1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Wonders of the Ancient World as next DLC?

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Pouakai, Jul 3, 2011.

1. anandus

anandus Errorist

Click on the links I gave in post number 7 and all shall be revealed. Well, at least his name ;)

2. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

I still prefer Paul the Octopus :p

3. awesome

awesome Meme Lord

i still think they'll be patched in because a few wonders doesn't really seem like much of a dlc

4. anandus

anandus Errorist

I think/hope it'll be both, just like the (idiotic) natural wonders that came with the "Conquest of the New World"-scenario.
    They features in their own scenario and they were patched in the vanilla game.

So, maybe there will be a scenario featuring the Seven Wonders of the World (which now complete with these three added wonders), maybe some interesting scenario-specific Civs (like Assyria, Caria, Lycia, Lydia, Phrygia, Ionia, Rhodos, maybe some Greek City states like Athens, Corinth, Sparta, etc.) and a scenario-specific tech-tree.
    (Like other scenario's often have specific civs and/or their own tech-tree)

And the wopnders will also be patched in to the vanilla game under already existing techs as a free addition.

Especially as the audio-files and XML are in the normal assets and not in a specific DLC-folder, like DLC-assets are, makes me think along those lines.

5. fat_tonle

fat_tonle Prince

So lemme get this straight? The Civ and the scenario will be separate DLC's? 5.00$ better get me a civ AND a scenario or I'm out.

6. anandus

anandus Errorist

No, nothing is known yet. It are all assumptions.

If there will be a Korea-DLC it'll probably (I think) have a Korea-centered scenario with it, maybe something like the Imjin War (which featured both Hwacha's and Turtle boats, the assumed UU's for Korea).

And there might be the separate scenario about the world wonders, although nothing is certain about that. Might be a scenario as a free DLC, maybe not, maybe not even a scenario and the wonders will just be patched in.

But nobody knows what it'll be like and even if there's some truth to all I'm saying.
    It still are strong speculations and nothing more than that, speculations.

7. fat_tonle

fat_tonle Prince

Well... yay to spending 5.00$ to build the Temple of Artemis in my games now... but it sounds pretty lame to sell scenarios separately like that unless they are REALLY comprehensive. Sounds like expansion material. At the same time, how can anyone expect them to patch all that in for free after we just got a gargantuan patch?

So yeah, I'll take a free scenario... but let's not be naive. Maybe scenarios featuring real world maps will be enticing enough for those who don't buy map packs, but I will definitely pass on that. Just stick to DLC civs and be consistent.

8. anandus

anandus Errorist

Maybe it'll be a free scenario for all the suckers :)rolleyes:) who bought the Cradle of Civilization maps. To soothe their wounds
    Just kidding of course :)

But, that said, the Cradle of Civilizations Mesopotamia-map would be great for such a scenario.

9. MoonFlare

MoonFlare Prince

There is a spy in 2K/Firaxis base. And he's a friend to that german guy. Or that german guy is a high level employe at 2K/Firaxis.

10. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ROME_GETS_ZEUS
    ACHIEVEMENT_SPECIAL_ZEUS_AND_ARTEMIS
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_HITTITES
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_GREECE
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_SUMER
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_EGYPT
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WIN_PERSIA
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WONDER_CITY
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_WONDER_CONQUEST
    ACHIEVEMENT_SCENARIO_06_ORACLE_CONSULT

http://forums.2kgames.com/showthread.php?109508-Next-DLC-Scenario-based-in-Greece

11. Pouakai

Pouakai It belongs in a museum. Moderator

You bet me to it ;)

Looking like the next DLC is a large one, wonders, scenarios, civilizations (Hittites, Sumer)

12. moysturfurmer

moysturfurmer Emperor

the civs are probably scenario specific (ala normandy/the pacific island civs)

13. anandus

anandus Errorist

Ah, too late, just wanted to post that! :D

It's very interesting that it's scenaro 6. Maybe scenario 5 is the one that comes with the Korea-DLC?
    Only for in the scenario, probably not useable in the normal game.

14. Pouakai

I imagine there would be a rather large interweb riot if Hittites and Sumer were only playable in the scenario

15. anandus

anandus Errorist

It doesn't have to mean they'll not come as a seperate civ later on, but like somebody said, just like the 1066-scenario, it'll probably be scenario-specific in this case.

Although I must say it would be really, really nice if it'd be something like the Spain-Inca-pack.
    Two civs, some wonders and a good scenario.

16. Pouakai

That's what my vote is on

17. Louis XXIV

Louis XXIV Le Roi Soleil

Didn't the Polynesian scenario also have victory conditions for each civ you win as. Unless there is full art for each of them, I don't think there will be a riot for failure to include them as regular Civs. That being said, it's possible one or the other will be.

Interestingly enough, I had been considering trying to make a Mesopotamia scenario (since Babylon never had one). I guess I no longer have to.

18. Art Grin

Art Grin Emperor

I really hope it's a two civ DLC pack like the Spain and Inca pack.
    I wonder what the Hittites and Sumerian UU and UB might be, the Hittites will probanly get an improved chariot like in Civ III.

19. fat_tonle

fat_tonle Prince

Sumer yeah because it was the first, but I really don't think either have precedent to be in the game full time. If they go ancient world, I'd prefer we get a bunch more, Assyrian, Phoenician, etc. But they shouldn't be civs. Then again I don't know if I am buying a scenario separately.

20. eazyseeker

eazyseeker Warlord

I can say hitties & sumerians would be.. nice, for a change, however I can't really see them getting appearing in the normal game, unfortunately :(. Too close to Babylon.

OR this could serve as the scenario for Babylon. I mean, it's the only DLC civ with no scenario attached to it, right? For all we know they could just use Babylon for the 'Sumerian Empire' (Assyro-Babylonians)

The thing that now finally makes sense, however, is the buff most ancient wonders recieved - to serve as powerful bonuses in the upcoming scenario.