Wiz03|Quick waiter

No objections from me at least. It is safer to settle areas where there aren't barbs...

I believe the venerable Bede is up next..

Er...no...unless you want to skip me for not playing it :)

Håkon
Dominix (only weekends)
Bede
Wizard
Smellincoffee (not able to play now :( )

Sorry, 'twas going by first-page rotation. What're we going by?

The last four were:

Bede
Wizard (skipped)
Smellincoffee
Dominix

so that puts me in now (first-page rota should be edited, Wizard)

Okay, gotcha. I'll refer to that one from now on. Sorry 'bout that! :)

Hmm... Yes, I should edit the first post, although I think it's not so useful because Dominix can only play on weekends...

It's very useful - we just skip him when he isn't up. Anyway, the game won't last too long after this:

0 (500 AD): Wake 5 horsemen and send them to run riot in barbarian territory. No use having barbs on our little island.

IBT: Orleans work -> temp.

1 (510 AD): Spearman sent to defend Boston. There is iron on the Indian island, so we'll just have to take it from them. Trade peace for India for everything they've got (Monotheism, 5g, WM). Adjust sliders to 1.9.0 (-11gpt, but we've got tons of money and we need Republic fast)

IBT: Battle of Ningpo. Elite spear defeats cons barb horse 2-0, elite spear defeats cons barb horse (1) 1-0, elite spear defeats cons barb horse 2-0. Brilliant. Shantung work -> temp.

2 (520 AD): Move some units. Horsemen to charge on barb camp.

IBT: New York Galley -> Settler. Nanking Galley -> Settler. Chinan worker -> temp. Indian city of Bombay founded. We really need that city near the iron quickly.

3 (530 AD): Move more units. Set a settler to be picked up by a galley and moved over to that iron island.

IBT: Republic -> Feudalism. Sliders to 9-1-0 (not that it matters now, as we're in anarchy).

4 (540 AD): Really sorry, but Anarchy lasts for 7 gods-forsaken turns... Apparently a settler was on go-to and I settle Yangchow where it was sent to (on a wheat square). Steals some tiles from Paris and Orleans, but that's OK. Vet horse beats a Burgund cons warrior in a hut 2-0 and takes 25 gold.

5 (550 AD): Move units.

6 (560 AD): Found New Beijing north of Ningpo. Change Bangalore and Delhi to Temples - we're not gonna need those Spearmen. Move Settler-Spearman combo across to the Indian island. Swordsmen fortify outside Orleans, to be picked up later.

6 (570 AD): Move units.

7 (580 AD): Move more units.

8 (590 AD): A new barbarian hut has sprung up in the north. Chop some jungle and mine. Kill a barb cons warrior 2-2 on a mountain. Unload Settler-Spearman combo.

9 (600 AD): Kill a barb cons warrior 2-0 in a hut. Darn! Put one galley out on the ocean. Sorry about that. He survived though :)

10 (610 AD): Finally! Change to republic. Hurry temple in Philadelphia, Chengdu, Hangchow, Tatung, Paris, Xinjian, Delhi, Bangalore, Anyang, Kaifeng, Macao, Boston and Chartres. Only 27 gold left now, but it was worth it :). Saving up gold for more rushing at +38gpt. Sink a barb galley 2-0. Found New Shanghai near iron and horses. Start producing settlers. Kill conscript barb horse 1-0 with a 2 HP horse.

Summary: Well, there's gonna be a temple rush to meet you, with all the rush-building I did. Whoever saved all that money, cheers! We needed that greatly now :) I suggest invading Bombay and constantly keeping India down to one city. With our two (three, once a galley from Nanking reaches) galleys, we can easily ship our left-over troops from the world war over, and that will be more than enough to keep India at bay. If I may be so bold as to say so, we have absolutely no enemies who are strong enough on our continent, and can disband more than half of our spearman army. This will greatly reduce maintenance costs. These two decisions are left to you, however.

:) :) :)

So, the humble monk is up, I think, and he should grab this save

II checked Ghandi's defenses. One spearman in his capital, an archer/warrior combo in Bangalore.

Got it.

Will play tomorrow evening, Monday, December 8.

