[WIP] Fiat Voluntas Tua (SciFi mod)

Ah, this is the mod you were talking about...

I managed to fix the FF tech pedia, I just copied over the BTS tech pedia python file.

Is that all that's needed to edit the Civpedia?:confused: (I've been wanting to edit that for MOO2Civ, but haven't been able to so far.)

Anyway, looks promising.:thumbsup:

@Jeelen: Thats all you have to do. I was a bit surprised when it worked. It was just a shot in the dark.
@Tholish:
>Currently I have no dll or python mods giving as FF relies heavy on python, and that I know nothing of python (I can sort of muddle my way through it) I didnt include any. Also, there werent any that seemed pressing.
>Acutaly, I am keeping my backups on my extra drive. As to the pedias though, I do a few to show what they will be like, or if I happen to get a good idea for one. However since most of the pedias wont change much, I don't see any danger in obsolescense.
>As for fleets, I planning on having them be smaller than the 'Star Wars' esque battles, becasue in the whole Farscape universe, there was only one huge battle shown, and that was the end finale between Peacekeepers and Scarrans. It will be more based on capital ships with lighter craft protecting them. The capitals will have the function on 'fleet breakers' where since they have blitz and collateral damage, they will try and weaken the fleet to allow the rest through. They will have stats so as not to overly risk them.
>With the tech tree, I'm adding it by 'eras', but keeping the original so I don't mess up buildinginfos. Also, I'm building the tech tree first (I used to do the units first) which is making it alot easier as I don't have to make it 'fit'. I want to make it a more leasurly game (which sounds odd when talking about a war mod) but the pace of FF felt to fast. The techs just whipped by and you didn't have enough time to enjoy your new battleship before all your enemies got the next level PDS and made any assault costly. (30p unit that can be built anywhere will likely win in a city if attacked by a 225p unit that can't be built anywhere.)

@Jeelen: Thats all you have to do. I was a bit surprised when it worked. It was just a shot in the dark.

Cool! I had asked deanej (on account of his FF mod Star Trek), but got none the wiser. (All I got to do now is come up with lots of MoO tech quotes...) Eh... what exactly do you mean by the "BTS tech pedia python file"? (I can't find any tech pedia file in the BtS\Python folder...)

BTW, I am curious how this mod will turn out.;)

A sligtly premature question, but for the soundtrack, what do you guys think about adding some classical music such as Raphsody in Blue, Tschaikvskies 1812, and some of the stuff from Colonization like Wellingtons Victory? I feel it will add a nice counterpoint to the 'future' tracks. I also tend to view this future as having some Victorian/Napoleonic overtures. Yea, Nay, or something else entirely.
The main menu track is already Aaron Coplands Fanfare for the Common Man.

Small delay in getting alpha out, I had another crash with the techinfos, so I have to default to a back up, not that bad though, its fairly recent. Now that I know the problem comes from techinfos, does something in there cause it or does a non-visible error that I make cause it?

For soundtrack I think you should use music and performances that are GNU or public domain. I found this website where a bunch of good free music can be found. I tried to use an MP3 from one of them for my FutureMod but haven't got it working yet.

http://www.goingware.com/tips/legal-downloads.html#intro

A lot of the links there arent that good but some are. This one is some sort of techno stuff that is good for a sci fi mod. I am using "Intergalactic."

http://www.ektoplazm.com/

The one I downloaded blatantly said, "Here's a copy of the GNU, you have permission to use this for any non commercial purpose."
Here's another randomly chosen one, with titles like "Space Cherokee" and "Fractal Philosophy."

http://www.kahvi.org/

I'm probably going to end up using the default future age soundtrack with a few of my additions, such as Raphsody in Blue and Tscaikovskys 1812. Thanks for the links, I'll likely end up using them once I start enlarging the soundtrack.

EDIT: I got the mid era tech tree done, progress is really coming along. Any ideas for civics and buildings? Considering my tech tree is about 2 times bigger than the FF one, I'll need about a half more buildings. (There wont be quite as many production bonus's though and more will be single system ones.) If anyone is interested, here is the openings menu, Fanfare for the Common Man by Aaron Copland.

EDIT2:I got the mid era units in. I will likely have to go back and refit costs, stats and so on. Same with the costs for the techs, I haven't changed them from the tehc copied from, so most of the techs are at 500r.

The mod is comming along, I finished up the tech tree and the units, I still need to set the unitai to something relevent (eg: for frigates I still have to ai set to defence), clean things up, and then I'll release it as an alpha in a week or two. For the initial release, buildings and civics will be identical to normal FF, I'll just be replacing techs.

I tried to download from your first link but it seems to be broken? :confused:

Oh, thats for the broken version of a different mod, Filefront probably got rid of it becasue nobody dled it for a while. I'm currently working on a different mod, but am using this thread for planning as the mod isnt yet alpha release. I'll create a new thread once people have something to dl.

The new mod is released (sort of, I havent uploaded it yet, I'll do so tomorrow). It is the sci-fi one I have been working on. follow the link in my sig.

Top Bottom