Wishlist for things to be adressed in a (possible) comming Civ6 Final Game Update/BugFix Patch

Zegangani

King
In Response to the interesting Discovery of 2 new unknown Civ6 DLC Deposits discussed in Two new DLCs of Civilization VI after NFP?, and the possibility of a Final Update Patch for Civ6, I wanted to open this Thread so Players can post their Wishlist and hopes of things that might get adressed in that Update or with the possible 2 new DLCs (no matter what they're going to be).

As a Civ6 Modder, my Biggest hope is a release of the Gameplay Source Code, the DLL, which could fix most of what's in my whishlist, but I'll put them in anyway in case the Civ6 DLL won’t be released. So, here's my Wishlist:

Biggest/Most Important Bugs to fix:
  • Fix the Asset Limit Bug, where the Game starts to crash of it has more than a fixed amount of Assets (Not necessarily from Mods, Players had Issues even with this only with the Game`s DLCs).
  • Fix the Visual Bugs, where Assets are either missing or distorted.
  • Fix the constant Game Crashes (even without Mods/DLCs, and seemingly unrelated to the Asset Limit Bug).
  • Fix Crashes from playing on Maps larger than Huge.
  • Fix the constant Desyncs in Multiplayer (or reduce them).
Gameplay Updates/Fixes:
  • More Balanced Game (like Tall vs Wide, Game Modes...etc.).
  • Fix Barbarian Clans Bugs.
  • Fix Monopoly Bugs (OP Tourism and AI not improving Resources).
  • Fix the “Make Deal more equitable” Bug.
  • Fix the “Iternal Next Turn Processing” Bug, where the Game seems to be trapped in a loop or something and doesn’t proceed to the next Turn.
  • Fix City-States moving your Units out of their Borders when you liberate them.
  • Fix Unit Pathfinding Bugs, like when you select a Unit to move to Tile A;B it instead goes all the way around to W,Z.
AI Fixes/Improvements:
  • Fix AI using Civilian Units to discover the Map and pop-out Goody Huts.
  • Fix AI forward settling other Civs and Loyalty loose Cities because of the bad location, and/or Improve AI Settlement behavior in general.
  • Fix AI Units locked in City-Centers after the City turns into a Free City.
  • Fix AI Cities building Naval Units in Cities on small Lakes.
  • Improve AI Naval Combat.
  • Improve AI Air Combat.
  • Make AI prepare for War before declaring it, and send reinforcement when needed.
  • Fix AI giving Favor Points a too much high Value in the early Game, where they buy them for a high amount of Gold.
Internal (Hardcoded) Bugs (In case we don't get the DLL):
  • Fix the not working Database stuff, such as some Database Items (Like AI Favored Techs/Civics), Effects, requirements (Owner/subject for Loyalty and Tourism and Trade Routes), Hardcoded Global Parameters (like AI not making use of stackable Units, or passive religious spread or workable tiles radius)…etc.
  • Fix the not working lua stuff, such as buggy Methods/Objects (like Command Actions not working for AI, changing tile ownership doesn’t allow for plot modifiers to work...etc.).
Modding Wish List:
  • Lua API/Documentation.
  • Database Documentation (like how AI Behavior Trees work, and how to mod new AI Behaviors).
  • Expose more Lua Events/Methods/Objects…etc. (especially for AI, Trade Routes, Espionage, and Diplomacy – particularly, more set than get methods)
  • Expose more Gameplay changing Database Tables (like more moddable Trade Routes, Espionage, Grievaces, Religion), Effects, Requirements…etc. (especially for AI, Trade Routes, Espionage, and Diplomacy)
  • More ways of interaction between the Database and Lua, like with the Plot Property Requirement (used in the Black Death Scenario, I which we got more of these) and the Table Columns that trigger lua Functions or the other way around.
  • Release the rest of the Game Assets (including NFP Assets), and update/expand the Art Assets Documentation.
  • Fix the Bugs in the Asset Editor that make it prone to constant Crashes.
  • Expand dynamic Appearance with Selection Criteria to most other Artdef Items (like Terrain, any Infrastructure and Units), and a Tool to make custom Criteria.
  • Release the Gameplay DLL Source Code (or at least the Database DLL).
  • And of course, the release of the AI DLL (if it's not part of the Gameplay Source Code).

Very comprehensive list.

I'm stuck with playing Civ 6 on console, so I'd be satisfied with major bug fixes being addressed that prevent full use of the product that I purchased.

The Monopolies and Corporations NFP DLC AI-not-improving-luxuries-until-Economics bug is especially infuriating, as it was paid DLC that was broken on release and never addressed.

Other things that are vital for quality-of-life improvements on console

- Cultural Industries Dramatic Ages Dark Age card that creates the 999+ District production bug
- Classical Age 150% AI Science typo focus that breaks AI early game tactics at expense of everything else
- text typos on Tech Tree for Siege Tactics - Two Trebuchets/Two Bombards and Three Musketmen/Three Line Infantry - ?Replacement Parts
- visual bug where Volcano eruption animation no longer plays
- list of cities/CS for assigning governors is truncated on console, requiring toggling down by blindly counting outside of the visual field once the list gets too long
- console has no "Force End Turn" function, so the pathfinding error often creates situations where two units out of movement points both occupy the same tile creating a locked situation where the turn won't proceed, requiring manual reloading of the turn
- AI undervalues luxuries chronically when selling, perpetually selling extra copies to to the player for just over 1 GPT
- AI will often trade every asset they have during trade screen for initiating a Joint War
- hard coded 40 unit trade limit for strategic resources for the AI on every Game Speed breaks the economy on Marathon, as the 40 unit trade cap is not enough for the AI to build a single unit requiring Strategics (base cost 60 units each).

