1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[WIP] Ireland Map HUGE

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Pre-made Maps' started by Mudokon Pop, Oct 31, 2015.

1. Mudokon Pop

Mudokon Pop Chieftain

I found this unfinished Ireland map on my hardrive today (from 2011) and am not sure what to do with it. If I remember correctly, my plan was to make a Britain & Ireland map but was concerned that I made Ireland too large so that Britain probably wouldn't fit. I gave up shortly afterwards as I didn't want to put all that work in only to find no room for the other island.. Although Britain may actually still fit.

I also figure it might be too large to play (especially if I did fit Britain in) if I only had the four provinces as Civs (Connacht, Ulster, Munster, Leinster), it'd be very sparse. I did plan a single Gaelic Civ but this map would get real lonely for one!!

I'd be interesting in making a Map/Scenario and I know there's been Ireland maps already (but none as large afaik) -- would anyone here be willing to play this? What about an even larger "Pangaia-sized" map of just Ireland with 12 major Túatha(Kingdoms)??

My current plan is to make a British Isles map with my main focus on pre-Viking/Norman Ireland kingdoms. Maybe a later Plantation Scenario as well. As for Britain, I'm not sure if people would prefer to play as the pre-Roman tribes or later Mercia/Northumbria/East Anglia (etc..) Germanic tribes. While I'll be learning Python for University, I can't say I'll be scripting any mods anytime soon!!

A Roman, Anglo-Saxon, Viking and Norman invasion would be awesome if scripted though. I'd also like to mod some sort of Clan System. :D