1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Dismiss Notice
  6. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonder 50% return

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Victoria, Jan 2, 2018.

1. Victoria

Victoria Regina Supporter

I was not aware this existed until @FurionHuang pointed it out and translated a Chinese forum post for me https://tieba.baidu.com/p/5484766933
    The overflow was discovered and heavily verified by @Rogue-star and so big thanks to both of you for this.
    To try and translate the translation into an overall production view

A city will normally be building something and if it gets additional production from another source (like chopping) the current item being built will get this production. If it finishes any additional overflow can be added to the next item.

If additional production comes from another source when nothing is in the queue then that production is not kept for the next item. This is consistent with other areas for example Gorgo killing a unit while there is no civic being built. She does not get the culture benefit.(I tested this a while ago)

If you are building a wonder and at the end of a turn someone finishes it, your wonder build is cancelled (so there is nothing in the queue) and you get back 50% in production which is then lost because nothing is in your queue.

The testing showed that 50% does exist because if you have spent say 200 on a wonder and can see someone is going to finish it before you, if you switch to a campus my understanding is when that wonder finishes your currently building campus (or whatever) will get 50% production back - 100 additional production applied. If it finishes you can apply any leftover to something else. Just be aware, if there is nothing in your production queue at the start of the next turn you loose any additional production.

I am going to look at this last bit because I know I can overflow warrior production between turns finishing 1 turn.

cvb, leandrombraz, Uberfrog and 5 others like this.
  2. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

This is the only reason i have used the +15percent wonder card the whole two times i have.

3. Victoria

... so you can get 57.5% return rather than 50% ?

4. Kyro

Kyro Chieftain

Well that will explain why my unfinished Oracle which I intentionally left at 1 turn to completion was automatically completed when I lost an Apadana Race.

5. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

Yes. If you know your going to lose out, might as well squeeze out a few more hammers.

6. Rogue-star

Rogue-star Chieftain

Why not change the project?100%>57.5%

7. Victoria

Will a project get 100% ?
    "举个简单的例子就是,假设某奇观我们敲了400锤,然后切到猴子,当回合被duang,得到200奇观溢出锤,猴子瞬间获得并且还遗留了170锤溢出锤,此时看大部分东西好像都非常便宜,因为你是带着170锤溢出看的。
    等到回合过完,这170锤被当回合城市产出清空(因为我们锤出猴子之后当回合城市产出是无项目依附的)所以咱们剩下的锤子又变成了1回合城市产出的锤子"

8. Rogue-star

Rogue-star Chieftain

I mean, if you know the wonder would be finished by others, why not change into other projects to get a fully city output? If you continue to build the wonder, when it is about to bulid by others then switch to another project, that in this time the efficiency of city production is only 50%. Even if using the policy of +15% production toward wonders, the applied efficiency is 57.5%, which is less than 100%.

9. Victoria

I think what @Esperr is saying is they will loose the wonder so they then add the 15% card so they do not loose so much. They do not keep building it.

10. Rogue-star

Rogue-star Chieftain

Sorry about my poor English,I misunderstood his words.

11. PYITE

PYITE Chieftain

I guess this means China can use builder charges for a future return of 30 cogs each or you can use the wonder engineers to get 1/2 of their production towards something else.

Victoria likes this.
  12. Victoria

13. Esperr

Esperr Chieftain

Yes, sometimes i will stumble on an A.I close to finishing Petra or FC when im a turn or two away, so there have been occassions where i will switch to the wonder bonus card.

14. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

In fact I noticed it a few months ago, but didn't actually calculate the number. @Victoria Do you know where the number "50%" come from? Is it in xml?

BTW This isn't really useful since you must be "building" sth. when you lose that wonder to get the bonus, so you cannot be finishing an item at that turn. The main point is that unlike city-state quests which are fully under control(so you can switch your policy card just in time), you cannot control when you lose that wonder, making it a strategy with too much uncertainty to be useful.

cvb and Uberfrog like this.
  15. Duuk

Duuk Champion of Colorblindness Supporter

So, is there a bug or not a bug here? Because I've never noticed a production boost when I lose a wonder race. (You can see that from the thread I started last night :D )

16. Lily_Lancer

Lily_Lancer Chieftain

My experience is that, you must be building some other things at that time instead of still building the wonder to get the bonus. But I'm not sure how they get the number "50%".

17. Victoria

I cannot read Chinese but will test this tonight, it will be fairly easy to do in firetuner
    I do believe them though.
    I do agree that in general it is a waste but better than nothing if you are going to loose a wonder

18. Duuk

Which would be fine... if there was an actual build queue.

19. Jackanape

Jackanape Chieftain

And how do we go about telling when our opponents are about to finish a Wonder? I'm not as adept at the UI as I'd like to be, but still...this is a huge tool.

Duuk likes this.
  20. Duuk

I see you've found the flaw.