1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wish List

Discussion in 'Fall from Heaven Lore' started by loocas, Jul 30, 2009.

1. loocas

loocas Chieftain

This is a list of unique items that are still missing lore entries in the pedia.

I wanted to get some idea of the scope of how much of the world is covered by the pedia. I don't know the team's writing priorities, but maybe this can get things moving to get the pedia closer to completion. I want this thread to serve as everyone's wish list. Whether it's a single unit or one of those gnawing questions and unsolved mysteries, make your desire known.

It's not my job to write or choose what goes into the pedia. If you want to write about any of these, post them. It can't hurt to give the team material to choose from, or at the very least some inspiration.

I think the highest priority are the major leaders who are missing entries, Tasunke and Alexis. Tasunke is pretty much covered in Rhoanna's entry and he seems pretty hack'n'slash so maybe there's not much more to say about him, but I'm sure there's more. Alexis is in the same position Tebryn was in. Her entry is informative but lacks the narrative flair that all the others have. After those two come the neglected heroes, some of whom are completely missing from the lore.

Aeron
    • Alexis (Expand)

Amathaon
    • Airship
    • C. Archer
    • C. Charger
    • C. Lancer

Arawn
    • Ghost
    • Repentant Angel
    • Severed Soul

Bhall
    • Orthus
    • Lizardman Assassin
    • L. Beastmaster
    • L. Druid

Camulos
    • Duin (Expand)
    • Blooded Werewolf
    • Greater Werewolf
    • Ravenous Werewolf

Ceridwen
    • Eater of Dreams

Dagda
    • Adventurer

Danalin
    • War Tortoise

Esus
    • Shadow
    • Illusionist

Junil
    • Demagog
    • Flagbearer

Kilmorph
    • Boar Rider
    • Dwarven Cannon
    • D. Druid
    • D. Shadow
    • D. Slinger
    • Hornguard
    • Trebuchet
    • Battering Ram

Lugus
    • Teutorix
    • Chalid
    • Radiant Guard
    • Aurealis

Mammon
    • Taskmaster

Mulcarn
    • Ice Elemental

Oghma
    • Chanter
    • Wizard

Sirona
    • Devout

Tali
    • Tasunke
    • Magnadine
    • Lightning Elemental
    • Mounted Mercenary

Other
    • Galean
    • Priests & High Priests

Animals
    • Gurid
    • Margalard
    • Giant Tortoise
    • Polar Bear

Spells
    • Blaze
    • Blinding Light
    • Bloom
    • Blur
    • Courage
    • Crown of Brilliance
    • Destroy Undead
    • Dispel Magic
    • Earthquake
    • Enchanted Blade
    • Fair Winds
    • Haste
    • Hellfire
    • Maelstrom
    • Poisoned Blade
    • Regeneration
    • Resurrection
    • Revelation
    • Rust
    • Sanctify
    • Scorch
    • Shadowwalk
    • Shield of Faith
    • Slow
    • Snowfall
    • Stoneskin
    • Mistform
    • Trust
    • Tsunami
    • Valor
    • Crush
    • Cure Disease
    • Entangle
    • Escape
    • Hastur's Razor
    • Heal
    • Healing Salve
    • Herald's Call
    • Hide
    • Impersonate Leader
    • Mask
    • Mesmerize Animal
    • Peace
    • Sirona's Touch
    • Whiteout
    • World Spells (Except Revelry and Hyborem¬ís Whisper)

Bonuses
    • Nightmare

Buildings
    • Adularia Chamber
    • Adventurers' Guild
    • Arena
    • Basilica
    • Blasting Workshop
    • Breeding Pit
    • Cave of Ancestors
    • Celestial Compass
    • Chancel of Guardians
    • Citadel of Light
    • City of a Thousand Slums
    • Command Post
    • Deruptus Brewing House
    • Demonic Citizens
    • Demons' Altar
    • Desert Shrine
    • Dies Diei
    • Dwarven Smithy
    • Dwarven Vault
    • Eyes and Ears Network
    • Form of the Titan
    • Freak Show
    • Governor's Manor
    • Grand Menagerie
    • Great Lighthouse (generic)
    • Grove
    • Guild of the Nine
    • Hall of Mirrors
    • Heron Throne
    • Inspiration
    • Jeweler
    • Mercurian Gate
    • Mines of Gal-Dur
    • Money Changer
    • Nox Noctis
    • Obsidian Gate
    • Palaces
    • Palisade
    • Pallens Engine
    • Planar Gate
    • Reliquary
    • Ride of the Nine Kings
    • Shrine of Sirona
    • Siege Workshop
    • Smugglers' Port
    • Song of Autumn
    • Soul Forge
    • Stable
    • Tablets of Bambur
    • Tailor
    • Grigori Tavern
    • Tax Office
    • Temple of Kilmorph
    • Temple of Leaves
    • Temple of the Empyrean
    • Temple of the Hand
    • Temple of the Order
    • Temple of the Veil
    • The Nexus
    • Theatre of Dreams
    • Tower of Alteration
    • Tower of Complacency
    • Tower of Divination
    • Tower of Eyes
    • Tower of Mastery
    • Tower of Necromancy
    • Tower of the Elements
    • Winter Palace

2. Kael

Kael Chieftain

This is a great idea. I would probably be to picky to get many community entries for leaders or heroes (unless its the heavy hitters like KillerClowns and such). But Im definitly open to unit, building and spell pedia entries.

I tend to prefer no entry to a medicore entry. I think that filling in less than perfect stuff just waters down the good stuff we have, so expect a lot fo rejections. But Id love to read what people have to offer.

I do have a big story for Herne but it isnt finished. The entries in the Bestiary for the Perversions of Men and the Centaur section are from the intro of Herne's story.

3. loocas

loocas Chieftain

There were tons of rejections in the Community Request Building thread, so people should expect that here, but you grabbed a lot of good material out of there.

4. MagisterCultuum

MagisterCultuum Great Sage

Of these, only Alexis is actually tied to Aeron. Werewolves are a creation of Camulos. The Avatar of Wrath would also be under Camulos, as he is (i.e., was retconned to be) the Archangel of Chaos.

Adventures may be a Grigori UU, but it is Tali who is their patron god.

5. loocas

loocas Chieftain

Speaking of rejections:

I failed many times at writing this. Read it here.

6. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

I might give this a try later. Not really inspired right now.

7. Jabie

Jabie Wanted in Monte Carlo...

Sounds like a challenge...

Ice Elemental

It was composed solely of ice so we didn't think it would be a problem. Surely, we reasoned, it would yield to our many maces and war-hammers. We should have known better.

Petersen died first; a razor sharp icicle pierced his shield as he was parrying. Thomas fared little better. A wayward arm bludgeoned him to the floor. The thing seized Hutch by the shoulders and silenced his screams with a blast of icy vapour. He died of asphyxiation moments later.

But worst of all was that glassy frame, which reflected those images of terror with uncanny precision. To this day, I cannot use my shaving mirror without first suppressing a shiver.

-Connors, Private (2nd Class)

8. Jabie

The following links are for various FfH mods, so it's all non-canon. They may contain some useful odds and ends concerning, civics, resources, etc.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=315996 - Orbis Pedia thread
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=323100 - Fall Further Pedia Thread
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326169 - FF+ Art and Lore thread

These threads may be of interest, concerning minor characters in the FfH world. Again they are non-canon, though I think some of them may occur in the scenarios.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322571 - Leader Enhanced (Orbis)
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=322643 - Leaders Enhanced (FF+)

EDIT: Thought it might be quite useful to have a link to the original thread here too:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=217669 - Original pedia thread.

9. loocas

loocas Chieftain

One thing I'd like to know about is what the Necronomicon has to do with the Overlords. Lovecraft's Necronomicon ("The Book of Dead Names," not to be confused with the Necronomicon ex Mortis from The Evil Dead), had little to do with the Esoteric Order of Dagon, who the OO most closely resemble in Lovecraft's lore.

Lovecraft's Necronomicon names the Great Old Ones, which is knowledge that will destroy a human mind. It's possible that the OO's Necronomicon could name the sources of the whispers and dreams. However, from the point of view of the priests, that would go against their interests. Any revelation would undermine their manipulation of others. They need the mystery.

What makes it their shrine? How does it fit in? It's the most overt reference to Lovecraft and right now just seems like it was included as a novelty. I'd like to see it either fitted into the lore, or changed to something appropriate to OO.

The other shrines tend to be the bridge between the earthly and the divine, such as written works or stigmata. OO is odd in that the priests follow interpretations of hallucinations and dreams within dreams, rather than a known diety. From our point of view, Hemah best fills the role as bridge between earthly and divine.

