WMD in Iraq!

John HSOG said:
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,120137,00.html

There is your damned WMD for you Saddam apologists.

Post a non-biased and credible source next time. Also, this proves nothing, except that he had WMDs in the 1980's. We already knew that. Even if it is new, where is the proof that it was owned by Saddam? Even if was owned by Saddam, chances are there is a sticker on the side that says "Made in China for US Army."

About the sarin gas: It probably was brought in after the war began by a terrorist group. We can't blame Saddam for WMD attacks that happened after he was removed from power. And mustard gas. That is a joke. All you have to do is piss in a rag and cover your face and you'll be fine. Wouldn't be suprised if it was Ottoman gas from WWI that was in a muesam(kay, I would be suprised if it was, but my point is that mustard gas is outdated).

From Fox News

...Kimmitt said the shell belonged to a class of ordnance that Saddam's government said was destroyed before the 1991 Gulf war. Experts believe both the sarin and mustard gas weapons date back to that time...

Even Fox says that the gas was made before the First Iraq War. So what? At worste this means that Saddam missed one artillery shell(chances are it was brought in). No one's perfect.

Sadly, the U.S. government used more "weapons of mass destruction" on women and children in Waco than we have found in the whole country of Iraq. :(

Oddly enough, the use of CS nerve gas (used in Waco) is prohibited for chemical warfare by the Chemical Weapons Convention.

This occupation was never about WMD's. Why is that so hard to comprehend? :confused:

Double Barrel said:
Sadly, the U.S. government used more "weapons of mass destruction" on women and children in Waco than we have found in the whole country of Iraq. :(

Oddly enough, the use of CS nerve gas (used in Waco) is prohibited for chemical warfare by the Chemical Weapons Convention.

This occupation was never about WMD's. Why is that so hard to comprehend? :confused:

It wasn't?? :confused: :confused:
Of course it wasn't! ;)
It's about something the goverment wanted, be it oil, or the companies to rebuild Iraq, or whatever, I have no idea.

It's about stopping the bloodshed between the Sunnis and the Shi'ites. They used to be enemies, now they are joining together for a common goal. :)

tsk tsk. quote from the bbc article
"However, a senior coalition source has told the BBC the round does not signal the discovery of weapons of mass destruction or the escalation of insurgent activity.

He said the round dated back to the Iran-Iraq war and coalition officials were not sure whether the fighters even knew what it contained.

"

Double Barrel said:

Because Saddam's alleged WMD capacity was the official reason for the invasion at the time it was initiated.

mrgenius said:
He said the round dated back to the Iran-Iraq war and coalition officials were not sure whether the fighters even knew what it contained.

Which, as has already been pointed out, brings us to the most important point. If the fighters didn't know what it contained they do now, and it is more than likely that this was not a solitary shell dug up from some old battlefield. I hope and believe that the coalition troops are still prepared for chemical warfare, but I'm certain Iraqi civillians are not.

FearlessLeader2 said:
Hey! Whoa! Don't get me wrong! I'm not sayng Bush's actions are moral, just, or even ethically neutral. I'm just acknowledging that they benefit me in the extreme, and not being a hypocrite by decrying them out one side of my mouth while I thank him with the other side.

At some point in US history, possibly just after Jefferson warned against it, the government realized that it could bribe the nation with its own money, and the wealthy have owned this country ever since. The US economy has grown so large, that even the crumbs that fall from the fat-cats' mouths are enough to keep us 'dirt-po' Americans high on the hog. The two major parties in this country are owned part and parcel by business and industry, and there is nothing I can do about it. I live in a state owned fully by the Democrat party, and there is no state I can move to that is not owned by it or the Republicans, and through either of them, by business and industry.

I, and all Americans who are not independantly wealthy, are basically chattel of the plutocracy that runs 'our' nation. Our fortunes rise and fall with those of the power elite, and for all my and other fools' blather about the 2nd Amendment, we really can't do anything to change it, and even if we could, most of us wouldn't bother because as bad as it has gotten, we still have it pretty good. As long as the lights come on when we flick the switch, there's gas at the station to fill up our SUVs, and food on the grocery shore shelves, we're not going to change that attitude one whit.

