[WONDER] Blue Mosque

asioasioasio

Fallout Scrubber
My first civ5 mod and of course ton of roadblocks. Dear Firaxis if you still want call Civ5 the most modable game from the serries make that all the custom 3d graphics work in your game. there is no way to add 3D graphic of a wonder right now. And if not work of brilliant peoplo from community like lemmy101, CaptainBinky and Deliverator probably we wouldn't add units to the game also. That's a shame! :thumbsdown::aargh: Trying to figure out why the city graphics dissapears yesterday and model doesn't appear was quite frustrating :badcomp:. The mod contains graphics (simple reskin of Hagia Sofia), but the 3d graphics won't appear on the map.

The Sultan Ahmed Mosque is a historical mosque in Istanbul, the largest city in Turkey and the capital of the Ottoman Empire. The mosque is popularly known as the Blue Mosque for the blue tiles adorning the walls of its interior. It was built between 1609 and 1616, during the rule of Ahmed I. Like many other mosques, it also comprises a tomb of the founder, a madrasah and a hospice. Blue Mosque is one of the most impressive monuments in the world and is the culmination of two centuries of both Ottoman mosque and Byzantine church development.

The Blue Mosque gives +3 happiness and +1 point of culture and +1 point of research for each two citizens in the city. Requires Acoustics, costs 650 production points.

Available in english and polish language.

Download here
In Mod Browser or here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=15864

Although Dubai's economy was built on the oil industry, currently the emirate's model of business, similar to that of Western countries, drives its economy, with the effect that its main revenues are now from tourism, real estate, and financial services. The large scale real estate development projects have led to the construction of some of the tallest skyscrapers and largest projects in the world such as the Emirates Towers, the Burj Khalifa, the Palm Islands and the world's second tallest, and most expensive hotel, the Burj Al Arab. Burj Khalifa, known as Burj Dubai prior to its inauguration, is the tallest man-made structure ever built, at 828 m. The building officially opened on 4 January 2010, and is part of the new 2 square km flagship development called Downtown Dubai near Dubai's main business district.

The Burj Khalifa gives +1 production and +3 gold on water tiles and additionaly Great Merchant unit.

Available in english and polish language.

Download here
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=16005

I plan to add 2 wonders for each era. Do you have the list? Maybe I'll get couple of ideas and save you some other troubles :)

Great man! could you add some roman wonders to?
and does the AI build the wonder?

It should build it - I didn't tested it so much - it should be built by ai that flavours building wonders, culture and science.

For Roman yes, but i don't promise anything. If I'll find good reconstruction images it's more possible :). What would you like to see?

It's easier to make "painiting" from photography. But for example Parthenon now and than are two different things :/

Great work asioasioasio. I am going to try it myself for my Dutch Mod.

I noticed that you have a little bug in your Deltaworks_settings.XML file. It says:

<Building_YieldChangesPerPop>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_LIBRARY</BuildingType>
<YieldType>YIELD_CULTURE</YieldType>
<Yield>50</Yield>
</Row>
</Building_YieldChangesPerPop>

I think this should be:

<Building_YieldChangesPerPop>
<Row>
<BuildingType>BUILDING_BLUE_MOSQUE</BuildingType>
<YieldType>YIELD_CULTURE</YieldType>
<Yield>50</Yield>
</Row>
</Building_YieldChangesPerPop>

Thx for finding this.

New version available with fixed this bug

a list... yep, got me lots of them! :p

I'm making a new tech tree.. which, while I told myself I wouldn't do it, will probably become a total overhaul... *sigh* sometimes I hate being anal-retentive OCD... :p

Hadn't gotten to prod costs or actual numbers for bonuses, so feel free to plug in whatever you like. :)

Still need to come up with some for Medieval era though...

