WoC General Discussion

Hello!

Lands and Roads is basically operational; it's the beginning of the implementation of the suggestions by Soma (http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=181037).

Pagan religions and schisms are also basically operational;
pagan religions are civ-specific religions available from the start of the game, and schisms are a new way to found religions by splitting off denominations from the default in-game religions.

hey guys,

i have a few quastions,

the roads and lans code,
is the mod operational yet?
and what does it do?

also,
what is the pagan religion and shim code does?

:)

hi thanks for the explanation,

i know somas r n l for a log time, glad he acctually got it to be done :)

how can i make it opertional?

and can you give a little example by what does the pagan thngy does? cause im not quite sure i understood fully what you wrote...

Hello!

The L & R code is still in early stages; what works is that strategic roads are built according to the rules soma suggested, but little else (maintenance cost, movement modifiers and so on).
To make it operational, grab a copy of the current WoC version from the subversion repository (located at SourceForge, http://sf.net/projects/worldofciv) and include the LandR directory from the "Workshop" folder as loaded module.

As for the pagan religions: The difference to the "normal" religions is that these are tied to specific civilizations (only the civ specified can have them), and they're not founded, but exist from the first turn of the game. They spread automatically into any city you found or conquer, and they enable specific sacrifice rituals for units (inspired by the MesoAmerica mod from BtS 3.17, but much more generic); also, they (will) generate different benefits than the normal religions. They don't give culture boni, but generate a new commerce type called "spirituality" which will become a new requirement to found a "normal" game religion apart from the tech requirement it has (you need a certain amount of "spirituality" before you can convert to a new religion).

hi thanks for the explanation,

i know somas r n l for a log time, glad he acctually got it to be done :)

how can i make it opertional?

and can you give a little example by what does the pagan thngy does? cause im not quite sure i understood fully what you wrote...

Hey, boys :)

I am just glad my little pet R and L is still not forgotten ;)

I have lots of IRL works to be done, so I have no time (absolutely no time) to play...
But I keep my eyes on things here in the forum - and one day in the hopefully not so far future I will be back again for CIV...

Best regards for all of WoC Team and supporters

Soma

Hi,
I just started using WoC but am having a terrible time using civfanatics' search feature to look for downloadable WoC content. The search feature requires a minimum of four characters and it seems a shame to me that a little thing like that could hamper such a great mod concept.

I find the occasional link to good stuff in the forum posts and rockinroger posted a bunch of new stuff in the modcomponents section but beyond that it is nearly impossible to find WoC certified content short of going through each page of the downloads section.

Is there a way around this? A better way to look for stuff perhaps? I hope it is just me doing something wrong but I would really like to be able to search civfanatics' download section for plain old 'WOC'.

Hi,
I just started using WoC but am having a terrible time using civfanatics' search feature to look for downloadable WoC content. The search feature requires a minimum of four characters and it seems a shame to me that a little thing like that could hamper such a great mod concept.

I find the occasional link to good stuff in the forum posts and rockinroger posted a bunch of new stuff in the modcomponents section but beyond that it is nearly impossible to find WoC certified content short of going through each page of the downloads section.

Is there a way around this? A better way to look for stuff perhaps? I hope it is just me doing something wrong but I would really like to be able to search civfanatics' download section for plain old 'WOC'.

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7080677&postcount=3 here is the complete list and the updates. just click on the spoilers.

Hi there,

I hope someone can help me with this. I like to play WoC using all the modules excpet dynamic city radius on a modified version of Ghengis Kai's Giant Earth map. I am also rather fond of multiplayer and marathon speed. The problem is that after about 400 turns have elapsed the time between them slows down to about 15 seconds on single player and 30 seconds on multiplayer. Furthermore diplomacy screens can take several seconds to appear if the AI contacts the player. This results in a hearing the appropriate music for that CIV and seeing a frozen Diplomacy screen for a few seconds before things get going. Playing on GEM without the WoC mod results in slightly enhanced performance.

