Won my first victory on Emperor

CELTICEMPIRE

Zulu Conqueror
It was the Iroquois on a tiny Pangaea so it was kind of cheating. There was some challenge as I left culturally-linked starting locations on and thus had to face the Inca (America was reduced to a city on an island I didn't know existed until I saw the replay and the Aztecs weren't too difficult to destroy). I won a domination victory after conquering half of the Inca lands. Had the Inca built the Statue of Zeus before I took their source of ivory I would have had a hard time winning.

It's been 15 years since I bought the game and over a decade since my first victory on Monarch (and with the same civ and settings).

Congratulations! It's a good feeling, isn't it? :)

Good on yer CE. Been playing Vanilla and C3C since 2002. Never beat Demigod until a few years ago and now I stick with Emperor (Standard maps) for a more relaxing game.. It never gets old, and despite its imperfections it's gotta be one of the greatest grand strategic wargames ever created.

Good on yer CE. Been playing Vanilla and C3C since 2002. Never beat Demigod until a few years ago and now I stick with Emperor (Standard maps) for a more relaxing game.. It never gets old, and despite its imperfections it's gotta be one of the greatest grand strategic wargames ever created.

Absolutely. I have well over 1000 hours on this game in steam (not counting the many hours I played as a kid on the disk), while I have less than 200 on Civ 4 and Civ 5.

I myself have finally moved back from Monarch to Emperor. I've won a few space-ship and one diplomatic victory. Feels nice.

Top Bottom