As for Wonders;
Ancient Era
Sphinx - TechReq: Masonry, + to Culture

Temple of Artemis - ReqTech: Religion (New Tech), + to happiness & Culture

Stature of Zues at Olympia - ReqTech: Religion, + to Culture

Classical
Parthenon - ReqTech: Philosophy, +to culturem + to great artist

Great Colosseum - ReqTech: Construction, 10 turn golden age

Cairo Citadel - ReqTech: Construction, +10% defense to units in friendly territory

Library of Alexandria - ReqTech: Literature (New Tech), 2 free techs

Apostolic Palace of Rome - ReqTech: Civil Service, + Happiness

Renaissance
Blue Mosque - go you! :)

Leaning Tower of Pisa - ReqTech: Engineering, + to Culture and Great Engineer

Ball Rock Lighthouse - ReqTech: Navigation, +2 to sight

(gets a little sparse from here)

Holy See

Industrial
London Bridge, Golden Gate Bridge, Brooklyn Bridge, Empire State Building, Coney Island, Hoover Dam, Barnum & Bailey Circus

Modern
Sear Towers, Japanese Bullet Train (Have to get actual name for it), Wall Street, S.E.T.I., The Internet

That was my quick and dirty list I made in about 10 minutes.... feel free to have at any of em if you like. :)

a list... yep, got me lots of them! :p

I'm making a new tech tree.. which, while I told myself I wouldn't do it, will probably become a total overhaul... *sigh* sometimes I hate being anal-retentive OCD... :p
ear Towers, Japanese Bullet Train (Have to get actual name for it), Wall Street, S.E.T.I., The Internet

That was my quick and dirty list I made in about 10 minutes.... feel free to have at any of em if you like. :)

Might I suggest instead of Tech tree overhaul (Which has known issues with DLC civs) that you use FiresForever's BTF Multiple Page Tech tree?

Also, the Bullet Train is called Shinkansen

The list looks now like this - I used some of your suggestions.
The problem is still with Ancient/Classical era - to many buildings are good choice for wonders. :)

Ancient Era:
-Parthenon (Writing or new tech Polytheism)
-Sphinx (Masonry)
-Statue of Zeus (Polytheism)
Eventualy
-Temple of Artemis (Trapping (she was god of hunting) or new tech Polytheism)
-&#288;gantija Temples (Animal Husbandry or new tech Mysticism)
-Lascaux Paintings (Trapping, or new tech Hunting)
-Solomon's Temple (requires Monotheism)

Classical Era:
-Great Colosseum (Construction)
-Mausoleum of Maussollos (Philosophy)

Medieval Era:
-Cairo Citadel (Engineering)
-Carcassonne (Chivalry)

Reneissance Era:
-Apostolic Palace of Rome (Acoustics)
-Blue Mosque (Acoustics)
Eventually
-Trafalgar Square (Navigation)
-Arc de Triomphe (Rifling)

Industrial Era
-Empire State Building (Radio or new tech Corporations)
-Panama Canal (there's already graphic in the game)
Eventually
-Neuschwanstein Castle

Modern Era
-Burj Khalifa (Globalization)
-Three Georges Dam (graphic is already in the game)
-The Internet (Computers)
Eventualy:
-Sagrada Família (probably new tech)

Well you make whatever you want and I, and I'm sure others, will happily use them, tweaking the specifics to our ideas. :)

But that's how things go, people make mods, other people go 'Cool... but...' :p

Either way, not being into graphics, thanks for stepping up to make anything! :)

Yeah feel free to mod of course, the stuff I do.

For the rest of thing like Shinkansen or Brooklyn Bridge I could try to make just the graphics :)

The next one on to do list is Burj Khalifa :)

It should build it - I didn't tested it so much - it should be built by ai that flavours building wonders, culture and science.

For Roman yes, but i don't promise anything. If I'll find good reconstruction images it's more possible :). What would you like to see?

It's easier to make "painiting" from photography. But for example Parthenon now and than are two different things :/

Trajan's Column
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Tr...from_north.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:00...e,_Tafel_I.jpg

http://www.gettyimages.nl/detail/900...S&location=NLD

- +2 attack for all units
or
- +15% defence for all units
or
- + 2 great generals

- Colluseum

Looks really great! ESP the wondersplash!
About your wonderlist:
Neu Schwanstein should definitely be an industrial era wonder as the construction started in 1869 (IIRC there was even one of the first German telephones there)
If you plan to add Panama Canal you could also add Suez Canal (a nation should be able to construct only one of them).

Top Bottom