Wisdom Teeth

Not everyone has to have them taken out. :D Not when they come out right. :p

I got mine taken our last year cause they were going to give me complications later on in life. Had 5 wisdom teeth. 1 on the bottom left, 2 on the top left and 2 on the top right. Fun fun fun

Mine are just coming in and it looks like I won't need to get them removed, if I do I think only the bottom ones need to be removed, I have a big mouth :D

Sarevok said:
Its something we all have to deal with at some point. That somepoint for me was about 4 hours ago.

Sucks bro. I had them out about a year ago. Pudding is your friend :D

They told me I was going to be ok with them 4 years ago, but then last year the dentist changed his mind!!! Seems they didn't grow out enough...... Anyway I'll just postpone taking them off untill I start feeling some pain in the jaw area.....

Rhymes said:
They told me I was going to be ok with them 4 years ago, but then last year the dentist changed his mind!!! Seems they didn't grow out enough...... Anyway I'll just postpone taking them off untill I start feeling some pain in the jaw area.....

Actually it's better to remove them early before the roots can fully develop (making removal harder, and more painful)

zeon252 said:
I had all four taken out....at once. I was put out however, and the one thing I remember when I woke up was my jaw was sore, and I REALLY wanted to sleep. I slept for about ten hours and then I woke up and watched the Matrix, good weekend :goodjob:
well, i have missed the last day of school before a full week of for thanksgiving, so its a 10-day break for me, 11 actually since ill need the stitches removed on the first dayi would come back...

I got home, and though i had hellish pain for a bit, i just lied down and watched ROTK, the last time i watch that before the extended comes out... ;)

All four of mine are coming out on Monday. I'm quite pleased, I get a day off to play Civ and sleep and generally do whatever I'd like. This is a little minor. I'd prefer a little more free time, but what can you do. I love surgery. Free time, attendants, and drugs. What more can one ask for?

Fetus4188 said:
Mine are just coming in and it looks like I won't need to get them removed, if I do I think only the bottom ones need to be removed, I have a big mouth :D

As far as I know, that can't be done. You can have only the right ones removed, or only the left ones, but not only the top or bottom. That would disrupt the "tooth-meets-tooth when you bite down" system, and as you chew your top wisdom teeth would be gnawing at your gums. Delicious.

That's how I spent spring break during my second year of college. I was going to be dropped from my dad's insurance (because I was getting married) so I had to hurry up and get them done. They didn't do a good enough job since a piece of root was left behind. A cyst formed around it which I had to have removed last year.

Dealt with them a few years ago. One pulled out by dentisit; two more pulled out after surgery. :undecide:

My two upper ones have come out nice and clean, the two lower has been "under eruption" for some years, not coming out completely, but I've not had any great problems with them.
Must be because I'm so wise. ;)

When are they supposed to grow? I asked the dentist about them, but the dentist said he saw no signs yet.

I have them with me at the moment, they're purdy. They came in perfectly for me.

stratego said:
When are they supposed to grow? I asked the dentist about them, but the dentist said he saw no signs yet.
18-20, or something like that, IIRC.

Top Bottom