Witcher mod suggestion and mechanic wishlist

Civnu

Chieftain
I have no idea how to mod, but I know what would work and wouldn't work. And I think a Witcher mod / scenario would work very well if done right.

It could be done in two ways as I see it:
1: Cities already assigned and aligned like on the map
2: Map generator, but new techs and stuff

How it would work:

The Eras and units:

Early game is like ancient era in normal civ. Barbarians are monsters though, and deal more damage etc with a higher spawn rate. The ancient era rounds up in one tech, instead of the normal tech tree. That tech is the Witcher tech. It is boosted by losing a city or 7 improvements to monsters. It is required to progress into the classical era. The Witcher tech opens up for training of Witchers in the special district. It unlocks the first Witcher district, the Witcher School. It is required for witcher training. The first Witcher unit can only attack monsters, which it kills in 2 or 3 hits taking low damage. Only 2 Witcher units can be on the map at this point (per civ). Culture and science is gained at monster kills (if it's a scenario, also VP is gained.) Witchers can move in all territory and has a movespeed of 3.

A strategy at war time, as Witchers can't attack human units, is to place them so the enemy has to attack them. Their superior strength will require more units to deal with them. Witchers can only heal after 2 turns not taking damage, due to meditation, so they are not unkillable if fortified.

In the classical era (still like vanilla civ 6) you can research the technology Witcher Schools. It opens up for buildings to be built within the Witcher school districts, and are of course the school of the bear, wolf, cat and gryffin. You can only build one of the schools in the district. Bear witchers one shots all monsters and has a movespeed of 2. Can melee attack cities, but only when the walls are down. Cat witchers ignores terrain cost, has 3 moves and can attack units. They still 2 or 3 shots monsters, but takes significantly more damage in doing so. Griffin school witchers can also ranged attack enemy units and monsters with a crossbow. Wolf witchers are mounted on a horse, has 5 or 6 movements, and have a very high defense rating. When clearing monster nests they get bonus research and culture points (and VP). (This should be late classical, maybe the opener for medieval?)

The game doesn't progress after the renaissance era, and the last civic opens up for a policy that makes all witchers able to attack all enemy units regardless of class.

Maybe the techs and wonders should be different as well, but havnt given it much thought. Thought most of this out while writing.

Northern kingdoms could like be able to have one more witcher than everyone else. Feel free to completely destroy my dream for this thing, criticize or maybe contribute to the idea? :)

Top Bottom