Wonders of the future...

Eliezair

Chieftain
Aside from the space elevator... I would like to see more wonders of the future into CIV... or more modern wonders... for example... I even have not seen the Dubai's Palm Island reflexed on the game or in some another mod... neither i have seen the Burj Khalifa... the tallest skyscraper of the world built by the men ever... in regard to the wonders of the future... the concept about the arcology has not been totally developed into CIV... as the space elevator... the Shimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramid would be another wonder of the future... or the Sky City 1000... the Bionic Tower... the X-Seed 4000... Lilypads Project... etc.

So... i have created this topic for knowing the opinion of my mates in the forum... also i would like to know if some mate has created some wonders of the future for playing them on the mods...

The problem with arcologies as wonders is that they're really their own self-contained cities. How you'd represent that in CIV terms isn't really clear. Maybe triple the commerce output of a town in the city's BFC?

unless the arcology to be developed as another tech else into the game for producing pyramidal cities... the Shimizu TRY 2004 Mega-City Pyramid might be a possible urban project into the game... as well as the project manhattan... u know what... i am worried about the CIV projects too... but it would be a topic apart... by the way... i found out this in the net...

The Atlantis Project

Face it... stuff THIS cool only gets built in Dubai.

You're late, civ4 was released 2005 and developed earlier than that, maybe you intended for this to be posted on the civ5 forum or the C&C forum? You can always search the site or mod them into the game yourself, you know ;)

You're late, civ4 was released 2005 and developed earlier than that, maybe you intended for this to be posted on the civ5 forum or the C&C forum? You can always search the site or mod them into the game yourself, you know ;)
I would like to see these made for both Civ4 and 5. It's already possible with Civ4...

Balance in the late game might be hard to work out, though. Modern wonders might be over powered to some extent.

International space station - +100% space ship production, +30% science

yeah... i remember to have seen the International Space Station on a mod too...

By the way... I even have not seen the Project Biosphere 2 reflexed on CIV...

Moreover... neither i have seen the Noah's Ark from Norway as wonder... it should be too...

Global shading project: reverses global warming, requires ecology, satellites and robotics
Death Star: other civilizations will not declare war on you except for to try and destroy it, other civilizations will surrender to any conditions if they can't destroy it, requires future tech (10), composites, robotics and satellites

Global shading project: reverses global warming, requires ecology, satellites and robotics
Death Star: other civilizations will not declare war on you except for to try and destroy it, other civilizations will surrender to any conditions if they can't destroy it, requires future tech (10), composites, robotics and satellites

Futurism doesn't fit into the theme of civilization that well anyway. Things like that should belong in Alpha Centauri instead.

I don't know if the 'tallest skyscraper' or the 'palm islands' are really wonders. I mean, yeah, they're pretty cool. But they're probably going to be outdone relatively soon. Right now, we're in a period of one-up-manship, and so each 'wonder' is merely temporary on its pedestal.

In comparison, a space elevator would cause a fundamental shift in history. Ocean cities would too, no doubt.

Top Bottom