Wonderful Peaceful Game

DanaLea

Prince
Supporter
Finished a game last night that was (for me) very enjoyable.

first off, I play level 3 (warlord), very large maps with fewer civs, and I try very hard to have NO WAR. I turn barbs off and I start with a couple extra units. LOL

I picked Rome for myself, used a mod to get a map sized for 16 players, then cut that in half, so there was me and 7 others. The others were Gilgamesh, Jadwiga, Cathy, Pedro, Tomyris, Cleo, and Saladin.

Pedro was mostly neutral towards me for most of the game since I refused to stop earning Great People, but everyone else was very friendly. In fact, while I didn't get the "ally" at any point, I was "friends" with everyone, even Pedro eventually came around. I did notice a few wars going on elsewhere, sometimes between civs, sometimes between a civ and a city-state, but no one declared on me (which is how I like it). [I tend to lose interest in a game when I get declared on, I do not enjoy the war aspect of the game. Usually, I quit and start a new game]

I wrote down those civs as I may have to include a few of them in every game if they are going to be peaceful.

I won culturally.

I tend to lose interest in a game when I get declared on, I do not enjoy the war aspect of the game. Usually, I quit and start a new game]
I hear you, I'm more of a builder myself as well - sounds like a good game.

Top Bottom