[R&F] Wonder movie - Kilwa Kisiwani

Origin myths are nothing new, though. Practically every nation in Europe at one time claimed some connection to Troy, in East Asia there are a lot of myths linking to China, and in Southeast Asia to India. See also: Jesus/Mary/Buddha/Rama touched this/owned this/sat here/ate here/etc.
Don't forget Adam's Peak in Sri Lanka; it's holy to many different religions, both of the Abrahamic family and of the Dharmic family.

Given the timing of the wonder video release, along with the difficulties of representing the Kilwa/Swahili that others have identified, I am now thinking that it is quite unlikely that a Civ associated with the wonder will be in the game.

If it were, I'm pretty sure they would have waited to play the wonder movie until the Friday before the first look appeared, as a hint at the upcoming reveal. But since we know we get the Netherlands tomorrow, it can't serve that purpose.

Anyway, I'll post a string of embarrassed smilies if I'm wrong....

I'm wary of taking these legends/ancestry claims as truth. Especially the Yoruba being Canaanites. :crazyeye: Africans shouldn't need to claim Middle Eastern origins/ancestry to make themselves feel better. They need to have pride in their indigenous origins.

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. I don't take these as true. I'm saying it's not unusual for something like Kilwa coming from African origins, but claiming Persian origins.

Top Bottom