wish list CIV6`

wolfblue

Warlord
while its not a universal oppinion i think enough people are looking to the horizon for CIV6 to erase civ5 from history.

my question is what are people looking for that game to entail?

will CIV6 be an advancement on CIV5 or will civ5 be essentially dumped and civ6 advances the classic style from civ 1-4

will it be a combination of the two?

Post what you would like to see and a couple of additions or subtractions. try to keep it brief to get a general idea.

personally i am a fan of civ4 but would not mind keeping the hexes and resource limits from civ5. I hope that a middle ground is found on unit stacking (say stacks limit to 3 or 4 on a tile and maybe more with a general) but i am against the one unit per tile thing. civ6 definitely has to have a better AI in all aspects and i want a return to the civ4 style interface which is to say it was much better organized, and allowed more control by the player without overwhelming or dumbing down to civ5 levels.

I can't comment on Civ6 or wish anything, it's too early. First I want to see what happens with Civ5 in the next 2 years, then I can maybe think of what I want in the next game.

while its not a universal oppinion i think enough people are looking to the horizon for CIV6 to erase civ5 from history.

my question is what are people looking for that game to entail?

will CIV6 be an advancement on CIV5 or will civ5 be essentially dumped and civ6 advances the classic style from civ 1-4

will it be a combination of the two?

Post what you would like to see and a couple of additions or subtractions. try to keep it brief to get a general idea.

personally i am a fan of civ4 but would not mind keeping the hexes and resource limits from civ5. I hope that a middle ground is found on unit stacking (say stacks limit to 3 or 4 on a tile and maybe more with a general) but i am against the one unit per tile thing. civ6 definitely has to have a better AI in all aspects and i want a return to the civ4 style interface which is to say it was much better organized, and allowed more control by the player without overwhelming or dumbing down to civ5 levels.

Crike, erase CIV5 from history? I would be happy if CIV2-CIV4 were erased. Civ5 is awesome. Disagree with all these.

I would be happy if CIV2-CIV4 were erased. Civ5 is awesome.

Then they should have named the game different, so we could have gotten a civ5 with the quality of previous games, and you a different game (this one), which is what you wanted since you didn't like the previous ones.

Maybe they could have called this one World of Panzer General Craft, and the other game following civilization quality would have gotten the civ5 name.

And everybody happy ^^

far too early :nono: - We should talk about the game on the stage, not the one 5 years away!
All I can say for now for me it's:
- no STEAM pls! ^^

lol, no steam, i like that, but yeah, its kinda early, lets see what kinds of things they put into expansions, hell they might come up with ideas we didnt even think of. for now im going to concentrate on how i want ciV to go and what goes into it. im kinda trying to learn to do some modding, ive got the map aspects down not really anything else though. so i want to expand upon that for now. anyway off topic, i want it to be more realistic (everything included, ai im looking at you)

All I can say for now for me it's:
- no STEAM pls! ^^

I wasn't happy with steam at release, but I started using it for civ5, and ... have you seen the holiday prices?? I'm buying great games for 2-7€! Each 24hours they update the game offers.
I think it's pretty cool. If game, music and movie industry would finally understand this prices are the right ones for non tangible things, piracy would end.

I wish there was a Steam-like platform for movies, series and tv-shows :D

Might as well make people happy and just rerelease Civ IV BTS.

Back to OT.

In civ 6 I would love to see Stability :
Stability would be an overall AND a city sort of happiness. It would be affected by warweariness, happiness, healthiness, unit presence, size of empire, civics, corruption (or crime), hunger, disease, religion, buildings, location, size of city and ethnic population.
If handled good it would increase immigration, production and trade while handed poorly it would cause strikes, emigration, riots, emancipation.

Id also like to see some sort of global food, as the concept of a citys size is so poorly illustrated in the civ series. The biggest cities on earth are not that because they have big food production and vice versa the biggest food producing cities in the world are not the biggest.
Instead the factors of growth should be trade, immigration, stability, employment and global food (empire+traded food).

I would also like an extended techtree. 300 techs divided into categories would be a good start. The categories could f.ex. be : Seafaring, Military, Scientific, Spiritual, Growth, Political, Cultural.
These would then be researched by choosing different "weights" with sliders, civ specific boni, civic boni, leader boni. The units, building and wonders would be multi layered meaning that to build a submarine it wouldnt just be enough to research military, military and military.

A complete makeover when it comes to diplomacy. Starting with the need of messengers to engage in talks and extending with diplomats, embassies and multiciv meetings (G8, NATO, FN, ASEAN etc). The AI should think like a CIV not a player. Sure Hitler wanted world dominance in his 3rd Reich plans, but overall civs in which you share values, wouldnt backstab you unless they had a really good reason. I do like the multi answer in civ 5 but maybe extend it to 3 answers (positive, neutral and negative). But the whole setup would have to be redone as it should be one of the most important things in Civilization, but now its just more or less an annoyance.

Well, I could continue all day, but these would be a good start :)

edit : and military that made sense. Instead of a default unit an army would consist of men. The # of men would be an actual (realistic) number instead of hitpoints. The size of the unit trained would be affected of civic, size of city, size of empire (an empire with 200.000 wouldnt be able to have an army of 150.000). It would also be a separate process of training units and building buildings.