A secondary issue is that during its boot phase the WoC mod encounters multiple XML read type errors. I can just click through them and continue however during the game I am faced with many TXT_KEY_BUILDING and TXT_KEY EVENT abnormalities. With the events it is particularly vexing as though I may read the event itself I cannot read the options. Instead I am presented with TXT_KEY_GOLD_LOST or TXT_KEY_HAPPY as choices and I have to best guess what they entail. This issue is rather cosmetic and does not significantly impact on gameplay so if it can't be solved I can live with it. The main issue is the speed.

I would like someone to tell me what system i need to have in order to greatly improve the wait between turns situation. I want less than 5 seconds between turns even in the late game. I am not very computer savvy but since i can run supreme commander with no issues I am guessing it may not be RAM or my video card. Expense is not a problem though I do not wish to waste money my main focus is on resolving this issue.

Many Thanks in advance,

Imperium30.

My current system is:

intel core 2 duo CPU E2800 2.66Ghz
Asus P5Q motherboard
1TB LaCie Hard disk
4GB Ram
Ati Radeon X1950GT 256MB RAM
OS = Win XP professional x64 (English version) (Dedicated Drive for OS)
Civ version. BTS 3.17 WoC 1.0 (Dedicated Drive for games)

Hi Guys,

Quick question is it true that CIV 4 does not support 64bit or dual core processors? Over in the GEM forum I have been told that CIV is limited to 32bit and 1 core. So that while it runs under a 64 bit environment it does not benefit from the extra system resources.

Further what about WoC? I see that in the WoC Mod folder there are separate icons for 32bit and 64 bit. I never touched them what is their purpose exactly? Can the presence of the WoC mod make CIV 4 support a 64 bit system?

Sorry if these questions are a bit facile but my computer knowledge is far from great.

Imperium30

Quick question is it true that CIV 4 does not support 64bit or dual core processors? Over in the GEM forum I have been told that CIV is limited to 32bit and 1 core. So that while it runs under a 64 bit environment it does not benefit from the extra system resources.

true, it uses only one core, it uses up to 2 GB RAM (32 bit limit).

Further what about WoC? I see that in the WoC Mod folder there are separate icons for 32bit and 64 bit. I never touched them what is their purpose exactly? Can the presence of the WoC mod make CIV 4 support a 64 bit system?

no, the difference is that in a 64 bit system (Vista 64, not 64 bit CPU), the paths in the registry are different, so I assume (but do not know) that this is why where are two icons.

Hi guys,
(please pardon because I speak english like sh**)

I was so excited before playing to WoC but when I launch the mod (I've installed the full-WoC) the program chrashes without reason. What should I do :confused::confused:

Ok so there is a problem : I have 3 WoC and the modules

- WoC_Full-v1_10-setup
- WoC_Core-v1_00-setup
- WoC_Core-v1_10-setup

I'm on Vista :)() with bts 3.17. I had install WoC Core 1 10 ("designed for 3.17") and installed all the modules but a crash when I launch the mod. I don't know what to do.

PS : When I install only the basic Woc without modules, does the program work ? For me not.

Ok so there is a problem : I have 3 WoC and the modules

- WoC_Full-v1_10-setup
- WoC_Core-v1_00-setup
- WoC_Core-v1_10-setup

I'm on Vista :)() with bts 3.17. I had install WoC Core 1 10 ("designed for 3.17") and installed all the modules but a crash when I launch the mod. I don't know what to do.

PS : When I install only the basic Woc without modules, does the program work ? For me not.

Delete all 3 and install just the woc full beta 1.1. From there you can install any modules I uploaded on 10/11/2008. Do you have any mods in your custom assets? Your English is good enough by the way. Where are you from?

Delete all 3 and install just the woc full beta 1.1. From there you can install any modules I uploaded on 10/11/2008. Do you have any mods in your custom assets? Your English is good enough by the way. Where are you from?

Ok so I install full beta AND the mods from 5th wld wonders to 1st animal ? I'll try and comment.
I'm from south of France; maybe here I speak well english but orally it's a disaster :lol:

Top Bottom