wonder/improvement preview: The 'Acheiropoietos'

Kyriakos

Creator
The Acheiropoietos, which means "not built by (human) hands' is not only one of the biggest churches in the world (and yet only the second biggest in Thessalonike, after st. Demetrios) but also has one of the coolest names. Built (obviously) by orc hands, in the 5th century AC (i think only a few years before st. Demetrios) it still survives in impressive form today not far from where i live ;)

Here is a preview, i may change the roof colour and will add that small building on the side.

Attachments

• acheiropoihtos.bmp
    212.1 KB · Views: 109
By orcs? Cool :p - I knew the orcs had some sort of greek heritage in them ;) :p

Question: is there something else special about that church (than being built by orcs, is quite largeish and located next to where you live)? :)

aaglo said:
By orcs? Cool :p - I knew the orcs had some sort of greek heritage in them ;) :p

Question: is there something else special about that church (than being built by orcs, is quite largeish and located next to where you live)? :)

The orcs were rather inspired by mongol races, and not really greeks, if you count out the spartans anyway, but i wouldnt associate them with anglo saxons either, they are more like the halflings :p

What else is special about the church? Hm, well it is one of the landmarks of the city, and of the byzantine empire as well, although it isnt as famous as the hagia sophia but then again i dont think that any other orthodox church is globally famous anyway.
I dont think that we have to make stuff that are so 'special' to everyone, besides not many scens are being made so even that fact would make, according to your remark, virtually anything new that is made appear unimportant. My reason for making it is that i am building a new byzantine series, so this is a sort of sideplate.

ps: i still havent forgotten your silent denial to make a special trireme for my doomed peloponnesian war scen, back in the days when it wasnt obvious that it would be doomed :p So, we meet again aaglo :)

Top Bottom