Two very, very strong lists above. How these bugs are still in the game in 2022 is beyond me.

Gameplay Updates/Fixes:
  • More Balanced Game (like Tall vs Wide, Game Modes...etc.).
  • Fix Barbarian Clans Bugs.
  • Fix Monopoly Bugs (OP Tourism and AI not improving Resources).
  • Fix the “Make Deal more equitable” Bug.
  • Fix the “Iternal Next Turn Processing” Bug, where the Game seems to be trapped in a loop or something and doesn’t proceed to the next Turn.
  • Fix City-States moving your Units out of their Borders when you liberate them.
  • Fix Unit Pathfinding Bugs, like when you select a Unit to move to Tile A;B it instead goes all the way around to W,Z.
Let me add how sometimes suzerainity of a CS will not give you vision of the city state. Incredibly frustrating. I believe it comes when you met the city state through war with it's suzerain, and if you take it yourself it will not give you any vision.

- AI will often trade every asset they have during trade screen for initiating a Joint War
This also applies with join ongoing war as well. They will literally give you free gold for them to join your war. Lol.

Absolutely crucial if Firaxis ever wants to see another penny out me:

* Fix science bug. Maybe I'm just going nuts and it's there, but I was shocked to see not see it on the list. If they don't fix it...they'll never sell another game to me again.

Very important if Aspyr wants to see my money again:

* Fix governor selection bug on Switch. Really annoying that I can't play GS on the big screen.

* Fix road graphic bug on Switch. Call me petty, but it just really bugs me that I have to perpetually see such an obvious problem everytime I play. Plus it becomes difficult to tell what kind of road/railroad I'm looking at.

They all have one thing in common: the respective companies broke something after I paid for the game, have had plenty of time to fix it, and haven't.

I'm also struggling to find the bullet point option on this new interface? At least, on mobile.

Absolutely crucial if Firaxis ever wants to see another penny out me:

* Fix science bug. Maybe I'm just going nuts and it's there, but I was shocked to see not see it on the list. If they don't fix it...they'll never sell another game to me again.

Very important if Aspyr wants to see my money again:

* Fix governor selection bug on Switch. Really annoying that I can't play GS on the big screen.

* Fix road graphic bug on Switch. Call me petty, but it just really bugs me that I have to perpetually see such an obvious problem everytime I play. Plus it becomes difficult to tell what kind of road/railroad I'm looking at.

They all have one thing in common: the respective companies broke something after I paid for the game, have had plenty of time to fix it, and haven't.
I'll add on to this and say "Fix hall of fame bug on Switch". Since the expansions have come out, my games fail to save to the hall of fame like 80% of the time.

I'll add on to this and say "Fix hall of fame bug on Switch". Since the expansions have come out, my games fail to save to the hall of fame like 80% of the time.
Yeah that's true, although for me personally it's less of a deal breaker, even if it does annoy me.

I've noticed though that it seems to cap the number of games saved to it. If it does update with the stats of a new game, it'll erase an old one. Took a while of whack-a-mole until I realised what was happening and gave up.

Fixing bugs in NFP game modes

Fixing the bug where ai favors science districts too much

Give ai players more bonuses for higher difficulties, like more loyalty, more bonuses agains barbs, less upkeep for units etc.

What "Final Game Update". I thought this game was dead? Did I miss a Firaxis announcement?
No, the game is still alive and running in multiplayer. There's still statistics and conversations about it on other social media apps like Facebook, or reddit even.

I remember one of such lists compiled already quite some time ago after the last patch.
Collated list of remaining issues

Everything mentioned there is still valid.
I completely forgot about that one!

Though I think a new Thread would still have a stronger message, if any, to the Devs than an old one. And listing our most important lists of things to fix/update, instead of listing all of them, would perhaps help the devs know what our Priorities are.
(It seems that I overdid it with my List, but trust me, I actually held back with it, what I listed there is just the tip of the Ice-Berg 😅)

What "Final Game Update". I thought this game was dead? Did I miss a Firaxis announcement?

And keep in mind it is just a possible final update.

Well, if I'm ever going to chime in on Civ 6, it might as well be now.

If Firaxis ever wants another dime out of me, they'll:
* Fix the Religion Victory mode so that EVERY Civ can have a Religion and that there are ENOUGH RELIGIOUS BELIEFS to compensate for this. I.E. 20+ Civs can ALL have Religions and compete in Religious Victory. That, or GET RID OF the Religious Victory altogether (or at the very least, do either of those things for Civ 7). In my opinion, Civ 6 should never have shipped with the Religious Victory in the condition it was. Completely unacceptable and utterly baffling game design.

If Firaxis ever wants another dime out of me, they'll:
* Fix the Religion Victory mode so that EVERY Civ can have a Religion and that there are ENOUGH RELIGIOUS BELIEFS to compensate for this. I.E. 20+ Civs can ALL have Religions and compete in Religious Victory. That, or GET RID OF the Religious Victory altogether (or at the very least, do either of those things for Civ 7). In my opinion, Civ 6 should never have shipped with the Religious Victory in the condition it was. Completely unacceptable and utterly baffling game design.

At the very least allow Kongo to win a religious victory if it eliminates the founder of the religion.
By the time NFP comes along with all its game modes, Kongo is very disadvantaged.

- Fix the Music bug with latter NFP civs not operating on the same channel (most visible when they overlap in Hotseat)
- Fix the bug with small overlay icons when a city is flipping, also with latter NFP civs.
- Don't forget Culture Industry bug either!

The rest I agree with OP.

Top Bottom