1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[BTS] Wonderdates

Discussion in 'Civ4 Strategy Articles' started by Major Tom, Apr 6, 2020.

1. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

I have compiled some statistics from my deity and immortal games. This shows when the AI gets certain wonders and Lib, when I have not. It is standard settings. Fractal and random opponents (6+human). The games are usually played with the Better BUG AI-mod.

Jellybug and sampsa like this.
  2. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

Deity.PNG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
  3. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

Immortal2.PNG

Last edited: Apr 7, 2020
    Excal likes this.
  4. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

5. Anysense

Anysense King

Something is wrong with min\max values.

6. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

Fixed

7. Jellybug

Jellybug Chieftain

will tech trading speed these later dates up (i.e. lib), or were you playing normally ie trading when you felt like?

8. Major Tom

Major Tom Immortal

Was playing normally. Deity games was mostly the aesthetic tradebait route if that matters. Generally playing peaceful, going for lib. Guess a map filled with wars could slow things down.

Also, all games fractal map, so rather mixed trading opportunities. Guess a Pangaea map may speed things up. AI was random in all games. By the way, I got Montezuma often as neighbour. Anyone knows if random opponents are truly random?

9. Jellybug

Jellybug Chieftain

I've bookmarked this, thank you for the document

edit: re: opponents my last three games have been next to Augustus Caesar and Zara. I guess there are only what, 32 leaders so you're odds on to have at least one repeat

10. Anysense

Anysense King

Tech trading has the most significant impact on Lib. Normally, on Deity I'd expect it to go between 300 and 500 AD on Pangaea, Terra etc. Other wonder dates are much less affected and the Oracle depends mostly on the leaders. For example, guys like Mansa, Gandhi etc. with high religious and wonder flavor will often build it before 2000 BC.