I think the Firaxis has learned their lesson and civ6 will not be anything like civ5! I belive we are getting back square tiles and brilliant combat system from civ4 where the other stack sits inside city and the other stack is killing its units by attacking it! Yeah ofcourse the combat should be to the death, its brilliant! Also we need to get back the great religion system wich solely determined the relations between civs! I think we should also get rid of all ranged attacks so that the artillery has to make a melee attack against knigths and that the navy cannot bombard enemy land units, that would be great! Also we need the magnificent diplomacy system from civ4 in wich the AI is not going to trade his extra bananas with his good neighbor because they have different religion, although the good neighbor has always helped them and treated them well, but still he just prefers to keep them extra bananas rotting in his cellar just in case. What else, what else.. Oh, the strategic resourses needs to be bottomless well just like in real life.

Im sure I forgot something but I just cant seem to remember it..

Id also like to see some sort of global food, as the concept of a citys size is so poorly illustrated in the civ series. The biggest cities on earth are not that because they have big food production and vice versa the biggest food producing cities in the world are not the biggest.
Instead the factors of growth should be trade, immigration, stability, employment and global food (empire+traded food).

I like this. i am always upset when i have a city bursting at the seems with food and another city nearby that can barely feed itself. trade routs between cities should be able to move excess food in some way between nearby cities. this ability can grow as technology advances.

the rest does not seem bad but seems too complicated. I like the LoR Mod. its awesome. but i dont play it because ultimately it tries to do to much and tosses in cirtain complexities simply for the sake of having them or "wouldn't it be cool" factor.

I like your post

Back to OT.

In civ 6 I would love to see Stability :
Stability would be an overall AND a city sort of happiness. It would be affected by warweariness, happiness, healthiness, unit presence, size of empire, civics, corruption (or crime), hunger, disease, religion, buildings, location, size of city and ethnic population.
If handled good it would increase immigration, production and trade while handed poorly it would cause strikes, emigration, riots, emancipation.

I would also like an extended techtree. 300 techs divided into categories would be a good start. The categories could f.ex. be : Seafaring, Military, Scientific, Spiritual, Growth, Political, Cultural.
These would then be researched by choosing different "weights" with sliders, civ specific boni, civic boni, leader boni. The units, building and wonders would be multi layered meaning that to build a submarine it wouldnt just be enough to research military, military and military.

A complete makeover when it comes to diplomacy. Starting with the need of messengers to engage in talks and extending with diplomats, embassies and multiciv meetings (G8, NATO, FN, ASEAN etc). The AI should think like a CIV not a player. Sure Hitler wanted world dominance in his 3rd Reich plans, but overall civs in which you share values, wouldnt backstab you unless they had a really good reason. I do like the multi answer in civ 5 but maybe extend it to 3 answers (positive, neutral and negative). But the whole setup would have to be redone as it should be one of the most important things in Civilization, but now its just more or less an annoyance.

Well, I could continue all day, but these would be a good start :)

edit : and military that made sense. Instead of a default unit an army would consist of men. The # of men would be an actual (realistic) number instead of hitpoints. The size of the unit trained would be affected of civic, size of city, size of empire (an empire with 200.000 wouldnt be able to have an army of 150.000). It would also be a separate process of training units and building buildings.

I like most of this ideas. I would also like a CTP type of combat, slavery back, and a non-linear time progression.
I would like to see a departure of the principle that humanity always walk forward. For this to work, there should be short-term and medium-term objectives, so that the player can play the game focusing in the now, not in the next 400 years.

That would allow for not-boring Dark ages, and different types off gameplay.
The global food I don't like much, I would prefer a Civ 2 model, where I could have a city producing food and exporting this to a central city. This would also be a bit like Real Life, where you have a few metropolis per Country and plenty small cities providing goods to them.
Mind you, all this ideas must be simplified to fit the Civ spirit, which was never that hardcore in the first place. A hardcore version should be made possible by MODs though, IMO.

I want Civ6 to be streamlined further and integrated into Facebook. This way everyone will be happy! Timmeh!

I want Civ6 to be streamlined further and integrated into Facebook. This way everyone will be happy! Timmeh!

Yay! Civilization-ville - I'm loving it already. Perhaps our "friends" can help us complete tasks:

Oldskald is researching Gunpowder. To give him a :science: click "like".

Simple.... gimme the stuff that Civ 5 failed to deliver:

1) Working Core Mechanics

2) Immersion of the level an empire building game deserves

3) Focus on Multiplayer

4) Focus on Multiplayer

5) PAY ATTENTION and Focus on the friggin Multi farking player!

Simple.... gimme the stuff that Civ 5 failed to deliver:

1) Working Core Mechanics

2) Immersion of the level an empire building game deserves

3) Focus on Multiplayer

4) Focus on Multiplayer

5) PAY ATTENTION and Focus on the friggin Multi farking player!

3-5: No, Civ is a largely single player game. They shouldn't be putting too much work into Multi Player.

Agreed. Instead, they should focus and pay attention on the SINGLE PLAYER, cause it seems it was a little bit overlooked, this time, given it's current state...

To be honest - I don't have a clue.

Thing is, civ 1-4 were pretty similar, with each iteration adding something to the Civ formula. Civ 4 was the apex, and the point at which it would be hard to add any more without making it overly complex.

So... After Civ 4 the series had nowhere to go. Schafer tried, and I can't blame him for it, but didn't manage very well. What is needed for Civ 6 is either a new start or a remake of the civ 4/3 mechanics.

Top Bottom