1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

With whom you've actually won a game?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Veras, Feb 2, 2014.

1. Veras

Veras Prince

So far I have won only with:

Vanilla
    Arabia, the Ottomans, France and Egypt (with the exception Egypt, all of these games were played during vanilla, about 2 years ago)

Gods and Kings
    Ethiopia and the Maya (I've won with Pacal a few weeks ago)

Brave New World
    Indonesia and Brazil

Yeah, I realized that may be too little for my 567 hours played. This is reflective of the amount of games I abandon (and the few I lose). I've already abandoned some games with the Inca, the Celts, Spain, Persia and Byzantium that were pretty much finished, but not officially won.

I hope you have won more games than I.

2. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

I won:

The Netherlands(Three times)
    Murica
    Huns
    Rome
    Maya
    England

I'M EVEN WORSE

3. Autoclave

Autoclave Warlord

770 hours played, it's easier to tell what civs i've been ignoring most of times, never actually finishing a game with them:

Assyria, Carthage, Celts, China, Denmark, Ethiopia, Greece, Huns, India, Indonesia, Japan, Morocco, Netherlands, Ottomans, Songhai, Sweden, Zulu.

I don't like the mechanics of many of these civs, they either feel borring or way too cheap. I have no love for free religion givs.

4. Mahnogard

Mahnogard Chieftain

I've only got about 100 hours in the game. So far I've won with Germany and the Celts.

With Germany I picked the civ because the UA allows me to build a small army early, for basically free other than whatever maintenance wasn't offset by honor. I was going for domination, because it's something I'm trying to get better at. Instead, Bismarck took me to a cultural victory, despite Ceasar's endless denounce / DoW / peace loop. But those free units from the ancient era, kept upgraded by trade route gold, happily defended my cities as I was hosting the World's Fair and the International Games.

The Celts were chosen because I was going to use religion to boost culture and happiness on my way to a cultural victory. I ended up winning that cultural victory, but I would have nailed a science victory had I not gotten the CV when I did.

Yes, that's right - only two wins. I came from Civ III, essentially. I tried Civ IV back when it came out but didn't really get into it. I really like V, but right now I'm very much into trying out different things, exploring the mechanics and examining the repercussions of certain decisions. Seeing how things work rather than using a working strategy. I'm still on the lower difficulties for now, and I have no issue with retiring and starting a new game if something just doesn't feel right or isn't working out.

5. pyroflare77

pyroflare77 King

Technically I've won with every civ, but around 10-15 of those were scrapped games out of frustration with me "winning" by doing a 1-turn 2v1 game for an instant time victory to get the achievements. Thinking about it, the game where I played as France was the only one that I couldn't make a comeback... Egypt completely shut me down in that one.

6. MattZed

MattZed Warlord

According to Steam, I haven't won with:
    Rome
    Greece
    India
    Ottomans
    Denmark
    Assyria (I recall winning a game as them, may have been offline at the time)
    Zulus

I think I'll actually make a goal of mine to win as each of these civs within the next two weeks. You'd think that in 563 hours of playtime I'd have done it by now.

7. joncnunn

joncnunn Senior Java Wizard Moderator

In the main game, I've won as every civ other than the Zulu and Mongols.

I've also won the Mongolian scenario (so I got credit for the Mongol achievement), two of the civs within the Polynesia civ (I forgot which ones); and as Korea in the Korean scenario.

I've skipped most of the scenarios.

8. seanflokstra7

seanflokstra7 Prince

How can I check that on steam?

9. MattZed

MattZed Warlord

I just looked through my achievements and noted which "Beat the game on any difficulty setting as leader such-and-such" achievements I didn't have. The Vanilla achievements are clumped together, as are G&K and BNW. The DLC civ achievements are in-between.

10. Brettapod

Brettapod Chieftain

Here's my list

Arabia
    Aztec
    Babylon
    Brazil
    China
    France
    Greece
    Inca
    India
    Indonesia
    Iroquois
    Japan
    Poland
    Portugal
    Rome
    Russia
    Shoshone
    Siam
    Venice

11. Oridan

Oridan Chieftain

I've got 554 hours played, and I recently got the last "finish a game as this civ" achievement. I have been actively been working on getting there though, only rarely playing a game as a civ I've played before.

Now that I've done it though, I'm unsure of what to do next. Bah.

EDIT: Have you guys ever taken a look at which steam achievements have been earned the most worldwide? The list shows which civs most people have won as at least once.

http://steamcommunity.com/stats/CivV/achievements/

The top ten:
    Spoiler :
    1. America (10.1% of players have earned this achievement.)
    2. Rome
    3. Russia
    4. Germany
    5. France
    6. Japan
    7. Egypt
    8. Greece
    9. Elizabeth
    10. India (5.5% of players have earned this achievement)

12. Memoryjar

Memoryjar Emperor

Won with every civs to my first 400 hours on Prince. Since, won with every civ in my last 400 hours from king to immortal (except Assyria).
    Next 400 hours are for every civ on Deity (Assyria include). Work in progress.

13. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

I've played almost 2000 hours and I've played at least one game with each civ.

14. mclericp

mclericp Warlord

C A R T H A G E

Seriously this civ is really OP. I have won diplomatic, cultural(lol) and science victory from them.

15. HanNorwood

HanNorwood .exe

999 hours, and victories with these civs:
    Egypt
    Korea
    Babylon
    Shoshone
    France
    Russia
    Poland
    Celts
    China
    Japan
    Rome
    Ethiopia
    India.
    Probably more, but these are the ones I recall.

16. OneRedBlock

OneRedBlock Chieftain

Venetian diplomacy, English science, Chinese and Indonesian domination. Working on a culture victory before I play anything else.

17. Veras

Veras Prince

That's surprisingly somehow, since most of the people here seems to think America as the most boring civ of the game. Anyways, considering that most of the Steam players are Americans..

18. ferretbacon

ferretbacon Obsessor

I've won with:

America
    Arabia
    Austria
    Babylon
    China
    Ethiopia
    France
    Germany
    India
    Persia
    Poland
    Polynesia
    Rome
    The Maya
    Venice

19. Doctor Doom

Doctor Doom Warlord

Arabia
    Brazil
    Poland
    Shoshone
    Maya
    Spain
    Inca
    Venice
    France
    Huns
    Persia

most of them are multiplayer wins though so I don't get the achievements. :cry:

20. thelesserevil

thelesserevil Chieftain

According to Steam, I've won with:

Arabia
    Egypt
    Ethiopia
    Greece
    The Inca
    The Maya
    Morocco
    The Netherlands
    Poland
    Polynesia
    Rome
    Venice

There's others, I'm pretty sure, but those games were modded (big earth maps, hurray!) and didn't count.