Wonders going Obsolete

whataboutit

Chieftain
Hi all,

I am playing C3C only-war, hotseat with my friends. Currently I'm WAY behind them but the Great Library hasn't built yet. One of them had already researched Education.
My question is: does it have a sense building The Great Library? If it only obsoletes when I get to Education it would be a Super Chance. How does obsoleting work??

Thanks in advance.

A wonder is obsolete only when its possessor has the tech that makes it obsolete. So yes, the GLib will work. Moreover you get techs duting the interturn and the wonder becomes obsolete at the begining of the following turn. IOW it may give you techs beyond education.

A trick I often use when I play a pure warmongering game on continental map is to research litteracy quickly (usually after getting monarchy) and trade it immediately. That makes almost sure that the GLib will be built in my continent. All I have to do is to capture it at the right time.

I managed to come back from dead last with the "library slingshot". I was on a continent with 1 other AI civ and built the library. After a lot of ineffectual back and forth wars, I and the other civ were way behind the rest of the worls in tech. After probably 6 sunk galleys or curraughs, I managed to make landfall ont eh other continent and shot into the industrial age and managed to go on to win. There's a lot of similar stories around.

Top Bottom