Withered promotion and healing

Arigas

Chieftain
In my game, I've got a couple paladins that have unforunatly got some ugly promotions, one of them has Withered, other has Weak. Now, from what I can see, the Cure spell is supposed to be able to remove Withered, but most if not all of my casters that have the promotion seem to not let me cast it. Button is there, but its basically not available.

I've been able to cast it once, but, the paladin still has the promotion. Also, how do I get rid of the Weak one? Bloody annoying having them on my paladins that I'm using to clear barbarian cities.

Do you have the pool of tears? Because it can remove Withered.
I think that Weak is a promotion obtained via Mutation and as such it may not be removable as if it were a disease. I'm not at all certain about that though. Withered, I've removed via the Pool of Tears or a healing spell but, iirc, perhaps that was possible because it was inflicted as part of battle damage from some Entropy user. Withered may still appear on your unit, iirc, but disappear once fully healed of battle damage sort of the way the Poisoned indicator is on a unit even though it's been cured.

I'm not too familiar with these two particular afflictions Weak and Withered, just suggesting possible reasons. So don't sue me, I'm not a doctor. I only play one on the forums. ;).

Here's an older thread discussing Mutations, go to Xienwolf's post listing what can and cannot be cured. Things may have been changed since then of course. The prognosis on Weak was not good.

The only way that I know to remove Withered is to use the Pool of Tears. Just move your unit on top of it and it will remove the promotion.

As for Weak, I think that is permanent.

Would be neat if Pool of Tears also removed Weak and Everserated... or even cursed. Would make it a Much more useful feature. One even worth going to war for.

I'd like that, it's a great idea making the pool more useful and less of a minor atmosphere location.

Nothing removes the Weak promotion.

The Heal spell does not remove Withered, Plagued or Diseased - even if cast by a High Priest.

The Cure Disease spell will remove Withered, Plagued and Diseased. Of those, Paladins are only vulnerable to Withered, but Cure Disease will remove it from them.

Arigas, is it possible that the Paladin is not Withered, but instead suffering from some other condition that you've mistaken for Withered? If not, please post a saved game with an example of this problem, because a Paladin that can't be cured of Withered is a bug.

Thanks for the suggestions. As for making sure its Withered and not something else, unless I am missing it, withered is the only negative that paladin has. I'll try to remove it using the pool of tears if I can find one. Never knew thats what those were for...

You may have confused withered with enervated. The two promotions look very similar - enervated gives -50% xp from combat. Withered gives -20% heal rate, and some -strength bonus. Withered is able to be removed, enervated isn't.

-Colin

Yea, I made sure to read it, and when I checked out the game, it turns out that there wasn't a single pool of tears to be found, so I had to add one in the world builder, and I was able to remove withered from my paladin.

Top Bottom