WLTKD in a 20 size metropolis

soren

The Existentialist
is it easily done?

with all 8 luxeries, and a marketplace, you get 20
with a temple, you get 1
with a cathedral and sistine chapel, you get 6
with a colluseum, you get 2
...and, depending on difficulty level, you get some "free" content after the first happy.
...and military police, depending on gov.
...and happy wonders like bach and cancer

how does it work anyway?

The thing is, i would imaging with just the 20 you'd get all happy citizens, but I don't.

Each content improvement changes a unhappy to content. Each happy EITHER changes an unhappy to content or content to Happy. Change unhappy to happy using luxury happiness requires 2 points each.

Assuming emporerr or higher, you start with one content 19 unhappy.

Temple, Cathedral + sistine, collusuem gets that to 10 content and 10 unhappy.

Luxuries with MP changes those 10 content to happy and another 5 unhappy to happy, leaving 5 unhappy still.

So, the end result is 15 happy and 5 unhappy.

You need at least half the pop to be happy (i.e.10) and ZERO unhappy pop to get WLTKD So, you will not get WLTKD from the above.

You need either 5 more content points or 9 happiness point to make that happen (9 for happiness because you cannot choose to get the unhappy to content first, it always works with changing unhappy to content to happy first before affecting the next citizen).

Cities over 20 pop r easier to get into WLTKD, because the extra citizens can be entertainers.

Originally posted by Qitai
Luxuries with MP changes those 10 content to happy and another 5 unhappy to happy, leaving 5 unhappy still.
You need either 5 more content points or...
5 more content points is not enough. More of the luxuries will go to make content people happy, and you will still have some unhappy:
Start with : 1 content 19 unhappy
After 14 content point : 15 content 5 unhappy
After 20 happy point : 17 happy 1 content 2 unhappy

You will either need 19 content and 10 happy point or
38 points all together.

Top Bottom