Resource icon

JFD's Rise to Power

Status
Not open for further replies.
MODS list: VOX 1 (CP (2.1.26.1), Suk (EnD3, Suz1.5), EE6, JFD (CULDIV13, EXCE20, CID58, RTP33)

After the CTD. I load the autosave. Still CTD. I load the autosave again, still CTD. Making the game unplayable. Huhuhuhu.
This is the last turn (347) before the CTD and took screenshot.

http://images.akamai.steamuserconte...480/C48CDC12CC4B4D682DAEEEBCDE43509EB457C316/

Things I did on this turn.
Made a scientist into a tile, give 1000 gold on a CS state that eventually makes as allies, decline an embassy to embassy deal with Sweden.

As usual, dont know whos who, the mod causing it. I just posted here because RTP was the latest mod and most of the mods I'm using are yours.

Attachments

• Database.txt
    2.5 KB · Views: 50
  • Lua.txt
    14.2 KB · Views: 61
Getting a few bugs here. First was under Monarchy when I established a Aristocratic legislature, afterward I couldn't open the government menu at all. I reloaded and went with the other legislature instead, which went fine.

Now I just adopted Order and whenever I change to Dictatorship I can't end the turn. Whatever the last thing to do before the "Next Turn" button would show won't clear, whether it was choosing a production or casting a world congress vote.

Bug:
Invite Civil Servant to Court. Didn't get any Magistrate or Dignitaries.
Just completed Liberty policy.

I can confirm this bug too. Gold charged, decision shows as completed in the E&D menu, but no Dignitary or Magistrate spawned.

Last edited:
Hello JFD, I love your creative mod like CiD, ExCE and Rise to Power is my favorite, I have comment in first time so I have comment there today is I have see RTP bug in Sovereignty sub-mod on current version (as version 33) is if you play on any civilization as female leader and capture their original capital, and open World Governments on Government Overview Panel and look on your leader tag name.

This will happen

The text will show as '(title name)_FEMININE_FEMININE' and will happen if they have government, I'm not sure that you have see this bug earlier but this is bug to every female leader.

I might have see another bug on new version CiD too but I will not explain here.

Mod: Hyperdimension Neptunia: Blanec's Lowee Empire

Hello JFD, thanks for all of your hard work. I can't imagine playing Civ 5 without your or Gazebo's mods. I've been having a pernicious CTD which has given me 2 different errors, one from RTP and another from CID. They are
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Steve\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power (v 33)\Shared\Lua\UI\Overrides\Popups\MilitaryOverview.lua:108: attempt to call method 'GetNumUnitsNoCivlian' (a nil value)
and
Runtime Error: C:\Users\Steve\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Cities in Development (v 58)\Components\Slavery\Lua\Utilities\JFD_CID_SlaveryUtils.lua:180: bad argument #2 to '?' (Key must be of type 'number' or 'string'.)
Would you have any suggestions on how I could resolve this problem to finish my game?. I've attached a mods list, LUA & Database files. Thanks in advance...

Attachments

• Database.txt
    7.5 KB · Views: 76
  • lua.txt
    13.9 KB · Views: 81
  • mod list.txt
    191 bytes · Views: 82
Random question: Why is Sovereignty called Sovereignty? That term generally refers to a polity's ability to act independently and without interference from foreign or external third parties.

In your mod, it refers to the government's ability to go through with major changes. I feel like Political capital would better define this mechanic, as it generally refers to a politician, or a group of politician's ability to act within the framework of their polity.

Random question: Why is Sovereignty called Sovereignty? That term generally refers to a polity's ability to act independently and without interference from foreign or external third parties.

In your mod, it refers to the government's ability to go through with major changes. I feel like Political capital would better define this mechanic, as it generally refers to a politician, or a group of politician's ability to act within the framework of their polity.
polity's ability to act independently and without interference from foreign or external third parties. So no rebels interfering with your new policy changes doesn't fit it?

Maybe this will help answer your question: http://civilization-v-customisation.wikia.com/wiki/JFD's_Rise_to_Power ?

Well the yield Sovereignty represents your ability to act: you must posess enough power to pass a reform without it being opposed by the people. Your legislature can only reduce the amount of Sovereignty required; it cannot actually increase your Sovereignty.

@Enginseer, as I demonstrated through the definitions that I gave you in my last comment, indeed, internal factors such as rebels are not a violation of sovereignty. On the other hand, if there was a mechanic that involved funding rebel groups in rival civs, now that would constitute a breach of sovereignty.

@SLGray, @Chrisy15 I'm very aware of the mechanics, thank you. Going through that wikia page actually made me even surer of my stance on this.
As I said, the Mechanic of "Sovereignty" in RtP is more akin to real life Political Capital, than actual sovereignty. The game Democracy 3 is a very good example of properly applied political concepts.

It's based on a model of absolute sovereignty as conceived by Bodin whereby the monarch's authority is not transferrable to the people or a government, so you're competing with internal factions distinct from the sovereign such as clergies, aristocracies, commons, etc. It's not meant to reflect westphalian sovereignty which is inclusive of the entire state system and thereby is defined by external factors as you say. There is some licence taken for the sake of gameplay. Political capital is descriptive but lacks the sense of ultimateness found in sovereignty.

In My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power\Components\Sovereignty\Core\Sovereignty_GameDefines.sql edit the value of 'JFD_SOVEREIGNTY_DEFAULT_REFORM_COOLDOWN'

For some reason I can never found a government in Rise to Power. I get the option at Code of Laws, I click on it and nothing happens, it doesn't even give me the option when I discover Philoshy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom