Wonders only humans can build?

Maharajah

Chieftain
Does the AI build the Wall Street, Battlefield Medicine, Heroic Epic, War Academy and the Pentagon too, or is it only the human player? How about the Apollo program?

I've never seen AI using armies though it often has Elite* units and military leaders which suggests it could build armies if it wanted/was permitted.

The AI rarely builds armies. There seems to be a problem - this is a reason why many consider the armies to be totally unfair. If they do build armies, they often just load them up with whatever units happen to be around - so you might see an army with one knight, and two pikemen or something weird like that.

So, if the AI rarely builds armies, then they can't get the heroic epic, war academy, or pentagon since all three require armies first. The AI definitely builds apollo - or else how do they compete in the space race? I see this all the time. Not sure about the others, but I am sure I have seen those at least a few times. Of course, if you capture a city with the enemy's small wonder in it, it is destroyed - so you might not have noticed.

Oh, yes, I should have realized the Apollo Program is obvious since the AI wins the space race all the time.

But I don't remember Wall Street or other small wonders being built by it.

I remember the AI got a leader and made a army with a horseman and 2 Impi's.

I was shocked :eek: because that was my first ever seeing of a AI Army.

I saw the AI get a leader army because he had been lucky, but luckily I still had one samurai left hehe.

But the next turn, the almost exact same thing happened to me:( you screw the computer out of an army, and i guess the computer doesnt like that:(...esp since it would have been my first one

Michael

I used to see AI armies in Vanilla but never in Conquests

on the subject, I have never investigated an AI city and seen a small wonder built

OTOH, I have never really been looking either

I've never seen an army in C3C except in an SG modded with a few simple rule changes to allow the AI to build them. We did see an army but we lost the game. Here's the link if you want to see the changes that you need to make.

Yes the AI build small wonders just like you. Use your embassies or spies to spy on AI cities.

You'll only see AI armies in C3C scenarios, not in the core game. Although they do get GML they use them to rush stuff in a city instead of creating an Army.

That's why many good players are more fond of PtW than C3C, amongst other issues, such as broken science age with the SGLs

If its of any intrest if you play the rise of rome campaign on Conquests. Rome usually has an army near the start of the game. Based in Rome, can be pretty nasty.

Ai certainly seems to go for the intelligence agency the first chance it gets it would seem. The most wonders ive ever seen an AI opponent have tho is only two in one city.

It seems to me that AIs always build their Intelligence Agency ASAP, and I've seen them building a Battlefield Medicine.

The AI will build any small wonder that is availiable. They don't always put it in good locations, but they do build it.

They build Wall Street, but aren't smart enough to keep their treasury over 1000 to get max benefit.
They will build the Military Academy and Heroic Epic if by some miracle they get an army. (Which is extremely rare)

The Army thing is due to a couple of reasons.
The AI has no concept of leader farming. If you watch the replay for even a diety game with lots of AI warfare, you will usually see no more than 1 leader for any given AI. If a small wonder is availiable, they will usually rush that instead of building an army. Because Humans can farm for leaders, we usually get one at a much earlier state of the game.

In my opinion, the Miliatary Academy should not require a victorious army to build. That to me is an unfair restriction to chance. The MA should be the safety valve instead of increasing the cost of bad luck. Even if you had bad luck (as I did in COTM where I counted around 35 elite victories without a leader), then getting the Miliatary Academy should be the thing that finally allows you to build armies.

Oops, sorry, got off on a personal rant there. Feel free to ignore.

jeffelammar said:
In my opinion, the Miliatary Academy should not require a victorious army to build. That to me is an unfair restriction to chance. The MA should be the safety valve instead of increasing the cost of bad luck. Even if you had bad luck (as I did in COTM where I counted around 35 elite victories without a leader), then getting the Miliatary Academy should be the thing that finally allows you to build armies.
I'm inclined to agree, after having played many games without ever getting even one leader all game. GOTM44 was the most recent that comes to mind, and I got plenty of elite victories with nothing to show for them.

The only time not getting a leader really bugged me is in the competition games like SGOTM. In those games a leader can make a substantial difference for one team over another. Otherwise I feel it generally balances out. In my current game I would have killed for a leader early against the Americans, then finally after 30+ victories I got two in three attacks. Thats the way it generally seems to balance out IMO, a couple at a time, then a long stretch without.

EDIT: Not sure I've ever played a game w/o a single MGL, but I could be mistaken, I suppose.

Top Bottom