Resource icon

Exploration Continued Expanded (Obsolete)

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are a couple off of city captures that look like they could be about to happen, but one of the civ's looks like it is about to lose its capital so perhaps that is the issue?

That could be it, yea; otherwise just look for anything that could be a trigger for something.

I don't know why, but I can't expand a great admiral to get 2 luxuries.
Playing with VP, and already tweaked "('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_UNIT_CHANGES_ADMIRAL', 1), -- Great Admiral may be expended for two Luxury Resources." to 0 and 1 and nothing still helped.

I don't know why, but I can't expand a great admiral to get 2 luxuries.
Playing with VP, and already tweaked "('JFD_EXCE_EXPLORATION_UNIT_CHANGES_ADMIRAL', 1), -- Great Admiral may be expended for two Luxury Resources." to 0 and 1 and nothing still helped.

You should be able to do it by default with the CBP, shouldn't you?

You should be able to do it by default with the CBP, shouldn't you?

Yes, but with this mod enabled + CP, it does not work. Just tried it out for myself because I was having the same issue. Also, with the latest version some of my units seems to be having issues with attrition again.

If I wanted to update the tech tree to show VP's changes, how would I do so? I can't see corporations in the tech tree when using this mod + VP.

That could be it, yea; otherwise just look for anything that could be a trigger for something.
Okay I know it's been a while got caught up with college and whatnot but I've finally pinned down the cause, When an A.I. founds the World Congress it causes a CTD.

I have an issue for the unique trait for Inca. It will not appear for some reason. Is there any way you could help me on this?

Playing with
Rise to power
englightenment era
exploration continued expanded
cities in development
Edit: cultural diversity (forgot to mention was activated)

Got an archaeologist. Used archaeologist. Made an archaeology dig. Cannot select artifact, cannot create landmark. cannot advance to next turn

Last edited:
Anyone know how to get this to work with Future Worlds? That mod and this one (or the Community Patch) don't seem to be compatible, despite the fact that I know they were compatible about a year and a half ago.

Anyone know how to get this to work with Future Worlds? That mod and this one (or the Community Patch) don't seem to be compatible, despite the fact that I know they were compatible about a year and a half ago.

FW and CP should be compatible, and this the first I've heard that they aren't; any details?

Says they aren't here, presuming that "Community Balance Patch" is the same thing as "Community Patch"--the names changed a few times.

ETA: Could be a conflict with another mod, and I'll test for that, but I'd figured I'd ask if it was a known issue with a known work around first.

ETA2: Never mind, looks like it was a map setting on Ynaemp that isn't compatible with the Community Patch

Last edited:
Got an archaeologist. Used archaeologist. Made an archaeology dig. Cannot select artifact, cannot create landmark. cannot advance to next turn

Someone already share that bug, it seems to be related to the fact you can buy archeologist with slave.

Fix I have not tested yet :
In the file MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 58)\Components\Slavery\Core\Slavery_Units.sql

at the line 110 you will have :
WHERE Cost > 0 AND Mechanized = 0 AND MoveRate IS NOT 'WHEELED' AND NOT Class IN ('UNITCLASS_JFD_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_COLONIST', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_SLAVE', 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_RECON', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_EXPLORER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_AIRSHIP', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_ADVENTURER', 'UNITCLASS_CARAVAN', 'UNITCLASS_MISSIONARY', 'UNITCLASS_INQUISITOR', 'UNITCLASS_CARGO_SHIP', 'UNITCLASS_WORKBOAT')

add the unitclass of archaeologist :
WHERE Cost > 0 AND Mechanized = 0 AND MoveRate IS NOT 'WHEELED' AND NOT Class IN ('UNITCLASS_JFD_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_COLONIST', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_SLAVE', 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_RECON', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_EXPLORER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_AIRSHIP', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_ADVENTURER', 'UNITCLASS_CARAVAN', 'UNITCLASS_MISSIONARY', 'UNITCLASS_INQUISITOR', 'UNITCLASS_CARGO_SHIP', 'UNITCLASS_WORKBOAT', 'UNITCLASS_ARCHAEOLOGIST')

at the line 115 you will have a very similar query, add unitclass too.

Like this, you and the AI will not be able to buy archaeologist with Slave.
Sadly if i understand the bug, you will have to restart a game or reload the game before you or the AI (difficult to know...) buy archeologist with slave.

