Wipe out one civ and everyone hates?

DirkDiggler36

Chieftain
So, I am playing as Persia, Epic, Huge, 20 Civs. So about 120 Turns in I captured 2 of Arabias cities.. He had no units..(wtf prince is too easy :sad:) so after i took both his cities 10 of the 12 civs denounced me. Now previously when civs DOF i denied all of them because I wanted to stay Nuetral..

Now my question is will these civs always be negative towards me for the rest of the game?

Yes. Taking someones last city is more evil than killing 99% of his people. And declaring war (for more than one time) is also super evil at least if you're the human player. AIs do not seem to hate each other even though they dow each other about 50 times during a game. This is btw why City-States are awful, as taking a CS counts as killing a whole civ... so If you get into a war with one, you actually can't/must not take it unless you want to be at war/unable to trade with all other AIs for the rest of the game.

if you want the other civs to be more or less friendly to you remember 2 points in war-making:

1. don't start a war...if another civ dows you don't make peace and conquer it but

2. leave one city standing (obviously their most puny city with no recources or luxuries you need)

You can get away with breaking rule 1. once or maybe even twice (depending on how many civs are in your game) but if you kill a civ by taking it's last city you're basically burned for the others

Realyn, I would have picked King Difficulty but then I have to try hard = P I just played a 16 civ game as Siam on King and won a cultural victory. But had I tried to get a Domination, Science or any other victory I know I woulda lost and I have been playing King difficulty so I wanted to switch to prince and Dominate.

BTW why is AI so bad on Prince? I mean not even building improvements or having a half way decent army in comparison to King.

Realyn, I would have picked King Difficulty but then I have to try hard = P I just played a 16 civ game as Siam on King and won a cultural victory. But had I tried to get a Domination, Science or any other victory I know I woulda lost and I have been playing King difficulty so I wanted to switch to prince and Dominate.

BTW why is AI so bad on Prince? I mean not even building improvements or having a half way decent army in comparison to King.

Hey, I'm not saying anything about Prince ;).
Just, if you wanna go for domination on a continent with 10+ civs you will start a world war :D.

Hey, I'm not saying anything about Prince ;).
Just, if you wanna go for domination on a continent with 10+ civs you will start a world war :D.

Man the game is too easy.. I have atleast 50% of the continent. I was playing on Terra, which is like every player stars on one continent. I already have 4 cities on the "new World" I could easily wipe everyone out if I want to.. = ( So i think I will abandon this game for later and start another 20 civ King game as England and try to be a peaceful nation and then expand on the New world fast using the naval benefits. try to get science victory maybe.

There is a 80 modifier for taking over a capital. That's all. There's no penalty for killing a civ, just taking it's capital.

Maybe it's a bug and taking the capital should give the huge penalty and wiping them out nothing. However this is not the case. Taking the capital is priceless, wiping them off the map makes everyone hate you. Doesn't matter what the XML says. Play the game and see it for yourself.

Don't push into your opponents territory and take his cities right away. Steal his workers kill his troops and sign a peace treaty and take his gold and luxuries. Don't worry, he will be sure to attack you again.

There is a 80 modifier for taking over a capital. That's all. There's no penalty for killing a civ, just taking it's capital.

yeah this is not true, there is most definitely a penalty for wiping civs off the map. always leave one crappy little city in the tundra or something.

OP - did you have a DOF with the Arabs at any point in the game? declaring war against a former friend is even worse.

also was this your first war? Did you dow any city states at any point (even just to steal a worker?) Each DOW after your first one carries negative diplo modifiers.

Maybe it's a bug and taking the capital should give the huge penalty and wiping them out nothing. However this is not the case. Taking the capital is priceless, wiping them off the map makes everyone hate you. Doesn't matter what the XML says. Play the game and see it for yourself.

Just looked it again. Wiping off a civ probably adds to warmonger hate, and there is a 80 modifier for taking a capital but that only applies to that civ. So if you take Rome's capital they get 80 (more than unforgiveable)

Top Bottom