Wonder=Rennesiance Fair

Industrymaster

One-Wing Angel
The Renassiance Fair will be a fun little wonder that will allow all obsolete buildings active and buidible.

Rennassiance Fair=+5 culture, +3 happy, all obsolete buildings effects are reactivated and rebuidable.

+3 Happy in addition to culture and obsolete buildings reactivated seems rather overpowered to me... but thats just a guess. I'd just leave out the happy bonus altogether.

Also something to consider: will it obsolete buildings only in the city or throughout the continent or nation?

This would have to include some SDK modding though

+5 culture is also a little over the top, imo. Sure there are plenty of other wonders with more than that, but there is more than just the direct effects to consider.

This will potentially allow a late-game city to have the following buildings active, when they otherwise wouldn't (not factoring in UBs that replace them):

Monument : +1 Culture
Walls : Not a big deal unless less advanced civs.
Castle : +1 Culture, +25% Epsionage, +1 Trade Route
Up to 7 monestaries (probably fewer) : +2 Culture, +10% science each
Stables : not that you will be making any more Mounted units.

That comes up to 2-16 culture, +1 Trade Route, +0-70% science, some very minor military advantages

Then there are all the Wonders it could reactivate..

Angkor Wat
Chichen Itza
Stonehenge
Apostolic Palace
Colossus
Great Library
Great Lighthouse
Hagia Sophia
Kremlin
Parthenon
Spiral Minaret
Temple of Artemis
University of Sankore

Just reactivating 2 or 3 of those could be potentially game changing.

For the stated ability, I would go at most 2 culture and maybe 1 happy. Even at that, it would be potentially gamebreaking.

That being said, I do think it is a nifty idea.

Maybe this would work better as a national wonder? That way, everyone has access to it and it does not unbalance the game, even if it is really powerful. This would especially fix stuff if it would only work for one city.

Top Bottom