time too? Logs probably won't show anything, but it won't hurt to post them.

Well, I'm not sure what's causing the crash because there's a lot going on in the game, however, it does happen right at the end of the last Civ's turn, Portugal, and the beginning of the city-state/nation-state turn. I'll try to look more closely with IGE to see if I can see any suspicious activity that the civ might do to cause the crash.

Edit: I copied the content of the log folder to word docs because I couldn't upload them directly.

Attachments

• Database.docx
    18.2 KB · Views: 69
  • xml.docx
    27.2 KB · Views: 73
  • Lua.docx
    25 KB · Views: 112
Well, I'm not sure what's causing the crash because there's a lot going on in the game, however, it does happen right at the end of the last Civ's turn, Portugal, and the beginning of the city-state/nation-state turn. I'll try to look more closely with IGE to see if I can see any suspicious activity that the civ might do to cause the crash.

Edit: I copied the content of the log folder to word docs because I couldn't upload them directly.

Unfortunately it's the IGE look that'll have the most chance of helping; what's being finished, what's being researched, any city captures, etc.

Unfortunately it's the IGE look that'll have the most chance of helping; what's being finished, what's being researched, any city captures, etc.
Is there anything from the aside from the aforementioned thing anything specific in particular I should look for.

Last edited:

There are a couple off of city captures that look like they could be about to happen, but one of the civ's looks like it is about to lose its capital so perhaps that is the issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom