fast city growth

warlord
50% fast unit productoin
20 free units
less resistance

explorer
free navigatoin 1+2 recon units and warior
free sentry to all all units

I think three traits would be great, but as a variation I would like to see one or two general traits belong to the civ, and the remainder belonging to the leader. Eg. The English having the base trait of Expansive, with Elizabeth having the remaining traits of Philosophical and Financial. Then you could have a selection of up to 5 leaders that add their own unique flavours to the base flavour for the civ.

I would love this idea of 3 traits. It would be just like Civ 2 all over again (ie, aggressive/militaristic/expanionist). Genghis could become: Aggressive/Charismatic/Imperialistic.

I would absolutely love a Nomadic trait too. I think that would create fantastic variety in the game. Genghis could then become Aggressive/Imperialistic/Nomadic or Aggressive/Charismatic/Nomadic.

Nomadic:
*no supply costs.
*allows for a settler like camp unit that can also work the terrain as a population 1 city. They can stack (to create more population, ie, stack 4 together to make a size 4 camp or leave them seperate as 4 seperate camps) and can also turn back into a settler.
*city maintanence and(or) civic costs trippled.
*power rating is not tied to population. (something that annoys me with the Genghi Khan scenario: if you don't capture cities, they wont become a Vassal because your power rating is always low).

I don't know, something like that. Obviously done in such a way that it is balanced, but playable within the normal game. It would make the game really unique :) What ever it turns out to be, it would be great having 3 traits and a Nomadic trait.

A big problem then will be the number of possible combination I belive. :)

Now - with 11 traits there exist 55 posible combinations of 2 traits ( still uncovered all ). With 3 traits will be 165 posibilities - and I'm sure that many people will complain about missing of some possible combination. ;)

Regards all

StarWorms, Seafaring would make it so that, the civ with a seafaring leader would start as a coastal civ.

I lova all of those trait ideas!:goodjob: :goodjob: :goodjob:

I had modded civ3 to have 2 UUs and 3 traits. I just havent had a chance to do it yet with civ4. I love the it because now everyone is almost assuredly going to get one of the military bonuses. As is, those free promotions can be a killer if you have only peaceful traits.

can some one plaese mod this id play it
heres an idea all english leaders get protctive or patroitic

the third trait should be negative or stigmatic. FDR is polyamorous, Alex is manic depressive, Washington is compulsive liar.:mischief:

There are lots of great options for second unique units for most civilizations (many right from Civ3), preferably from different ages (though the Redcoats and Man-O-War would make a nice combo). But of course the killjoy is going to be the civ's that historically never got past the primitive stage. I mean, what would the second Inca, Aztec or Zulu UU's be? Llama Knight (only Str 6, but no horses required!), Immigrant Worker (can cross water tiles!) and, uh.... Impi Mk.II? And unfortunately it's not like you can add multiple UU's to one civ and not to the others.

Unless... you tied each UU to a leader, so when you choose a leader you're choosing a UU as well as traits. Hmmmmm...

i had wierd idea the other day all units where uu s

we could have a uu for each era ,civilizatoin and leader
so eg
england
era spitfire
civ redcoats
churchill shamans (tanks)

kristopherb said:
Can some one plaese mod this. I'd play it.

You can mod it yourself. It is a simple as adding a couple of lines of text to ONE file. It doesn't get any easier than that. There are even tutorials if you need them.

Roger Bacon

Colossian said:
Try Scenario, Rise of Rome. It has 3 traits.

That's what re-kindled my interest. I uploaded my own 3 traits mod to the file database, so if anyone's looking for it, head there.

Slax said:
I don't agree with three traits per leader. With more traits, the less variability between leaders. This just sounds like people want all the bonuses.
I tend to agree with this. Two traits seems good.

Apart from many UB's (Incan Terace with its +2 cultured granary for one instance), there's also enough Wonders that give you the opportunity to taste the flavor of a third trait (Parthenon gives you "half" the Philosophical trait, Stonehenghe lets you get an early though very temporary half Cultural benefit, Hanging Gardens lets you taste of the Expansionist trait, The Great Wall does well for the Imperialistic trait, the Great Lighthouse and Temple of Artemis give you some financial flavor,...). So you can try and get those if you like.

There's already enough versatility in the game that would make a third trait superfluous, I think.

Jaca

Figured it would be helpful to post a direct link to where I put the file. It's right here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=1157

if you're interested. If not, that's okay. I know lots of folks are a bit more attached to the idea of leaders with two traits rather than three, and it doesn't bother me that they don't really care for the idea. I just wanted to try something new, and thus far, it seems quite fun. One side benefit I've noticed is that "supplementary" traits like protective, expansive, or creative that aren't normally considered some of the better traits can actually be pretty helpful when supplementing more "robust" traits like industrious, and because you get three traits, you aren't left wondering if you got shafted out of a more directly useful trait.

