Wit's End

NicoTenney

Chieftain
Made a mistake and posted this over in Civ 6's tech support, whoops

Hey all, first post here,

So for the past year or so I've been unable to solve a few issues that are honestly making it hard to enjoy this game.

Firstly and chiefly, on DX 10 & 11 as well as the Win 8 versions of the game at some point between turn 50 and 100 textures will go missing. Usually it starts as the icon for a religion or a notification will just be an empty yellow circle. But given time it will consume the game replacing everything with a repeated texture or a black and red box. If quit the game at that point the main menu will just be the BNW background image scaled for each of the different textures on the menu. Starting a new game will just have more of these issues. At this point the only thing that will fix it is closing the game entirely.

I've redownloaded the game a couple times in attempt to fix it, verified files and updated drivers and so far nothing's working.

Secondly and less importantly in comparison. I can't put my game into windowed mode, when I try the game just goes black. I've tried toggling VSync and turned the settings up and down and I'd just like some help with that too.

Thanks guys.

System Specs:

Windows 10
Intel Core i7-5500U 2.40GHz (x2)
Nvidia GeForce 840M
RAM 8gb

Top Bottom