Wonders Movies

Krose

Chieftain
I would see again short movies when Wonders are built. As in Civilization II - movies there were great !! They rose the value of the game a lot.
Unfortunatelly designers in next Civs prefered animations - shame... :cry:
And in Civ 4 these movies are complete disaster (for me personally)

In Civ V ;) please prepare proper videos ... ;)

yep me too, is there anywhere you can view a city as you could in civ III?

yeah, I was kinda dissapointed with the wonder movies too, but I usually skip them after seeing them a couple times anyways, so not a huge lose personally.

The wonder movies still play choppy on my machine, even the low-res movies with an ini file tweaked to max perfomance - which is a bit silly given my specs. Also, the movies run fine on their own, outside of Civ, so there's something in Civ's movie player that Firaxis doesn't seem to be able to fix.

But I agree, the movies weren't so great anyways, there's very little creativity in them and almost no atmosphere. At least wo do have them, so - unlike Civ3 - modders can make their own movies if they wish. But it's a bit strange that the 10 year old, super-cheap wonder movies of Civ2 (mostly consisting of cheaply licensed public library material) hold so much more atmosphere than the movies of Civ4. (SMAC's movies were even better, but also more expensive.)

Top Bottom