Gives all civ leaders 3 traits instead of two. Game balance and character have been adhered to whilst making these changes, so you still aren't going to find anyone with philosophical/industrious or anyone with charismatic/imperialistic/aggressive (despite how much Ghengis cries for it). Simply paste this over your old Leaderheads XML file.

Changes are as follows:
Alexander: Charismatic, Aggressive, Philosophical
Asoka: Spiritual, Organized, Imperialistic
Augustus: Organized, Creative, Imperialistic
Bismarck: Expansive, Industrious, Protective
Brennus: Charismatic, Spiritual, Aggressive
Catherine: Creative, Imperialistic, Financial
Churchill: Charismatic, Protective, Industrious
Cyrus: Charismatic, Imperialistic, Creative
Elizabeth: Financial, Philosophical, Creative
Frederick: Organized, Philosophical, Creative
Gandhi: Spiritual, Philosophical, Charismatic
Ghengis Khan: Aggressive, Imperialistic, Expansive
Hannibal: Charismatic, Financial, Aggressive
Hatsepshut: Spiritual, Creative, Protective
Huayna Capec: Industrious, Financial, Aggressive
Isabella: Spiritual, Expansive, Imperialistic
Julius Caesar: Organized, Imperialistic, Expansive
Kublai Khan: Aggressive, Creative, Expansive
Louis XIV: Industrious, Creative, Spiritual
Mansa Musa: Financial, Spiritual, Protective
Mao: Expansive, Philosophical, Organized
Mehmed: Expansive, Organized, Spiritual
Montezuma: Aggressive, Spiritual, Expansive
Napoleon: Aggressive, Charismatic, Organized
Peter: Philosophical, Expansive, Imperialistic
Qin Shi Huang: Industrious, Financial, Protective
Ramses: Spiritual, Industrious, Protective
Ragnar: Aggressive, Financial, Expansive
FDR: Industrious, Organized, Charismatic
Saladin: Protective, Spiritual, Organized
Shaka: Expansive, Aggressive, Organized
Stalin: Industrious, Aggressive, Organized
Tokugawa: Aggressive, Protective, Spiritual
Victoria: Financial, Imperialistic, Expansive
Wang Kon: Protective, Financial, Expansive
Washington: Charismatic, Expansive, Financial
Ehh, what is wrong with Aggressive/Charismatic/Imperialistic? Seriously, you don't seem to have a problem with having the Aggressive/Charismatic combination in the lists. Of all the over the top warmonger combinations it is definitely Aggressive/Charismatic. If that is allowed - and allowed for many leaders I might add - then Agg/Char/Imp should definitely be allowed. To have Agg/Cha for numerous leaders and not Agg/Cha/Imp throws the balance right out the window imo. I could not play with it with those trait combinations. Agg/Cha is too powerful or the others are not powerful enough.

Having said that, I am still surprised that Charismatic/Imperialistic is actually in the main game...

EDIT: I wouldn't give:
Hannibal Aggressive.
Stalin Organised.

I would give:
Julius Charismatic instead of Expansive. Expansive with Imperialistic is a little too much. Exp/Imp would probably be appropriate for Victoria though.

Interesting combination giving Shaka Agg/Exp/Org - especially with his UB. Also, why is Augustus and Asoka Imperialisitic? Strange choices. Juilius was the empire builder, Augustus predominantly ran and developed the already existing empire. I know Asoka was a conqueror, but he became a spiritual person who was against war. I think he should either be represented as a conqueror or a spiritual leader - not a combination of both.

AriochIV said:
But of course the killjoy is going to be the civ's that historically never got past the primitive stage. I mean, what would the second Inca, Aztec or Zulu UU's be? Llama Knight (only Str 6, but no horses required!), Immigrant Worker (can cross water tiles!) and, uh.... Impi Mk.II?

This cracks me up. It's the funniest comment I have seen in a while. Just the concept of a Llama Knight. Does the Llama get an added bonus for spitting? :lol:

I thought up agreat idea for the UU's the other day.
It was, That no civ gets a UU assigned to them, instead they must develope a tech that lets them build a wonder that gives them a UU.
Now the only problem would be players getting too many of these and having a military edge, the solution that I thought up would be that you would be limited to one of these wonders.
It would require some Python, Xml, & some editing to the SDK (So the AI goes for these Wonders).
What do you think.;)

It's funny, but this actually got me thinking about Tropico. I'm not sure if many people here have played it, but the leaders in that game got a number of positive traits as well as negative traits. For Civ however, I think the best idea I've heard so far is giving Civs 1 trait to add to their leader's two traits. Everyone still ends up getting 3 traits. The only issue I can see with that is when the leaders traits overlap with the Civ they are assigned to...

Top Bottom