Wise Man Hut

Tacit_Exit

King
Preface:I like spacing my cities so there is NO overlap.Can't stand it late game when I have to decide which city gets what square after Hospitals.

(Yes:I KNOW this is inefficient but its the way I like it;I'm a simcity style player)

Anyway, using this build style the terrain often forces certain squares in my territory to be unreachable by any workers, so I came up with a way to use them that fits my build style.

Use them for wise-man huts.

Once your civ. borders are established and you've expanded as much as you want to, squeeze a settler out of cities that have maxed out population-wise, plonk 'em on the unused squares, and turn the 1 pop into a scientist immediately, or temporarily 'borrow' a good mineral square (mountain good to prevent growth) to build a wall (no upkeep) then its science for the rest of the game, buddy!

I guess you could use them as shunned tax collectors to if you prefer.Just remember don't build any improvements other than a wall as it will be redundant and remove the slight bonus you get; leave 'em on wealth.:D

Originally posted by Grille
Due to corruption:
Don't you waste commerce AND shields then?
(>OCN?)
If you're following the extremely inefficient build strategy that I outlined you're unlikely to approach ocn limits; I just mean these huts to 'fill in the gaps' as it were.
More of an esoteric thing than a 'killer strategy' but it occurred to me it could be neat for when you want to run min. science and don't wanna make a scientist in any of your super productive cities.

Well, yes, I would have thought that your *inefficient* build strategy indeed came along with very low corruption levels. Not bad so far, but if your empire was already large (you have actually nearly reached OCN), I would think those wise men will be eaten up by corruption.
I agree, generally depends on city number.

Top Bottom