1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

WMD in Iraq!

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by JohnRM, May 17, 2004.

1. stratego

stratego Trying to be good.

The days of the Frontier are over, but the spirit of the Frontier is still very much alive. I think it is engrained within the American culture to shape the world in our image. Davy Crockett represented Magnifest Destiny for the westward expansion within the continent, but after reaching the west coast, the new Magnifest Destiny becomes that for the world. It is within the American culture to believe that we are good, and must use our power to spread this goodness. This was the reason why we got involved in the Spanish-American War. This is the reason why we got in the Vietnam War. This is the reason why we had the Cold War. And this is the reason why we are in Iraq today. Of course, our own agendas play an important role in decisions to go to war, but in the end the politicians can always resort to "we are good, and we are fighting evil. We are making the world more like us." I'm just pointing out what I believe, and I'm NOT being sarcastic in this post.

2. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

Yes, give them credit......they found an entire shell......sure, someone helped them out by putting it on the side of the road....but...well, it's better to know about this thing now than if it had the chance to take out several soldiers, at least.

I wonder what would have happened if we had waited until the Iraqi summer passed to launch the invasion and occupation, and had given Hans Blix and the team about five or six more months to do their work.

3. TheTruth

TheTruth Knowledge is the KEY!

WMD? :confused: Two weeks ago mustard gas caused two soldiers to get sick. Not dead, but sick. This administration is hilarious. I swear they keep a smile on my face. :crazyeye:

Why didn't GWB just say, " America is declaring war on Iraq, because the damn Dictator Saddam tried to kill my daddy. Also the people of Iraq will be rid of Saddam and his evil regime and one day be as America is." I'm sure the republicans would have went for it. They tend to back the party regardless of want's blantanly obvious.

4. The Yankee

The Yankee The New Yawker Retired Moderator

If only it were funny....

5. Zwelgje

Zwelgje Deity

This must be a very old shell, otherwise people would have died. I've heard that all biological weapons become less effective after a while as the components just break down. That probably is true for sarin as well.
    WMD have been found, I hope you consider it worth the effort for one shell...

6. Aphex_Twin

Aphex_Twin Evergreen

And one $200 billion dollar shell. That and the promise of "more to come" is just a very reassuring thought for Americans... I presume

7. yoshi74

yoshi74 Tourist from Mars

FearlessLeader2: Your posts show much insight. You wan't help from outside. Sorry, our situation here in western europe isn't any better. We are dometizied also and fear before the wild ones in the poorer countries who rival for our owner, the industry and wealth, by working longer, but for a part of the cost. Don't know what to do. If you have an idea, write me.

8. Nico92

Nico92 Warlord

It's funny cause you're talking here exactly like 19th century French colonialists. France didn't invade Africa, Asia and the Middle East to grab ressources for cheap ; no, they did so to bring civilization to the world. One century later, it's obvious they were right. :rolleyes:

9. Zeekater

Zeekater hasn't been using drugs

Keyword here is 'resort to', a goverment doesn't start a war because they are good and fighting evil, but it's easier for the public to accept a war when they are told this.

10. Nico92

Nico92 Warlord

Obviously people are knowing each other in here, but I'm brand new in here. What's the untenable situation you are trapped in ?

11. crystal

crystal Scrooge

Yeah, I'm worried if those soldiers are okay. Maybe we should send a get well card for them. :lol: ;)

I recall Bush said in one video "after all, this [Saddam] is the guy who tried to kill my dad" or something.

12. JohnRM

JohnRM Don't make me destroy you

I find it interesting that U.S. troops have roamed the country of Iraq for well over a year, finding not one artillary shell with Sarin or Mustard gas, yet only now do the terrorists find two, one with Sarin and one with Mustard gas. Of course, pay no mind that the Sarin was in binary form, which only Saddam's military could manufacture; or that of a military external of Iraq.

Also, which I have stated from the beginning, is that the real substance of this find is that shells have been found which Saddam Hussien claimed to have destroyed. END OF STORY.

13. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

Is this foolishness still going on?

John, you had best accept the facts.
    This dusty old shell is not what your noble president was looking for.
    He was looking for WMD mfg plants, nukes and a supper gun, etc.

You know, obvious stuff, not an single shell from 1979-1981!

You are making a nuke silo out of a molehill!

14. nonconformist

nonconformist Miserable

You say shells have been found that people said were destoryed? You say this is the reason we went to war?

Well, maybe someone lied. Maybe someone forgot. But you don't attack a country for that.

Bush saids Iraq had WMD. Well let me tell you a little secret: HE LIED! That does not qualify an invasion of America.

Blair said weapons could be launched within 45 minutes. You know what? HE LIED! That does not qualify an invasion of the UK.

It is all in relation.

15. CurtSibling

CurtSibling ENEMY ACE™ SLeague Staff

You've made some rum statements in your time, FL2, but this takes the cake! :crazyeye:

16. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

Why has no one anwsered this question: Where is the proof that it was Saddam's gas? Even if it was, I recall the Bush Administration saying that Iraq had something like 10,000 gallons of one type of gas alone, and that they knew where they were(in the Baghdad area). Well, where are those ones? Why did Bush lie to us? The CIA isn't stupid enough to get something THAT wrong.

17. Ossric

Ossric Hedonistic Ruler

yet, that is what they want us all to believe.

18. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

Proof that the sarin isn't Iraqi:

Remember that the gas was provduced before the First Gulf War. It also had 40% impurities. The shelf life of the sarin would then be two years, so, according to my calculations, it is impossible for the gas to be Iraqi, as Saddam's gas would have expired long ago by now, and the solidiers were injured by the sarin. If it was stale gas, they would not have been hurt.

Here is a source. It contains information about mustard gas.

19. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...

I believe that the claims were incorrect on purpose.

20. Sims2789

Sims2789 Fool me once...