10. cyther

cyther Lord of the Dance

I think that the Necronomicon tells you everything that happened in Erebus. Main points being the death of the Aifons, what Ceridwen is thinking about, 42 and, the secret game mode that doubles the number of civs and shows unique graphics for every unit in the game.

11. loocas

loocas Chieftain

That has to be it. Does it explain how elephants always know what tile I plan on moving my scout to?

12. loocas

loocas Chieftain

All right, here's an attempt to rationalize the Necronomicon.

It's posted over on the Random Stories & Fragments here.

13. loocas

loocas Chieftain

Hastur's Razor
    "Pain should be multiplied beyond necessity."

14. Jabie

Absolutely no idea what you'd use this one for, except for Taunt or Sing (which I think both have entries already) but it sets up the next entry...

"The Belseraph take great delight in constructing simple rhymes and songs designed to puncture the pride of their target. Often acutely observed, Mockery Rhymes will typically pick on some unpleasant failing in the victim's past. That such rhymes are taught to children is bad enough, but the true insult is in the insidious tune that accompanies them. A particularly cruel trick played by some Belseraph courtiers is to whistle the tune in the presence of a foreign diplomat. Only later, when the victim is mindlessly humming it, do they add the words."

Tales from Erebus, Carlos Menec

-------

Hellfire

Fire light, fire bright,
    Weaves destruction in it's flight
    Sends the wicked to their plight
    Damns the wrong and dooms the right

Belseraphs Mockery Rhyme concerning the fall of Bhall, often used to goad Bannor and Clan warriors.

15. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

For Gurid:

Spoiler :
    "From what we can tell, Gurid used to be just a normal gorilla. We suspect he probably grew up close to a body mana node or was the subject of an experiment by an unskilled mage. All we know, is that he's hungry and we're out of bananas. We advise the citizens of this city to not wear yellow for the foreseeable future. Thank you." - Governor Biram Akebal of Vallus

16. loocas

loocas Chieftain

Haha, those are great, jabie & cypher. Perhaps for Gurid something could be said like, "he's outgrown the bananas, and we're advising people to stop wearing yellow."

17. cypher132

cypher132 Chieftain

You know, I think I'll add that in. Gurid doesn't seem to be something you should take too seriously. I've never actually seen him attack a civ, more just wandered around like a normal gorilla would.

18. Skitters

Skitters Chieftain

...I couldn't help but not check out the lyrics to Imagination's "Just an Illusion" single, I quite like this bit

"Could it be a picture in my mind? Never sure exactly what I'll find.
    Only in my dreams I turn you on. Here for just a moment then you're gone."

though for the most part, the lyrics are pretty much "Could it be that it's just an illusion putting me back in all this confusion?"

Anyhow curiosity demanded I check the video for it out

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x8jtt_imagination-just-an-illusion_music

I've now got a very different impression of how the Svart mage line should really look. Keep them as female....but I think leopard skin prints and spangly gold waistcoats should be a real must for them.... ;)

19. Jabie

Trust

The Trust Glamour is a strange one, inasmuch as it reveals far more about those that deal with the one enchanted than the enchanted themselves. The Khazad see a propserous merchant, noble and sound in all his business dealings. The Lanun and Grigori see valiant heroes, wandering the world Agares-may-care swagger. For the Doviello, a magnifcent warrior, fresh from the field of battle. With the Sheaim, the glamour amplifies paranoia, causing mistrust in everyone save the target. Strangest of all is the Infernal reaction. Despite seeing through the deception, the demons cannot help but admire the cynicism of anyone who would resort to such a spell.

20. Rasta69

Rasta69 Chieftain

Task Master

The ground ahead fell away before me. Instead of the gentle slope I had prayed for, there was only a steep drop into the fast flowing rapids below. Crashing through the undergrowth my persuer merely grinned at me when he realised I was trapped. "Ho ho, you nearly got me with those rocks! But It looks like the chase ends here, unless you plan to grow some wings!", he chuckled as he advanced. Without hesitation I lept into the gorge. Even death was better than getting dragged back to the slave pens. As I plummeted the beauty of the river entranced me. So much that I barely noticed when a strong pair of arms locked themselves around my waist twisting me to stare at that face. "Your not getting away that easy!"