Women die in India train stampede

Dida

YHWH
Women die in India train stampede
At least 14 women have been crushed to death in a stampede at a train station in northern India, officials say.

The stampede occurred at Mughalsarai, about 350km (217 miles) south-east of Lucknow, the capital of Uttar Pradesh.

Thousands of pilgrims were changing trains on their way to a Hindu festival in the holy city of Varanasi. More than 40 other women were injured.

Officials said a sudden platform change announcement coincided with three packed trains arriving at once.

India is running out of room. Some kind of population control scheme would do the country good.

Ban religion. The only option that makes sence/.

India is running out of room. Some kind of population control scheme would do the country good.

I don't think it's because they're running out of room. There are at least 30 more densely populated countries on Earth, with the top four being Monaco, Macau, Hong-kong and Singapore, and people do not get crushed to death in these countries.

I think the problem is rather than India is not yet developed enough to be able to have efficient infrastructures that will smoothly accommodate its big cities.

Saddening. :(

Bureaucratic and administrative incompetence, coupled with lots of other problems, causes things like this.
Let The Free Market Decide

Don't worry, I'm sure Muslims were behind it!

AM I RITE, SHILPA SHETTY?
Oh lord, not Shilpa again! Last I heard she was getting death threats from crazed Hindus because she kissed Richard Gere. What? Is she trying to balance things out by provoking Muslims too? :crazyeye:

I saw video of a train in India where people weren't just filled to the brim inside but were on top and hanging on the sides of the train. Crazy people.

It was probably in Gandhi class. Another good reason not to take Gandhi class. A/C class FTW!!

Well, laws regarding transportation need to be enacted and enforced. The great nations of the world do not have this problem, and if India wants to join that pantheon, it needs to enact and enforce some laws, starting with "No people riding trains on roofs"

Well, laws regarding transportation need to be enacted and enforced. The great nations of the world do not have this problem, and if India wants to join that pantheon, it needs to enact and enforce some laws, starting with "No people riding trains on roofs"

Ooooooh awesome man! You just solved it! Why oh why hasn't India thought of that before! I mean who would have thought it would be so easy as enacting and enforcing laws! Quick, apply for the Nobel Prize!
Thanks to you the problems plaguing the third-world and developing nations (AKA 5/6th of the world) will be solved by, err next year!

Ooooooh awesome man! You just solved it! Why oh why hasn't India thought of that before! I mean who would have thought it would be so easy as enacting and enforcing laws! Quick, apply for the Nobel Prize!
Thanks to you the problems plaguing the third-world and developing nations (AKA 5/6th of the world) will be solved by, err next year!

Dude, what the hell, don't be a dick, lol. I am saying what has to be done. It won't be done because it is politically and economically expedient to ignore the problem.

You know Indian Railways is owned by the Indian government, right?
Thats why I want it to be privatized?

Jeez man. I actually said "Let the Free Market Decide" meaning that I supported the privitazion of this industry.

Thats why I want it to be privatized?

Jeez man. I actually said "Let the Free Market Decide" meaning that I supported the privitazion of this industry.

"Good,use your aggressive feelings, boy. Let the hate flow through you":p

Top Bottom