Let me know if there is anything I should or, more importantly, should not do.

85 tiles to limit. :D

[dance]

The combination of settler and temple buys puts us over the top.

Left Gandhi in peace on his lonely island.

Thank you Wizard for the entreacte before Conquests and thanks to the military geniuses out there who set me up for first SG win!!!

:king: [dance] [dance] :band: :thanx:

On to Conquests!!!

Victory is ours

Is that the turn befoere win, or...?

Zip file includes both

Way cool!

So, no turnlog...? :p

Just tell us how many turns it took for you to get us to win?

Congrats to all, you played well, and especially for Bede on his first SG win, and to Håkon for (AFAIK) his first won game on Monarch! :goodjob:

Needed nine. I will post turnlog but didn't want to bore anyone. By the time I got there the win was well set up thanks to you guys who did the hard work. I mostly pushed enter.:)

Wiz03

Preturn 630AD
Check on rush builds, Situation on island. Wake up all swords and galleys to begin preparations for Operation Overlord. Anyang and Philly are collection points

Plan of action
1)Collect Operation Overlord. Could start war with India in this series but why ruin our rep. (What rep, Gandhi hates us anyway, but honor above all else, right?)
2)Move settlers into gaps. Not going to worry about tile stealing, more about closing holes.

IT
Gandhi demands we move out of his territory-comply
Washington lib=>settler
Borders expand to fill hole in Central China
Rushed temples built. all citieis switch to libraries won't finish by gamewin but they need something to do. Can also be switched to settlers in cities close to frontier.

1)620AD
workers road mine and forest chop. Land two swords on India Isle. MOve other two swords to whack bard huts in north. Bring horsemen toward closest port city. Will use them to patrol unsettled frontier for barbs.

IT India insists that we move troops near Bombay. Yeah right Barb galleys cruise NW Frontier. Paris completes TEmple set to library Switch to settler and buy after ten turns. Border expansions have left no holes in continewntal center. Northwest frontier is only open ground left

2) 630AD Workers work and Operation Overlord boards galley at Philadelphia and Nanking. Switch Philly to settler and spend 24 gold to buy. Western China stll has a hole to fill and Philly is closest and cheapest.

IT Gandhi insists we leave environs of Bombay - we agree but promise to return. Borders expand again.

3)640AD Workers chop forest where appropriate. Buy a settler out of Delhi to snatch last tiles in NE. Workers are running out of productive things to do as most forest is gone. Only jungle is left. Move swords on mtn to continue harassment of Gandhi.

IT Gandhi insists we move. We'll be back. Barbs cruise northern coast. Bunch of settlers complete. Running out of places to put them. I wish Gandhis borders would expand so I could take Bombay and keep it.

4) 650AD Running out places to put settlers anywhere close to production sites. Workers chop and road. Move swords back to harass Bombay Stumble upon giant stack of military north of Shangtung. Stupid me. Redirect swords on Indian Isle towards Kohlapur and dispatch galley from west coast to Kohlapur. Its borders have expanded and we can take it without razing

IT Gandhi demands we leave ski resort at Bombay. Sure Nuff, but we'll be abck real soon now. Barns are cruising north coast. More settlers complete.Borders expand once more and fill in more of western China. Not much left to go!!!

5) 660AD Found New Canton in NE. Only unclaimed territory left on continenet is NW Frontier. Head settlers to Nearest port city for transfer to Indian Isle

IT

6) 670AD Mapstat shows six tiles left to go!!!
Add workers into New Beijing and buy settler.

IT Gandhi wants us off the mtn- Okay buddy, the skiing lousy anyway!!

7) 680AD Settler moves from New Delhi to End of Road in NW. Founding of city should bring us to limit.

8) 690AD Found End of Road at end of road

9) Victory is ours!!!!

This was my first SG win, too. A pity I missed the opening plays, 'cause that's I was interested in..

Wiz, going to start Wiz05? :p I joined a regent SG, but there's only two of us. (XTR1, I think.)

I think I will. But it will be on C3C. But you have it, anyway...

Way cool, as thios was my second SG victory. :D

[dance]:band:[dance]

Top Bottom