1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

With the changes to Great People, would you like to have seen something similar for Great Works?

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by MistroPain, Oct 7, 2016.

1. MistroPain

MistroPain Chieftain

Hi everyone,
    Just curious about what you guys think of the Great Works. Do you think they should have approached things in a similar way to Great People (making Great Works unique, giving special buffs) or do you think it would have overcomplicated things?

For me personally I would love to have seen Great Works be approached in unique ways. It'd give you a reason to consider where to place them, e.g. placing the 'Footstep of the Apostle' in a city where you create your Missionaries could give those missionaries bonus conversion everytime a charge is spent; attaching the 'True Cross' to a support unit could give all nearby units bonus strength against units from a different religion; etc.
    That being all said, there is the potential for this to overcomplicate things. But I like complicated things :p

MarcosQuadros likes this.
  2. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I like that they added more variety of great works--like sculpture, relics, religious art, etc.--but I think making each great work have unique stats would be excessive personally.

Atlas627 likes this.
  3. MistroPain

MistroPain Chieftain

I agree that it feels nicer, more fine-tuned than it was previously, but it feels somewhat lacking when compared to Great People.

4. Zaarin

Zaarin Chief Medical Officer, DS9

I feel like coming up with interesting unique traits to great works would be difficult. What should be the statistical difference between Mona Lisa and The Girl with the Pearl Earring? Between The Odyssey and The Aeneid? I think it works best the way it is.