Wiping Out Another Civ?

Blatc

Prince
In my current game, I left several civs with just 1 city left instead of wiping them out and am wondering if that's a mistake on Deity? I believe I'd met every civ before I could have wiped anyone out, which I realize makes a difference.
How do you compare denouncements and world congress antagonism with conquering 1 more city and wiping out a civ?

If you're going for a DomV, and a) everyone already hates you and is giving you only 3GPT for a Lux, b) Your army can take care of any rage-DoWs from the AIs you haven't destroyed yet, and c) the civ in question is likely to try to attempt to retake their capital, then you have nothing to lose by wiping them out completely.

Wiping people takes time so that is the main reason why I don't do it.

For diplomatic repercusions, only the first conquest is a real question since you can still sell at 5-7gpt if you don't wipe him. But after the first conquest don't feel bad to wipe anyone.

I agree that wiping takes time, but if the sweep will definitely not be completed quickly, it's better to finish them off or at least cripple them more severely.

I'm a big fan of capital sniping. DCL #17 was perhaps my best example. I was able to move between the culture borders and only take what I wanted, and no one ever came back for seconds.

But in DCL #4 a lot of time was wasted because I left Darius and Bismarck alive.

If you want to wipe Gengis, take his 2-3 cities first and finish him by liberating CSs : no diplomatic issues :D

You did a good Job in wiping out most of the cities of the other civilizations. :Goodjob:

One thing to consider is that if you keep them around they will likely hate you for the rest of the game. This means that they will almost always vote against you on all of your proposals in the world congress. This can be very annoying if you have 5 civs all voting against you every time.

It really depends, alot of the time I feel like taking out a civ is an advantage, especially if their economy is broken.

It really depends, alot of the time I feel like taking out a civ is an advantage, especially if their economy is broken.

Other civilizations that survive angry will be mad,thats true, but they shouldnt be that OP to be able to come back on you. It is true that defeated civilization can come back on you so thats why you have to leave them with a city or two. It is true that ai survivors will want to ally with other ais that are OP but by then, you would have to be able to defend your empire from the survivor and the other OP civilizations.

Top Bottom