We are, in a word, domesticated. The days of Davy Crockett and the Wild Frontier are over. The Minute Men are gone, the Armchair Quarterbacks have taken their place, and as long as there's Monday Night Football, that's not gonna change. If the powers that be play their cards right, and slip our freedoms out from under us slowly enough for us to take no notice untile they're gone, then when the store shelves empty, and the gas stops pumping, and the lights go out, we'll be too busy killing our neighbors for what little they have to worry about getting revenge on the ones who did this to us, and they'll be safe in their walled communites patrolled by troops that are well-fed and well-armed (with guns that explode when the right radio signal is sent, no doubt, to prevent any change of hands in power).

I know all of this, and I could tell it to everyone I know, and I have to some of them, and the reaction is always the same: 'So what?'

So I ask you, wise and goodly neighbors...

So what? What is there to be done about it? I can't and won't do anything about it. Can and will you?

Clever post, Fearless, I got to admire not only your understanding of this issue, but also your honesty in handling it. You clearly have some weight over these shoulders, and it's nice to watch when you decide to put it to work.

Regards :).

All I can say is:

Neener Neener Neener!:p

EzInKy said:
Which, as has already been pointed out, brings us to the most important point. If the fighters didn't know what it contained they do now, and it is more than likely that this was not a solitary shell dug up from some old battlefield. I hope and believe that the coalition troops are still prepared for chemical warfare, but I'm certain Iraqi civillians are not.

There are few Czech anti-chemists in Iraq proper with rest of unit stationed in Kuwait with caches full of very good czech equipment (hey1 I did not said best, even when it is... ;) ).Only problem would be time, and after first attack there would be no future problem.
Anyway, I believe that when farmer in Europe can dig out Iron Age sword or WWII bomb in working condition, why cannot Iraqian farmer dig out unexploded shell with gas?

FredLC said:
Clever post, Fearless, I got to admire not only your understanding of this issue, but also your honesty in handling it. You clearly have some weight over these shoulders, and it's nice to watch when you decide to put it to work.

Regards :).
That's nice. In the meantime, do you have an answer to my question? See, however much you or anyone else admires my candor, it doesn't change the fact that I am trapped in an untenable situation.

Well, now, wait a minute. Is my situation really that bad? I suppose I should ask someone that is not American what they think of my 'plight'. Do you envy me? Doth the lard-ass protesteth too much? After all, domesticated animals have it much better than wild ones. Until that day comes when the master's table beckons that is...

Knowing what I've said above, how many of you would trade places with me anyway? Would it be a hard choice? It's a bitter and shocking revelation to me, despite coming to me in small pieces over time. Well?

FearlessLeader2 said:
That's nice. In the meantime, do you have an answer to my question? See, however much you or anyone else admires my candor, it doesn't change the fact that I am trapped in an untenable situation.

Well, now, wait a minute. Is my situation really that bad? I suppose I should ask someone that is not American what they think of my 'plight'. Do you envy me? Doth the lard-ass protesteth too much? After all, domesticated animals have it much better than wild ones. Until that day comes when the master's table beckons that is...

Knowing what I've said above, how many of you would trade places with me anyway? Would it be a hard choice? It's a bitter and shocking revelation to me, despite coming to me in small pieces over time. Well?
Are you unemployed ?

No. Even if I was, I wouldn't leave the country. You'd have to be insane to leave the US. Even the homeless live like princes compared to some countries' middle classes.

nihilistic said:
Maybe, but it does not matter how large a cache the Bush administration manages to "find", it won't change the fact that we had gone into the war with false pretenses. Powell's presentation tothe UN and various speeches by top administration officials essentially claimed not only did Saddam have very large amounts of these weapons, but that we know exactly where they were. If Bush were to salvage whatever credibility he has left, it better be a riduculously large cache that we find before November.
unfortunately i don't think he'd need that much of a cache. if he can build a case that there may be more, you'd be surprised how many people he can convince :(

De Lorimier said:
Now that you know that this piece is old and wasn't what the White House was really looking for, could you please explain to me who here is a Saddam apologist?
I'm looking forward to this one.
yeah, we all kind of missed that insult, didn't we...

Gladi said:
Anyway, I believe that when farmer in Europe can dig out Iron Age sword or WWII bomb in working condition, why cannot Iraqian farmer dig out unexploded shell with gas?

It's not impossible, but it just doesn't seem probable. Saddam's army didn't get a chance to use a lot of their artillery during the invasion so chances that there are caches of ammunition lying around are pretty high. A case or two of shells sitting forgotten in a weapons storehouse somewhere would not be surprising in the least, and I doubt the insurgents are repleting their arms by scouring old battlefields for unexploded munitions.

Top Bottom