With Civ VI around the corner, how many hours total do you have?

How many hours have you played Civ V?

• 0-100

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • 100-250

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 250-500

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • 500-1,000

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 1,000-2,000

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • 2,000-4,000

Votes: 13 25.0%
  • 4,000-6,000

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • 6,000-8,000

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • 8,000-10,000

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over 10,000 hours

Votes: 3 5.8%

• Total voters

Kevin J

Hewer of Wood
A recent post on the Civilization facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/civ/posts/10154423119100359) asked how many hours do you have playing Civ V.

I know we had a thread here years ago on this topic, but with the years passed, and Civ VI due in two weeks, it is time for this again. Old poll responses are out of date ... but now that the new Civ is coming, and Firaxis is asking the question, so too should the CivFanatics answer:

How many hours have you played Civ V? Answer the poll, and if you wish say exactly how many hours, post a screenshot, or link to your Steam profile.

I hope there is someone here with more hours than me (currently 11,020 hours according to Steam) ... but this is the CivFanatics site, I know one of you has to top this!

Spoiler :

upload_2016-10-7_17-1-44.png

I have just over half of yours - 5,521.

(Shhh - don't tell my wife!)

7,200 but the game has been out years. (and that's my excuse), glad hours spent on Civ 1/2/3/4 call to power etc are not recorded as well.....

Guess I don't play much, only 2400, and some of that time is the game running while I'm afk for quite a while

A mere 5800 hours for a mods test-driver, who STILL can't get EUI or other 'advanced' mods to download properly .

I have 5300 hours, but somehow my clock got restarted at some point. So I know it's more, probably in the 7500 hours range. But hell, I still play Civ I every now and then.

I thought I was bad. Wow! you guys are ridiculous!

All the more reason I'll buy civ 6 when it comes out. I know I'll get my money out of it eventually.

Oh wait... CivBE....... crap

Steam does it for you, but that number will be wrong if, for example, you regularly play off-line or, at the other extreme, leave the game running when you go to sleep.

Steam does it for you, but that number will be wrong if, for example, you regularly play off-line or, at the other extreme, leave the game running when you go to sleep.

Or if you started playing from Civilization's initial release. :old:

Steam does it for you, but that number will be wrong if ... you leave the game running when you go to sleep.

I play when I'm asleep, but Steam doesn't know!

Seriously, I have had civ dreams :wow:

My total is run up because I'll start playing a game in the morning, play for a bit, and then go do stuff. So it can be sitting there for a while and while I am not actually playing, it is still counting my hours. But I do play a lot...

Just I saw OP's screen capture, relates my mind to CIV6 installation. Are we distributed with a download version of a disc version if I get the box from retail shop downtown or from Amazon for instance? Or we only have the only choice of Steam?

I always prefer a disc installation. Don't mind downloading patches later from Steam or other online resources.

If you buy from Amazon or a retail shop you will get a disc DVD(*) version and then download patches, other online sources I am not sure about. With Steam no media/discs will be provided so it's download only for the entire game.

*Unless you buy from Amazon UK apparently, we get it on CD ROM (so only 15-20 CDs), but it runs on Windows 98 / 2000 / 7 / XP / ME. I think they need to update the description :)

Top Bottom