Wonders and cultures: v37 - v38 comparison

gomezfett

Chieftain
I’m glad to tell you I’ve finished a whole C2C game, checking almost every wonder, building, unit and the other stuff. Despite the fact that I use SVN updates, unfortunately I couldn’t finish the game in the new version of C2C, because at some point of SVN updates, the savegame became incompatible.

Now I’m ready to start a new game in the v38, but first I’ve made a comparison between v37 and v38, mostly about wonders and cultures, and I’ve found out some interesting points I’d like to share:

WORLD WONDERS:

There was a World Wonder in v37 that have vanished in v38: Bletchley Park. I guess it disappeared due to any of the several v37 SVN updates, but I don’t know if that was intentionally made or if you didn’t notice that.

CULTURES:

Crystalpunk, Spacepunk and Starpunk are included in the World Wonders list, both v37 and v38, but I think they should be considered as Cultures, such as Clockpunk, Atompunk or Biopunk. I find it an inconsistency, so I let you know.

Besides, there are several cultures such as Blackfoot, Athenian or Venetian, that remain unbuildable for a long time, even though they have their own national units and heroes. Are you thinking about including them in the new version as playable cultures? I have the complete list of those unbuildable cultures, if you want to know more details.

NATIONAL WONDERS:

The Noblegarden was considered a National Wonder in v37, but it actually worked as an ordinary building, so each city could build it. In v38 it still remains like a National Wonder. I don’t know if you knew that and if you have fixed this minor bug in v38.

On the other hand, I’ve found out lots of inconsistencies and minor bugs related to religions, buildings, wonders and military captives in pepper’s space mod. It’s too much information to post it here, so I’ll try to post that ASAP. I’m not an English speaker, so first of all I must translate, organize and summarize the information so as to expose it clearly and in an understandable way.

Hope the information has been useful and thanks for giving us this great mod.

There is no such thing as Bletchley Park in assets.
Maybe you made typo in its name?

All culture buildings including punks have world wonder, that produces punk/culture "resource"

I made list of unbuildable cultures earlier, I guess no one has idea for tech and terrain/resource combo for them.

Noblegarden was fixed for V38.5

Pepper's space mod is fully integrated into game, now modmod thread is purely for information.
Pepper wanted to do bugfixes, but his computer broke.

AI was broken on V38.1, so forced savebreaking trick was necessary - bugs could persist.
In V38.5 AI was fully fixed.

All culture buildings including punks have world wonder, that produces punk/culture "resource"

I made list of unbuildable cultures earlier, I guess no one has idea for tech and terrain/resource combo for them.

Pepper's space mod is fully integrated into game, now modmod thread is purely for information.

AI was broken on V38.1, so forced savebreaking trick was necessary - bugs could persist.

Hi raxo, thanks for answering!

Hi raxo, thanks for answering!

There's no typo in "Bletchley Park", and I'm absolutely sure it ever existed in v37, because when I began to play, I made a complete World Wonder list. In fact, I can tell you the original prereqs (Logistics tech and Intelligence Agency building). I guess it was removed in a certain update, because the latest v37 SVN update didn't include he wonder. This is the wikipedia link of the wonder: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bletchley_Park

About "punks", I know every culture works as a World Wonder. What I wanted to mean is that cultures are included in Civilopedia in Cultures list, not in Worl Wonders list. Crystalpunk, Spacepunk and Starpunk are not listed in cultures but in World Wonder.

Regarding unbuildable cultures, to be honest I thought cultures were not follow a historical pattern:lol:, because I find some of them are a little random (Bolivian requires coast but in real life the country doesn't have coast, or Aka culture requires potatoes, but they are a South American vegatable and Aka is an African culture, for example).

About pepper's mod, I know it was fully included in C2C. What I wanted to explain is that I have checked this part in C2C, creating space plots through the WorldBuilder and checking how it works. And I have found some inconsistencies and minor bugs, so I'll create a new post in a couple of weeks so as to explain that.

See you soon!!!!

I think forum glitched on you :p

I guess it got removed after all.

Those punks are listed both in cultures and world wonders. I guess this is pedia linking bug.

Spoiler :

Civ4BeyondSword 2018-07-26 18-27-39-20.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-07-26 18-27-52-44.jpg
Civ4BeyondSword 2018-07-26 18-26-49-43.jpg

Try my space map - its small world if you want to reach space age quickly.

I think forum glitched on you :p

I guess it got removed after all.

Those punks are listed both in cultures and world wonders. I guess this is pedia linking bug.

Try my space map - its small world if you want to reach space age quickly.

No, no, I'm referring to C2C Cultures list... Anyway, it was only an annotation, nothing really important.

I've already played your map, pepper recommended it to me, and its very very complete...

Thanks again for answering!!!:thumbsup:

NATIONAL WONDERS:

The Noblegarden was considered a National Wonder in v37, but it actually worked as an ordinary building, so each city could build it. In v38 it still remains like a National Wonder. I don’t know if you knew that and if you have fixed this minor bug in v38.
This is as intended by the designer. I was going to change it a bit and suggested some modifications. I don't think any response came.
It was broken further in v38.5:lol:

This building is supposed to be as expensive as a National Wonder but we can't do that with the current system. I suppose I will have to disable it for now. This is a big problem with a small number of buildings we have.
About "punks", I know every culture works as a World Wonder. What I wanted to mean is that cultures are included in Civilopedia in Cultures list, not in Worl Wonders list. Crystalpunk, Spacepunk and Starpunk are not listed in cultures but in World Wonder.
I think the code checks for "CULTURE" in the name (key) to decide on what goes in the Culture list. Should be easy enough to look for "PUNK" as well.

edit
ah ha! Much easier it is done using the SpecialBuildingType tag on the building XML. Wonder how Toffer did it?

edit2 they already have those tags set so that is probably how Toffer did it ;)

Last edited:
It was broken further in v38.5:lol:

This building is supposed to be as expensive as a National Wonder but we can't do that with the current system. I suppose I will have to disable it for now. This is a big problem with a small number of buildings we have.

<PrereqTech>TECH_MYTHOLOCIAL_BEASTIARY</PrereqTech>
<iCost>12310</iCost>

National Wonder at Xgrid of this tech (X116) should cost 6155*2 = 12310 and it does.

Cost multipliers:
Normal 1
National 2
Group 4
World 6
Project 10

I guess you looked on thread, where those multipliers weren't updated.

It is national wonder.

<PrereqTech>TECH_MYTHOLOCIAL_BEASTIARY</PrereqTech>
<iCost>12310</iCost>

National Wonder at Xgrid of this tech (X116) should cost 6155*2 = 12310 and it does.

Cost multipliers:
Normal 1
National 2
Group 4
World 6
Project 10

I guess you looked on thread, where those multipliers weren't updated.

It is national wonder.
But is should be available in every city so it is not a national wonder. It should just cost as much as a national wonder.

I looked in the XML. The cost is right but the Building Class XML says it is a national wonder when it shouldn't.

Never mind it can be a national wonder.

But is should be available in every city so it is not a national wonder. It should just cost as much as a national wonder.

I looked in the XML. The cost is right but the Building Class XML says it is a national wonder when it shouldn't.

Never mind it can be a national wonder.
Noble Garden is national wonder as it was originally done - it even has silver star icon.

Top Bottom