Someone already share that bug, it seems to be related to the fact you can buy archeologist with slave.

Fix I have not tested yet :
In the file MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 58)\Components\Slavery\Core\Slavery_Units.sql

at the line 110 you will have :
WHERE Cost > 0 AND Mechanized = 0 AND MoveRate IS NOT 'WHEELED' AND NOT Class IN ('UNITCLASS_JFD_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_COLONIST', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_SLAVE', 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_RECON', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_EXPLORER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_AIRSHIP', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_ADVENTURER', 'UNITCLASS_CARAVAN', 'UNITCLASS_MISSIONARY', 'UNITCLASS_INQUISITOR', 'UNITCLASS_CARGO_SHIP', 'UNITCLASS_WORKBOAT')

add the unitclass of archaeologist :
WHERE Cost > 0 AND Mechanized = 0 AND MoveRate IS NOT 'WHEELED' AND NOT Class IN ('UNITCLASS_JFD_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_WORKER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_COLONIST', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_SLAVE', 'UNITCLASS_SETTLER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_RECON', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_EXPLORER', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_AIRSHIP', 'UNITCLASS_JFD_GREAT_ADVENTURER', 'UNITCLASS_CARAVAN', 'UNITCLASS_MISSIONARY', 'UNITCLASS_INQUISITOR', 'UNITCLASS_CARGO_SHIP', 'UNITCLASS_WORKBOAT', 'UNITCLASS_ARCHAEOLOGIST')

at the line 115 you will have a very similar query, add unitclass too.

Like this, you and the AI will not be able to buy archaeologist with Slave.
Sadly if i understand the bug, you will have to restart a game or reload the game before you or the AI (difficult to know...) buy archeologist with slave.
I did not buy an archaeologist with a slave. I built it.

Says they aren't here, presuming that "Community Balance Patch" is the same thing as "Community Patch"--the names changed a few times.

ETA: Could be a conflict with another mod, and I'll test for that, but I'd figured I'd ask if it was a known issue with a known work around first.

ETA2: Never mind, looks like it was a map setting on Ynaemp that isn't compatible with the Community Patch

Well that's the clincher: CP ~= CBP

The Balance Patch refers to the big overhaul changes and stuff which we recommend you don't use with JFDDLC regardless because none of us play it and as such have no idea how to balance for it.

The plain old Community Patch is just the core DLL mod (aka the one labeled (1)), which is all JFDDLC requires and should be perfectly compatible with FW.

So it's an IA who did it.
No. The game is unable to progress because I cannot select the archaeology from the archaeology dig that my archaeologist, which I built, not bought, had started constructing 5,7, or however many turns it takes ago.

Also, none of the AI had the necessary tech.

So let me make this clear. This bug has NOTHING to do with buying archaeologists with slaves.
The very fact that it happened with an archaeologist that was PRODUCED, and not BOUGHT, means that even if it happens with slave-bought archaeologists, it ALSO happens with normal archaeologists, implying the problem is something else entirely, and that if I do use your fix for the slave-bought archaeologists, then it likely will not fix the problem i've been having.
Going to start a speed test-game with your advice later to check it out

The only person to have track this bug is pawelec on the CiD thread, I repost a part here :
- it is impossible to select the artifact/landmark after the first slave Archaeologists complete the first Archaeological Dig, the 'Choose Archaeology' button is looped, workaround: don't use slave Archaeologists or replace them with regular ones via IGE when they reach the Antiquity Site, sadly this works until the AI uses the first slave Archaeologist; bug leaves nothing in the logs;

He's right nothing in logs about this bug ( it happen to me too ) so deal with it, if the bug appear again, we will need more investigations about it. ( If it leaves anythings in your logs share it ! )

Does the Enlightenment Era mod and/or Sukritact's Suzerainty remove the resources from this mod? I have been playing a game for a while and discovered a majority of the map, but do not see any resources from this mod.

My Other Mods:
CP only
JFD's CulDiv, CiD, EC, and RtP
YnAEMP v24
Historical Religions Complete
More Luxuries
Events & Decisions
JFD's Civ Mods
Civ 4 Diplomacy Features

Last edited:
I have removed the Enlightenment Era mod, but I still do not see the resources that should appear on the map. I am not talking about the ones that are revealed when you research a technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom