1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Won first Diety!

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Strategy & Tips' started by LincolnOfRome, May 25, 2020.

1. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

First, I play with these mods. They don't alter the play, but they do offer things like a second prompt when a chop is about to finish and some messages on the screen when someone will trade something or when you can whip.

BAT 4.1: https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4bat/files/The BAT Mod (BTS v.319)/
    Leaderheads 2.0: https://sourceforge.net/projects/civ4bxp/files/BAT Extras Packs/BXP For BAT 4.1/

This game is with a strong leader (William van Oranje) and some weak AI opponents (Asoka, Charly, Peter, and Louis). There is plenty of room to expand at the beginning and I was able to build the Mids, GLH, Statue of Liberty, Three Gorges, UN, and the Internet. I also captured the Pentagon from Asoka. I quickly developed the lead score without wars and was the tech leader through most of the game.

Charly capitulated Peter and Louis while I was building dikes. I didn't attack until after Asoka built the Pentagon right outside my borders. Asoka quickly capitulated. After that, I was only a few votes short of diplomatic victory. Charly declared war and after I took a couple of Peter's cities, I won a diplomatic victory.

I have uploaded the starting save and the turn before the victory save. This would be a good game for even a good Monarch level player to win at Diety.

Attached Files:

Fine_Distinction likes this.
  2. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

Ha! I'd like to return the favor and give a big congrats to first-time Deity game winner LincolnOfRome :lol:

(reference)

3. LincolnOfRome

LincolnOfRome Glutton for Punishment

Thanks!

4. Qactus

Qactus Romani ite domum

I remembered your username because the post of yours which I linked above led me to try out the "Unrestricted leaders" option for the first time. I went with Boudica of Rome for the extra portion of cheese.